PDA

View Full Version : Question About High Capacity Mags

Ducman
03-28-2009, 11:13 PM
I know this has been covered before but for the life of me, tried searching but couldn't find it.

questions is( as we all know some manufacturers sell their upper / complete rifles usually comes w/ a 30 round mags, stickers and some extra freebies) and have a disclaimer: except for the following states: CA, HI, MA, MD, NJ, NY etc.etc.

what happens if the manufacturer accidentally forgot to take it out?? what are you suppose to do???

only reason I ask is people makes mistakes, we're only humans after all. chances are this could happen or do you have more chance winning the lottery :)

hoffmang
03-28-2009, 11:19 PM
If you were accidentally given large capacity magazines you should basically forget about it and enjoy the fruits of someone else's mistake.

-Gene

Sarkoon
03-28-2009, 11:22 PM
If you were accidentally given large capacity magazines you should basically forget about it and enjoy the fruits of someone else's mistake.

-Gene

What if the magazine was shipped in from another state - should one not be worried about being charged with importation of a high cap mag?

Vin496
03-28-2009, 11:25 PM
What if the magazine was shipped in from another state - should one not be worried about being charged with importation of a high cap mag?

You didn't import the mag, the person who sent it did. Unless they can prove, that you specifically requested or tried to circumvent the law to obtain the hi cap. Then it's on the shipper(importer).

Possession of a high capacity mag is not illegal.

Now if you have a gun that was designed and introduced after 2000, and the manufacturer makes no 10 round mags(i.e. XDM) for it, then you may have a hard time proving you didn't have something to do with it, but a G19.

SirGlockALott
03-29-2009, 9:26 AM
Hummmm