PDA

View Full Version : Pistols with perm closed stock...

Frijolito1988
03-28-2009, 7:46 PM
I though about this a while ago, but then again it came up, I was thinking, If i build a Krinkov or uzi or any other rifle as a pistol ( either build from 80% or just buy a pistol receiver) can i put the stock that it came with ( if its retractable,foldable) in the rectracted or folded position where it would not be able to shoulder the weapon , but fix it permanently ? I always figured it would be nice to have the SBR look with a welded folded stock or underfolder... so i stumbled into this

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=132

MGS is selling a PPS43 pistol , retaining the stock BUT weldeding so it wont be able to open this is still considerd a pistol ..sooo what say ye ?

Possible for future PISTOL builds to have an SBR look ?

God Bless The Mauser
03-28-2009, 7:54 PM
Well if it's legal for other pistols then it would probably be legal for an AK pistol.

dfletcher
03-28-2009, 8:02 PM
I believe as soon as you put a shoulder stock on it, the pistol has become an SBR. The only exception I know of is the C & Rs and most of them - Inglis or Luger for example - run afoul of CA AW laws in that configuration. A Mauser 1896 with the original shoulder stock is the only shoulder stocked pistol I can think of that you'd be able to use as is in CA.

ke6guj
03-28-2009, 8:22 PM
I believe as soon as you put a shoulder stock on it, the pistol has become an SBR. .As mentioned above, the shoulder stock is not functional on that pistol. It is welded on and in the collapsed position. Since it is not functional, ATF has ruled that the firearm is a pistol, and not an SBR.

dfletcher
03-28-2009, 8:51 PM
As mentioned above, the shoulder stock is not functional on that pistol. It is welded on and in the collapsed position. Since it is not functional, ATF has ruled that the firearm is a pistol, and not an SBR.

Yep - oops, I thought as I just saw the title again. Darn Lagunitas. :rolleyes:

savageevo
03-28-2009, 10:34 PM
I was in a shop in arizona and saw an uzi with the stock permanently folded in. I asked if that was a pistol and they said yes because the stock was permanently locked on the folded position. So I can confirm from another state, if permanently fixed in the closed position atf has deemed it a pistol.