PDA

View Full Version : Confront the gun ban nuts with Obama's own words

bubbapug1
03-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Here is a letter I sent to the mayor, but I am also going to send it to every anti gun nut out there who is trying to cut into our rights...including Obama himself and his half wit Holder...can they not read their own speeches? Apparently not because they can't even read the bonus clause in the AIG loan papers!!!

As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our Founding Fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.

Obama's inauguration speech

A few things to ponder with your double standard on constitutional rights.

1. It's OK to take a hard line on constitutional rights when it comes to the questioning of enemy combatants or terrorists while pressing them for information which could reveal future terrorist plots and possibly save thousands of innocent lives?...Is that not the basis of our presidents speech?...or is it not?

His argument being, better to serve the ideals of our founding fathers than to begin down the slippery slope of erosion of our core values, laws, values, and ideals as spelled out in our constitution.

I can live with that...better to let some die than to lose our freedoms.

2, Its not OK to follow the 2nd amendment, the right to bear arms, because some idiots go off and kill people in spectacular, yet not mass killings like 9/11....what about the line "we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals." How does that square with banning a gun legal now, and legal 10 years ago, in California?

3. Gun laws cut down on violence...its not true and you know it. Strict gun laws do not lower crime rates. Right to carry laws however do...When the population is armed, criminals and tyrants are much more careful to trample upon the rights of others.

Mexico has very strict gun laws..and the criminals seem to have no problem obtaining guns. Oh...they all come from us? Yes, I see many RPG's in gun stores on a regular basis!

So which is it? Rights for terrorists who blatantly declare their intent to kill Americans...at any cost to our safety to preserve our sacred constitution...and gun laws to protect us from ourselves...and damn the constitution? Are you conflicted by this paradox? I am...I am also perplexed by your double standard.

And one last point Rep -----, if we do not have guns, who will protect us from demagogues like you who would ask us to give away our rights in direct opposition to President Obama's call for observation of our nations highest laws?

PonchoTA
03-27-2009, 10:34 PM
I'd change:
"criminals and tyrants are much more careful to trample upon the rights of others"

to:
"criminals and tyrants are much more careful and apt to think twice before trampling upon the rights of others"

Other than that, :thumbsup:

bubbapug1
03-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the edit change, but the mayors version has been sent already.