PDA

View Full Version : Legal Single Shot (For Pistol)

xLusi0n
03-27-2009, 10:04 PM
http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/switchblock/

You can switch it to the off position and it becomes single shot...would this legally make a pistol single shot? Not sure cause it's temporary.

ke6guj
03-27-2009, 10:11 PM
That would not make it a single-shot firearm. A single-shot firearm only holds one round of ammo at a time. Now, it would make it temporarily a manually-operated firearm, not a semi-auto.

xLusi0n
03-28-2009, 9:08 AM
I don't know how this post got into this section, I meant to post it in the 2A/Laws one.

I see what you're saying about the single shot thing.

Since this device makes it a non-semi auto (with the gas block off) then AW laws don't apply right?

You could play it safe and get the PRI low profile adjustable gas block and put it under the rails. That way you would need to take the rails off to to get to open back up the gas block.

Although I don't know what I would do with a manual AR-15, LOL.

ke6guj
03-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Personally, I wouldn't. That would be too easy for it to "accidentily" switched back over to semi-auto mode, and you'd be looking at an AW charge. If you could pin it somehow to be non-semi-auto, that might work.

Even the adjustable gas block could be adjusted. You'd need to make sure that you could not access the adjustment port (can it be adjusted completely closed off?) through a lighting hole in the rails.

If you are gonna do all this, why not just remove the gas tube and instead a solid rod into the gas block to plug off the gas port?