PDA

View Full Version : New Shooter from the Central Valley

Broken Finger
03-27-2009, 8:07 PM
I have been cruising this site for about three months now, thought it was time to sign in.

Never been more than just an occasional target shooter. I was mainly a handgunner until I lost the use of the ol' trigger finger (long story short: developed an infection in index finger joint, four operations and two years later I now have a plastic knuckle that works about 80% as well as the real thing). I decided to sell off most of the handguns and put a little more effort into rifle shooting.

F***'n Obama (I think that's his first name, that's what all my friends call him) helped convince me to purchase a new ss/wood 580 Mini 14 and a Rem 870 Tactical along with as much ammo as I can afford for all my firearms. Put the collecton in a new Winchester gun safe, stocked up on lots of new goodies for cleaning, storing and shooting. Then I joined the local sportsmans club and range and no I'm making plans to customize and accurize the Mini and the 870

I have tons of questions and hope the members can put up with another "newbie" asking a bunch of the same old questions. I hope to post some pics of the old and new arsenal soon.

CALGUNS IS A GREAT SITE!!!

Fjold
03-27-2009, 8:39 PM
Welcome.

I had a friend who had lost his right index finger at the knuckle and taught himself to shoot left handed.

spex
03-27-2009, 8:43 PM
Welcome Aboard, I'm from the Valley as well, Fresno to be exact! You'll find a lot of useful and interesting topics on this forum, take care.

Exiledviking
03-27-2009, 9:09 PM
Welcome!

Turbinator
03-30-2009, 3:25 PM
Welcome aboard, glad you're still into shooting despite your physical alteration.

Turby

greasemonkey
01-30-2010, 2:20 AM
BrokenFinger, are you still lurking amongst us?

rod
01-30-2010, 3:31 PM
Welcome to Calguns