PDA

View Full Version : ppt transfer question

jphaxx
03-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks in advance guys... I know if you buy new its only 1 handgun per 30days, but ppt is exempt right?

bwiese
03-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks in advance guys... I know if you buy new its only 1 handgun per 30days, but ppt is exempt right?

Correct...

Multiple PPT purchases can happen per month, without restriction.

One or more PPT purchases will not restrict/cancel your "1 dealer-inventory handgun a month" (non-PPT) limit.

BTW, it's not really "new", it's whether or not the handgun is in dealer inventory.

If a dealer has a used gun on the shelf as part of his inventory (and not a consignment gun - and obviously it has to be Rostered to be sold to you) and you buy it, that would NOT be a PPT. That would burn up your "1 gun a month" limit.

If you buy more than 1 handgun in a day? week? (don't have exact # at hand) the FFL will have to fill out ATF multiple handgun sale form.

The FFL may be called back by ATF to see if the buyer is OK - this happened to me when I'd purchased two consignment guns last year within about a week of each other.

jphaxx
03-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Hmm... ok thanks... I had a gun in dros and i pulled it out of the dros becuase the other party changed their mind about the trade. I dros'ed it on the 19th pulled it out on 22nd and im going to dros it again does that still count as 2 in a week?