PDA

View Full Version : Update: New Assault Weapons Ban

neomentat
03-27-2009, 8:33 AM
Just read this news article this morning and it's very insightful to the Obama administration's intent.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/27/MN4D16MVF0.DTL

The following are some quotes from the article which shed light on what's to come:

During last fall's campaign, Obama said he wanted to reinstate the ban, and last month Attorney General Eric Holder acknowledged that it remains part of the administration's agenda.

With the pain of Oakland's fatal shootings still fresh, Feinstein declined to comment directly on plans to renew her long-running quest for a new ban on the sale of assault weapons. But Gil Duran, a spokesman for the senator, said Feinstein is preparing a new bill.

"I am prepared to wage the assault weapons battle again and I intend to do so," Feinstein said in a speech to the Senate last month. "I have been quiet about this because there are many other pressing needs of this nation. But with the help of the president, the administration and the people of this great country, we do need to fight back."

Soldier415
03-27-2009, 8:55 AM
I just threw up into my mouth a little bit

CowboyShooter
03-27-2009, 9:10 AM
time to fire up the fax/email/phone to my illustrious Senator's office...:puke:

...again :mad:

....for all of the good it will do

... "a government of the people, by the people and for the people"... really?

:banghead:

otteray
03-27-2009, 9:29 AM
"It would bolster California's gun laws if the federal government adopted legislation similar to what California has enacted," said state Attorney General Jerry Brown.

(from http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MN4D16MVF0.DTL)

I am sorry to see him say that.
I had somewhat lukewarmly envisioned him as the next Gov., but that statement pretty much dashed it all for me.
While he may not enact them, I now have a harder time seeing him vetoing anti-gun bills.

rrr70
03-27-2009, 9:32 AM
LOL at all the people here who was saying it's not gonna happen.:rolleyes:

bill104
03-27-2009, 9:34 AM
Lucky me, I only own a long rifle, With a BB installed.

Gator Monroe
03-27-2009, 9:36 AM
LOL at all the people here who was saying it's not gonna happen.:rolleyes:

One of them should be forced to GIVE me a lower if mine does not "beat the clock" from Freakshow CGN group bUY !:mad:

hoozaru
03-27-2009, 9:43 AM
I think their priority should be our crappy economy and job market.
At time like this, you want the people to buy stuff, not preventing them from buying more.
It's the economy, stupid!!

scr83jp
03-27-2009, 9:47 AM
"It would bolster California's gun laws if the federal government adopted legislation similar to what California has enacted," said state Attorney General Jerry Brown.

I had somewhat lukewarmly envisioned him as the next Gov., but that statement pretty much dashed it all for me.
While he may not enact them, I now have a harder time seeing him vetoing anti-gun bills. Very typical moonbeam comments that we had to endure when he was governor,no friend of gun owners was always lockstep with all of the antis!

AaronHorrocks
03-27-2009, 9:51 AM
...we do need to fight back.

Fight back against... us? :eek:

bwiese
03-27-2009, 9:52 AM
Please read thru the politics of this. JB needed to make a pretty statement during a high-drama news time.

yellowfin
03-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Or he could have made a stand for us.

lioneaglegriffin
03-27-2009, 1:39 PM
Or he could have made a stand for us.

would you rather have a closet pro-gunnie or a open one who has a snowballs chance.

AaronHorrocks
03-27-2009, 2:35 PM
Open. Hiding your true colors is far to common, and a problem with these people.

bwiese
03-27-2009, 2:42 PM
would you rather have a closet pro-gunnie or a open one who has a snowballs chance.

Yeah some people just don't get it.

They want their candidates to walk down the street with an AK so they can lose.

lioneaglegriffin
03-27-2009, 3:16 PM
Yeah some people just don't get it.

They want their candidates to walk down the street with an AK so they can lose.

i accept the politics of today can be a lot of cloak and dagger. So long as their body of work its agreeable, not they crap they say to apease the masses.

SmokinMr2
03-27-2009, 3:31 PM
Please read thru the politics of this. JB needed to make a pretty statement during a high-drama news time.

I've never understood why some folks think this guy is pro gun...not even a little.

RobG
03-27-2009, 4:44 PM
Again, more assinine statements spewed from the mouths of idiots. Heres a question; Is OPD or anyone looking in to finding and prosecuting the one responsible for selling the weapons to said felon? Didn't think so. Its a feel good measure in where no one really has to DO anything. Even OPD will b^&%h and whine about the weapons used to kill their officers but really, are they attempting to locate said weapons provider? Its easier to sit in a chair and pass ineffective bills than it is to actually ENFORCE the hundreds of existing laws CA currently has.

Librarian
03-27-2009, 5:30 PM

The problem is, how do you distinguish a closeted gun supporter from an anti?

If, to survive, one has to mouth the anti-gun platitudes of the true anti, the anti side gets the public support it needs.

I had the same problem the first time Torlakson ran against Dick Rainey; Rainey had to keep moderating his generally pro-gun, if rather weak, positions because of Torlakson pressure.

I finally wrote Rainey, saying I understood the problem for him, but that it created a problem for me: what do you really believe?

lioneaglegriffin
03-27-2009, 5:49 PM
The problem is, how do you distinguish a closeted gun supporter from an anti?

If, to survive, one has to mouth the anti-gun platitudes of the true anti, the anti side gets the public support it needs.

I had the same problem the first time Torlakson ran against Dick Rainey; Rainey had to keep moderating his generally pro-gun, if rather weak, positions because of Torlakson pressure.

I finally wrote Rainey, saying I understood the problem for him, but that it created a problem for me: what do you really believe?

like a said body of work.

Pres. Obama's body of work looks horrible but he tries to calm gun owners fears. it works both ways.

motorhead
03-28-2009, 7:47 AM
just a reminder that the sea hag never sleeps. she won't be content until every ebr has been eliminated and every illegal has a greencard. if anyone voted for this evil pos, the only honorable thing for you is suicide.

tankerman
03-28-2009, 7:57 AM
Reactionary crap from politicians is always poorly thought out and always harmful.

BigDogatPlay
03-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Brown's comments in the immediate afterburn of the OPD killings were all about what they should be... the crappy state of probation, parole and incarceration of violent felon in this state.

Now with a few days passed, and after sharing the stage with a communist (Ron Dellums) and two of the most stridently anti-gunners in the Senate (one of whom he might have to run against in the primary next year) he said pretty much what he had to say.

The way to counter Feinstein is to throw Chuck Michel's words back in her face over and over and over again... California has had an AWB above and beyond her now lapsed federal ban for going on 20 years. It did not prevent the killings. So just exactly how would new, even stricter laws that infringe law abiding citizens make a difference?

We need to start planting our people in her town hall meetings and Q & A sessions each and every time she shows her face. Respectful questions, in a public forum, must be answered by her.

Sleepy1988
03-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Fight back against... us? :eek:

Certain politicans feel the need to fight against their constituents.

Blackhawk556
03-28-2009, 1:12 PM
I just threw up into my mouth a little bit

LOL :D :eek:like that???

cousinkix1953
03-29-2009, 6:47 AM

While he may not enact them, I now have a harder time seeing him vetoing anti-gun bills.
Jerry Brown is full of s--- just like any other corrupt politician. Alan Gottlieb and the CCRKBA used to be the biggest advertiser on Moonbeam's syndicated talk show in the 90s. Some of the stations (KSTE, KSRO, KSCO etc) which carried "We the People" must have old air tapes in their vaults. The Kommiefornia attorney general can be heard mocking both the 1989 Roos-Roberti AWB and the Climton 1994 AWB on the air. He damned the BATFE agents for the Ruby Ridge and Waco shootouts - using radical malitia group rhetoric, that makes rep. John Dingell's "jack booted thugs" speech look tame.

Will some of these bombshells be used in political ads if this flip-flopping wacko runs for governor?