PDA

View Full Version : Risk in Making Voice Heard?

Phil3
03-26-2009, 9:47 PM
I am beginning to e-mail, fax, mail, phone, etc., representatives and anti-gun groups about my opposition to ridiculous and ineffectual gun control laws. My question is do you think there is any risk to me, by identifying myself? By that I mean, my name becoming known to some potentially abusive government authority, where the next thing I know they are knocking on my door, exploring gun purchase records, etc. It is scary to think I even have a fear of such a thing from MY government!

- Phil

Swiss
03-26-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm not that worried but it has occurred to me just recently that they could easily find out where I'm employed and make life difficult for my employer (kill a project by talking to the right politicians, etc.). They'd never have to say why, just that it's a bad fit or they've heard things.

Ehh...maybe that's even too paranoid.

SubstanceP
03-26-2009, 10:53 PM
It is scary to think I even have a fear of such a thing from MY government!

- Phil

:thumbsup: You have hit the head of the nail. Many millions of us fear the gubment the way you do Phil.

DDT
03-26-2009, 11:18 PM
contacting public officials is a great idea and they won't come after you (assuming you don't make any threats.) I would be more worried that someone at work may find out and turn your work into a hostile environment, or even "turn you in" for some made up gun law violation.

Contacting the anti-gun groups is a waste and borders on a REALLY BAD idea. Do you really think that random antis contacting NRA is going to do anything?

MikeinnLA
03-26-2009, 11:29 PM
I would make sure my taxes were in order.

professorhard
03-26-2009, 11:30 PM
It's a sad thing that many citizens are afraid of a government which is suposed to exist for their benefit

squishyhead
03-26-2009, 11:43 PM
What the hell, I think you should say whatever you feel like saying. We all own/shoot guns because we're pro-choice when it comes to excercising our 2nd Amendment rights. Nothing says we can't diversify and excercise the others as well!

FreedomIsNotFree
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
I have a larger fear of not making my voice heard.