PDA

View Full Version : I fix Xbox 360's

Arteel
03-26-2009, 8:46 PM
Since my unemployment, I have managed to make a small income from fixing xbox's in the last 6 months. My work is gauranteed for 2 months. What I repair is the infamous 3 red rings. I usually repair locally, but if someone needs a console fix and is willing to pay for shipping on top of the 35.00 I charge (I usually charge 40, but my fellow calgunners get a discount), send me a pm. If I cant fix, you dont pay.

Make sure you are no longer covered under warranty before getting it repaired or it will be voided!

DREADNOUGHT78
03-26-2009, 9:02 PM
I know my nephews XBox fell victem to the RED RING OF DEATH I will ask him if he wants it fixed and get back to you!

Plisk
03-26-2009, 9:09 PM
I know my nephews XBox fell victem to the RED RING OF DEATH I will ask him if he wants it fixed and get back to you!

Microsoft has an extended warrenty for Red Ringed xboxs. It's free to send it in and get repaired, but its usually gone for a few weeks. :(
I don't mean to take business away from the OP, but doesn't opening an Xbox to repair it void its warrenty?

knuckled
03-26-2009, 9:23 PM
Microsoft has an extended warrenty for Red Ringed xboxs. It's free to send it in and get repaired, but its usually gone for a few weeks. :(
I don't mean to take business away from the OP, but doesn't opening an Xbox to repair it void its warrenty?

There are a couple reasons why someone might want this service.
Some people have an xbox that has been opened already so their warranty is void. Also if you buy it used the warranty doesn't transfer to the second owner.

Good luck with your business OP!

Arteel
03-26-2009, 11:06 PM
That is correct. If you still have the warranty, I would advise you to just take it to microsoft since they do it for free as long as you are willing to deal with the down time. If the seal is broken, Micro$oft will not touch your console. They might if you pay their fee, but i'm not sure.

There are a couple reasons why someone might want this service.
Some people already have an xbox that has been opened already so their warranty is void. Also if you buy it used the warranty doesn't transfer to the second owner.

Good luck with your business OP!

GrizzAwoken
03-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Can you repair the Nintendo DS?

Arteel
03-27-2009, 12:14 AM
No sorry, I usually don't get my hands on anything else but 360's.

Can you repair the Nintendo DS?

cxr
03-27-2009, 7:25 AM
so if i buy an xbox from ebay that they say has the RROD it can be repaired?

i have seen a few cheap ones but did not want to trust buying them.

what words should i look for to stay awau from a xbox on ebay?

thanks

Arteel
03-27-2009, 9:13 AM
If you buy from ebay, make sure it only has the rrod and that the microsoft seal is intact. Otherwise DO NOT buy!

BigEd925
03-27-2009, 9:21 AM
PM sent I am in Concord and need a RROD fix

viras
03-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Do you fix this issue?

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/kb.aspx?ID=911111&lcid=1033&category=hardware

Specifically:

SYMPTOMS
When you use the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, you experience one of the following problems:

Four green lights flash continuously on the wireless controller.

The controller can turn on the XBox, but it seems that the Xbox doesn't recognize the controller...so the four green lights constantly spin...

Arteel
03-27-2009, 10:43 AM
I have a couple of consoles with the same problem. The only way I know of fixing the issue is to plug the controller into the console and than unplug it if you have the chord. I have a few if you need one.

mark2203
03-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I've torn my xbox apart a few times. Did the red ring of deal heat sink mod just a few weeks ago and added in a cool neon glowing high velocity fan. There are some cool cases you can upgrade to as well. It can be a little trickey to get the box apart and, if you don't feel comfortable around electronics, paying someone $35 to do it for you isn't a bad deal. Good luck with your business.

Arteel
03-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I got stuck on taking it apart my first time and gave up for a couple months. After your first few consoles, it gets embedded in your head. :thumbsup: for repairing it yourself!

I've torn my xbox apart a few times. Did the red ring of deal heat sink mod just a few weeks ago and added in a cool neon glowing high velocity fan. There are some cool cases you can upgrade to as well. It can be a little trickey to get the box apart and, if you don't feel comfortable around electronics, paying someone $35 to do it for you isn't a bad deal. Good luck with your business.

biscuitbarrel
03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
i have one that won't read disks. if its not under warranty i'll send it to you. good luck!

Maverick831
03-28-2009, 5:40 PM
So how's business been lately? lol

Arteel
03-28-2009, 7:27 PM
Pretty slow lately since I haven't updated my add on craigslist. I know I know I'm a procrastinator haha.

Shantel
04-01-2009, 2:10 PM
that you are (: just look at ur room love.

Arteel
05-26-2009, 9:57 PM
Bump.

Arteel
08-30-2009, 2:56 PM
Bump

ITZJT
09-10-2009, 2:11 PM
I got one that needs fixing...pm me your # I'll drop it off next time I'm in Sac......you wont need the HD or anything but the XBOX itself like Microsoft right?

Arteel
09-16-2009, 1:53 AM
Pm sent!

I got one that needs fixing...pm me your # I'll drop it off next time I'm in Sac......you wont need the HD or anything but the XBOX itself like Microsoft right?

doc1buc
09-16-2009, 9:12 AM
Tagged, I'll check my seal and if it is broke I will be PM''ing you. Thanks for the service!

Arteel
10-05-2009, 9:32 PM
Let me know! BTW since this economy is so f'ed, I'm lowering the price of the repair to 20 bucks.

Tagged, I'll check my seal and if it is broke I will be PM''ing you. Thanks for the service!