PDA

View Full Version : Just wrote my State Senator and State Assemblymember

5hundo
03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm already hearing smatterings of gun-control rhetoric that reminds me of the 1980s all over again, so I took the time to write my assemblyman and state senator. It was basically the same letter with minor changes but here is what I said:

Senator Oropeza,

In light of the horrible, recent events in Oakland, CA, where multiple Oakland Police Officers were slain by a career criminal, I felt it necessary to write you about my concerns, as a constituent in your district. As I'm sure you are well aware, an incident like this could happen anywhere, including your district. In recent times, starting back in what I remember to be around the 1980s, California has been "the Standard Bearer" for gun control in this country. Time, and time again, multiple regulations have been passed by the CA Assembly and the State Senate. It should be plainly obvious by the outcome of this event in Oakland (and others like it), that all of this advanced legislation, in regards to firearms is not working! These laws have been written by, lobbied by and advocated for, by people who know very little about firearms. In my observation, there is only one way to accomplish due diligence to ensure that events like the incident in Oakland, are kept to an absolute minimum. Mutual cooperation must exist between State Legislators and firearms experts if we are going to be able to prevent incidents like this from happening in the future. I implore you, Senator; please contact a representative of the California Rifle and Pistol Association (the CRPA). Through mutual cooperation, I know that the CRPA will help inform you and your fellow assemblymembers about the best possible solutions to help prevent incidents like this in the future. Current gun control legislation was intended to prevent horrible events like this. That legislation has failed us. Please do your best to see that it gets changed.

Please feel free to contact me by phone, or by e-mail if I can be of any assistance in regards to this issue. Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

chris
03-26-2009, 1:04 PM
nice letter. hopefully it is read and taken seriously.

5hundo
03-26-2009, 2:28 PM
nice letter. hopefully it is read and taken seriously.

I kinda doubt that...

...but it was worth a shot. ;)