PDA

View Full Version : Preferred type of shirt stay?

The Soup Nazi
03-22-2009, 6:01 PM
Just wondering, who here uses 4 traditional shirt stays criss crossing around your leg, the Y-shirt stays which hook to your shirt, and the ones that you just stick your feet through like a stirrup which hook to your shirt?

Just wanted to weigh the pros and cons of each since I'm considering ditching the regular ones that snap easily and try to slingshot you in the bean bag.

MrLogan
03-22-2009, 6:02 PM
Just wondering, who here uses 4 traditional shirt stays criss crossing around your leg, the Y-shirt stays which hook to your shirt, and the ones that you just stick your feet through like a stirrup which hook to your shirt?

Just wanted to weigh the pros and cons of each since I'm considering ditching the regular ones that snap easily and try to slingshot you in the bean bag.

I always used the stirrup-like shirt stays. Worked great for me, and kept the shirt nice and tucked in.

smokingloon
03-22-2009, 6:24 PM
I used the traditional ones and they wouldn't last long. I picked up the Y ones that loops around the foot and the metal clamp on the side would dig into my leg. I guess I could have wrapped them with tape. I like these better as they are less likely to become unhooked.

I have seen the ones that look like a belt and goes between your shirt and pants. Never knew anyone that used them but they sold them at cash sales.

4literranger485
03-23-2009, 7:04 AM
i use the traditional shirt stays that come in packs of 4, but i use an extra 2 on the sides. my shirt stays put!

Mason McDuffie
03-23-2009, 10:42 AM
I still have bald spots on the sides of my legs from the Y-shirts stays. But the worked for me after I got over the initial plucking of hairs. Plus through swimmer school they made it very specific which stays they wanted. Then when I moved over to flight suits it was nothing but board shorts or commando with a t-shirt that was probably left over from the day before. GO AIRCREW!!!

Tweak338
03-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I knew some guys that used 6 of the traditional shirt stays.
and wrapped them around their legs.
They also threw a quarter between each contact point, dunno why.
Made a nice tight shirt.

Mason McDuffie
03-23-2009, 2:08 PM
Made a nice tight shirt.

Marines? I ask because I was always curious how they kept their shirt so damn perfect. Very frustrating.

Tweak338
03-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Marines? I ask because I was always curious how they kept their shirt so damn perfect. Very frustrating.

Yup.

Mason McDuffie
03-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Yup.

Awesome. Well thanks for revealing your Jedi uniform tricks. I have logged them in my book. Thanks for serving man. You guys do a hard job and I appreciate it as a fellow service member.

redisputed
03-24-2009, 7:54 PM
Made a nice tight shirt.

The quarters keep them from coming loose and snapping your bean bag. Since that was the OPs problem, I would suggest trying that.

Tweak338
03-24-2009, 8:57 PM
The quarters keep them from coming loose and snapping your bean bag. Since that was the OPs problem, I would suggest trying that.

Yeah, thats right. I remember now.
Soup, Surprised your SDI didn't teach you that shiz in boot.
It was his Platoon that I learned that from.

QuarterBoreGunner
03-24-2009, 9:28 PM
I have no idea what y'all are talking about but it sounds cool.

1911su16b870
03-24-2009, 9:51 PM
Shirt stays are the spawn of evil...:(

Axewound
03-25-2009, 8:39 AM
i wore those for four years,over 6 years ago and still dont have my hair back

4literranger485
03-25-2009, 11:23 AM
:D i'm with axewound

i also think i have a permanent mark on my calf from blousing straps in ABU's