PDA

View Full Version : Quick reply doesn't work

Rascal
10-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, at least for me. I tried using the quick reply to a message and I could not type anything in the form. It also didn't send anything even if I just hit the send button. Just thought I would let you know.

PanzerAce
10-19-2005, 11:38 AM
click the paper and pen in the lower right of the msg, next to the quote, that activates the quick reply text box, on the other hand, I think you can also just go into prefs and always have it open (dont know for sure about that though, some forums allow it, others really dont)

/geek

Rascal
10-19-2005, 12:18 PM
click the paper and pen in the lower right of the msg, next to the quote, that activates the quick reply text box, on the other hand, I think you can also just go into prefs and always have it open (dont know for sure about that though, some forums allow it, others really dont)

/geek
What you are describing is the normal reply. What I am talking about is the Quick reply box at the bottom of the page. You should be able to write in that box and just hit send. This funtction does not work.

Inoxmark
10-19-2005, 1:38 PM
Hover your mouse over the button next to "Quote" button, you will see tooltip "Quick reply to this message". Click the button. Quick reply textbox on the bottom of the page will become active. Type your reply and hit "Post Quick Reply".

That's what I just did.

Rascal
10-19-2005, 1:57 PM
OOOOOH! I see what you and Panzerace are talking about. Thanks!
This must be a new feature, because all the other boards that I go to, you can just start typing in the quick reply box and just hit send. Now you have to hit the quick reply button to use the quick reply box. OTAY! got it!

pogo
10-20-2005, 8:05 AM
Hover your mouse over the button next to "Quote" button, you will see tooltip "Quick reply to this message". Click the button. Quick reply textbox on the bottom of the page will become active. Type your reply and hit "Post Quick Reply". That's what I just did.

For me clicking either the "Quote" or the "Quick Reply" button next to it brings up the same exact new page with the same URL and the same quoted text.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1031

Both buttons do the same thing for me. It's not a quick reply or different function than "Quote" at all, at least with my Mac IE5 browser, maybe it works differently with other browsers. Anyway it's not a quick reply, but it's not a problem either, I'm just happy to have the board back after a week without it.