View Full Version : Need help with a Yamaha 600 and some fiberglass body work in San Diego/Mira Mesa.

03-19-2009, 3:00 PM
Hey all,

I have a YZF 600R that's been sitting for awhile. It's in overall decent shape, but I'd like to the advice and/or assistance of someone with some practical hands on with bikes, or pay someone to get it back in running shape.

I have a few years of schooling in auto technology at Palomar and have turned wrenches on my own cars, but bikes are still a bit of a puzzle to me. I'd be happy if someone with the know how would look over my shoulder and tell me when I'm screwing up, but I know time is money.

The other part is on a Miata with a fiberglass Racing Beat nose. It has a few chips and cracks. I'd like to get them fixed, and get a minor tear in a window zipper fixed on the soft top so I can put it in the Trader and sell it off, as I don't drive it anymore.

Best way to contact me is via PM or email through Calguns, and we can trade phone numbers from there.

03-19-2009, 6:10 PM
Whats wrong with the bike? what year? I have a few kawi's I have worked on ( simple stuff - no internal engine breakdown) and maybe I can help.
Probably most cost effective way is R6.net or similar. Those places are very helpful. I am a member of kawiforums.com and they will help with general bike related but anything R6 specific might be a problem.

03-19-2009, 10:33 PM
mainly cleaning out the carbs on the Yamaha. It's a 97 with maybe 12K on it. I tried to get it in running order 9 months ago, so it has new oil, filter and plugs. That and a little cosmetic work.