PDA

View Full Version : Gun Advocates Ready for Battle on Federal Assault Weapons Ban

caiman
03-17-2009, 4:11 PM

squishyhead
03-17-2009, 5:12 PM
Good article. I'm glad to see some very well spoken individuals getting our message out and directly refuting the idiocy that Washington is overflowing with.

calnurse
03-17-2009, 5:40 PM
let's get ready to rumble holder!!!!!:19:

Bizcuits
03-17-2009, 6:23 PM
Makes me miss Heston :(

rabagley
03-17-2009, 7:11 PM
Too bad there was no mention in the article that

1) Even if the 7700 number is correct, 7700 of all legal guns sales in the US is a tiny percentage.

2) The fully automatic weapons, grenades, rocket launchers, etc. are coming from Central America, not from the US. The AR is yesterday's drug weapon, and the Mexican police would be thrilled if that's what the drug cartel's were fielding against them.

JoeC
03-17-2009, 7:21 PM
Along with measures such as targeting Texas, Arizona and California -- the three primary states where firearms are illegally smuggled into Mexico -- Diaz called for the implementation of an "effective" federal assault weapons ban modeled on a bill introduced in 2007 by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y.
Funny, CA already has an AW ban and yet these so called 'military assault weapons' are coming from CA too? I suppose you could argue that the CA ban isn't working to stem violence in Mexico, so how can a nation wide ban on these weapons help stem violence? They'll just go to South America, which they probably already do.

I guess this sums it up nicely for me.

Paton cited Mexico's far stricter gun laws as proof that new domestic laws in the United States won't deter criminals intent on trafficking arms.

"It's not going to solve the problem you have with M-16s and AK-47s; they're already banned and they're already going into Mexico at a feverish pace," Paton told FOXNews.com. "The day they start taking their border security as serious as we do, Mexico will cut down tremendously on its amount of guns."