PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to Calguns.net!! Hello!!

Shantel
03-16-2009, 1:54 PM
Hi girls, I'm new to Calguns.net and I'm just trying to network and figure this forum out (: the boyfriend has been on Calguns for awhile now and talked me into joining. It seems like something I would be interested in and I have experience with some rifles and pistols but I'm still a rookie (:

Steyrlp10
03-16-2009, 3:42 PM
Welcome -- have fun!

Bill of Ojai
03-16-2009, 3:51 PM
Welcome, Shantel! Lots of good peeps here and great info.

JeffM
03-16-2009, 3:55 PM
:useless:

Someone had to do it :D

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Shantel
03-16-2009, 4:32 PM
:useless:

Someone had to do it :D

Welcome to the forum by the way!

JeffM: made my smile go away for a second! hahaha, thanks for the warm welcoming! (:

and thank you to everyone else!

movie zombie
03-16-2009, 5:09 PM
are you in northern, central, or southern california? although i guess we do have out of state members.......

welcome!

mz

Shantel
03-16-2009, 5:33 PM
I was born and raised in central California (Monterey Bay). I'm currently a little further north, but I travel to Monterey quite often. I noticed you are from Santa Cruz? That's not too far from where I used to live, only about 20 minutes.

ivanimal
03-16-2009, 7:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, your boy friend is a smart man.:43:

I hope we can help answer ant questions you have.

vinny_land
03-16-2009, 7:46 PM
Welcome to CGN!!!

Shantel
03-17-2009, 1:10 AM
Thanks everyone (:

Quiet
03-17-2009, 2:57 AM
http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/welcome.gif

wildhawker
03-17-2009, 7:17 AM
Welcome to the internet's closest online community :D

elrcastor
03-17-2009, 8:12 AM
http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/welcome.gif

Angie
03-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Welcome :)

geeknow
03-17-2009, 10:17 AM
welcome to calguns!!

hope you enjoy it here. i think that you will find it is much like a family ought to be, lot's of fun, a little bit rowdy at times, and everyone genuinely looking out for one another.

again, welcome.

movie zombie
03-17-2009, 10:37 AM
I was born and raised in central California (Monterey Bay). I'm currently a little further north, but I travel to Monterey quite often. I noticed you are from Santa Cruz? That's not too far from where I used to live, only about 20 minutes.

i'm in the santa cruz mountains.....about 40 minutes from scruz.

mz

586L-Frame
03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi Shantel,
Welcome to the forum.
Is your BF's name Canyon by chance?
Do you own a XD.

586L-Frame

Shantel
03-17-2009, 1:35 PM
Hi, and thank you. and No, my boyfriend isnt Canyon.
its Arteeel.. and nope no XD ):
I'm trying to get a Sig P229.

Hi Shantel,
Welcome to the forum.
Is your BF's name Canyon by chance?
Do you own a XD.

586L-Frame

tmuller
03-17-2009, 1:44 PM
Welcome...

Nice choice on the Sig, I love my 220. My wife is originally from Monterey...beautiful area.

movie zombie
03-17-2009, 2:36 PM
sig-sauwer p229 was one i considered but i bought CenterX's Colt Officers Mark IV .45 acp instead. i didn't have an opportunity to shoot the p229 and as this was the first semi-auto i was buying, i didn't want to buy anything unless i had shot it already. of course, i still have my stable of revolvers!

hope you get your p229 soon!

mz

586L-Frame
03-17-2009, 4:19 PM
Hi Shantel,
Sigs are nice.
I love my P220 Stainless and P220 Combat.

586L-Frame

DLC’s SIG P220 Stainless .45acp.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/dlchan/DSC09582-DLCsSigP220Stainless45acp.jpg

DLC’s Sig P220 Combat with Black Factory Slim Grips.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/dlchan/DSC09847.jpg

x

movie zombie
03-17-2009, 4:59 PM
586L-frame, do you have at least one of everything?!

mz

586L-Frame
03-17-2009, 5:52 PM
Hi Mz,
That's funny.
Stay safe, and have a nice one.
586L-Frame

5150Marcelo
03-17-2009, 5:53 PM
Welcome. Enjoy your stay!

415glockgirly
03-23-2009, 11:34 AM
HI! I am also new to Calguns. My husband got me interested in guns. I now own my own Glock 19 and shoot at Bullseye in Marin County. Any other ladies from Northern California?

Steyrlp10
03-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Welcome and hello!

I'm in the Northbay and shoot Bullseye although the indoor range at Vacaville is just as close. I prefer the people who run Bullseye.

You may be interested in shooting the Brad Moody Memorial Match. The one last year was lots of fun -- and for a great cause.

Have fun shooting!

1lostinspace
03-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Well hello and welcome!

415glockgirly
03-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I enjoy the people who work at Bullseye too! Couldn't be a better group.

technique
03-23-2009, 7:28 PM
Hola:cool:

glockwise2000
03-23-2009, 11:45 PM
+1 for the BF who brought you here.

You will find that this site would be very helpful.:)

PinkStock
03-24-2009, 4:22 PM
Welcome Shantel,

I'm in the South Bay (San Jose) and joined at the suggestion of my husband.

I love my Sigs too (226 & 220). Have fun here!!

-Carminia

Shantel
03-29-2009, 9:15 PM
HAHA, mos def +1 to him. (:
thanks so much! I'm learning a lot of new things I didnt know before.

+1 for the BF who brought you here.

You will find that this site would be very helpful.:)

Shantel
03-29-2009, 9:17 PM
Sweet! I want a Sig so bad!! but $900.00 right now I feel could wait lol.. I'm in Northern California right now. Sacramento area.

Welcome Shantel,

I'm in the South Bay (San Jose) and joined at the suggestion of my husband.

I love my Sigs too (226 & 220). Have fun here!!

-Carminia

Thankyou for all the posts and warm welcomings from everyone! very much appreciated!

Stormfeather
04-08-2009, 4:17 PM
Welcome to CGN Shantel! I noticed some of your posts before, but hadnt gotten over to this forum in a while! Welcome to Calguns, its not only a forum, its a family!

CLUTCH
04-11-2009, 4:07 PM
hey you! u know i just realized i owe u 5 buks. lol

KylaGWolf
04-12-2009, 8:46 PM
Shantel welcome to Calguns. I used to live in north cali around the Travis AFB area and now way down in San Diego. I used to go to Santa Cruz all the time. I sometimese miss it but I don't miss the hotter than hell summers.

247Nino
06-02-2009, 3:46 AM
I'm trying to get a Sig P229.

Hi Shantel,
Welcome to Calguns
is that your pink s13?
I have a two tone P229 with pretty rosewood grips with 40 and a 9 barrel,
let me drift and I let you shoot :cool2:

CLUTCH
06-18-2009, 3:03 PM
hey you! u know i just realized i owe u 5 buks. lol

its been awhile so i guess ill juss keep it then! ima buy my self a burrito!:D

Arteel
06-20-2009, 12:06 PM
What's hers is mine, sooo I'll just take that 5 bucks. :D

its been awhile so i guess ill juss keep it then! ima buy my self a burrito!:D

CLUTCH
06-20-2009, 3:25 PM

HAHA

Captain Evilstomper
06-20-2009, 4:00 PM
how you doin? :)

Shantel
07-07-2009, 1:10 PM

EXCUSE ME?! hahahah.. why do you owe me 5bucks?! since when?!

and whats yours is MINE (: LOOOVE it

Shantel
07-07-2009, 1:11 PM
Hi Shantel,
Welcome to Calguns
is that your pink s13?
I have a two tone P229 with pretty rosewood grips with 40 and a 9 barrel,
let me drift and I let you shoot :cool2:

haha! so you drift?

Pikachu711
07-28-2009, 2:55 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member as of today. I live in Las Vegas, NV where OC & CC is legal. I have a CC permit here in Nevada. I discovered your group from a link in another gun forum (defensivecarry.com) that included a link to an article in "Reader" magazine. This was the link that was about the open carry laws of in incorporated parts of California. I enjoyed that article very much. Until I read that article I almost gave up on the thought of carrying a firearm in my favorite vacation location of San Diego, CA. Now I'm rethinking about OC'ing while I'm on vacation later this year in your beautiful city.

I look forward to reading about the various subjects that are listed in this forum.

pullnshoot25
07-28-2009, 8:49 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member as of today. I live in Las Vegas, NV where OC & CC is legal. I have a CC permit here in Nevada. I discovered your group from a link in another gun forum (defensivecarry.com) that included a link to an article in "Reader" magazine. This was the link that was about the open carry laws of in incorporated parts of California. I enjoyed that article very much. Until I read that article I almost gave up on the thought of carrying a firearm in my favorite vacation location of San Diego, CA. Now I'm rethinking about OC'ing while I'm on vacation later this year in your beautiful city.

I look forward to reading about the various subjects that are listed in this forum.

And everyone bashed me for doing that interview. Crikey!

Welcome aboard, ma'am!

247Nino
10-05-2010, 9:26 AM
haha! so you drift?

Over a year late...

yes I drift but my cars are sold... hit too many things, went through too many tires, oops.

onequickshift
10-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Over a year late...

yes I drift but my cars are sold... hit too many things, went through too many tires, oops.

Hahahaha, thats the nature of the game. I use my 13s, 14s, my FCs, an FD, and my bf's 15. But haven't been sliding for a while, to many bandwagon drift kids, and don't want media of vehicles circulating on net. Ok, and tires and other upkeep is damn expensive now.

You ganna go to Oct 8/9 Irwindale? Formula Drift? Its always nice to just walk around and see what cars are on display, and watch a few professional runs.

247Nino
10-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Hahahaha, thats the nature of the game. I use my 13s, 14s, my FCs, an FD, and my bf's 15. But haven't been sliding for a while, to many bandwagon drift kids, and don't want media of vehicles circulating on net. Ok, and tires and other upkeep is damn expensive now.

You ganna go to Oct 8/9 Irwindale? Formula Drift? Its always nice to just walk around and see what cars are on display, and watch a few professional runs.

Actually I haven't been out there in so long. I shot for Formula D and D1 for a while but I've stayed out of FR cars since I had my baby boy.
BTW are you on NCD?

Since then its just been off roading the capable little family ride CR-V and the GF's Highlander Hybrid... I get her's stuck in the snow and mine stuck on rocks and boulders.

onequickshift
10-05-2010, 3:31 PM
NCD?

Disarmed Marksman
10-05-2010, 4:11 PM
Welcome to the forum. Its a bit overwhelming at first. Most of the people are great. But remember that People's opinions are just that-opinions. People will often rant and rave about a firearm and either never shot it or never shot anything else. If you are interested in ever buying a firearm, please try it before you buy it if at all possible. For example I purchased a pistol based on reviews and opinions years ago. I ordered it and was mortified to discover it had a 9 LB trigger pull. Ive been shooting my entire life and actually do finger workouts for competition. But after the 4th shot my finger and hand are so exhausted and shaking so badly, I can't hit a thing. It's now a $450 paperweight in my safe. And a very expensive Lesson. In Southern Cal in the first weekend of June, there is a gun show where the makers come out and you can try hundreds of guns in a day.
But there is a wealth of information on CalGuns. If you need info or contacts it is a great place. Feel free to contact me whenever. Tho my response times r slow :-(

onequickshift
10-05-2010, 4:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. Its a bit overwhelming at first. Most of the people are great. But remember that People's opinions are just that-opinions. People will often rant and rave about a firearm and either never shot it or never shot anything else. If you are interested in ever buying a firearm, please try it before you buy it if at all possible. For example I purchased a pistol based on reviews and opinions years ago. I ordered it and was mortified to discover it had a 9 LB trigger pull. Ive been shooting my entire life and actually do finger workouts for competition. But after the 4th shot my finger and hand are so exhausted and shaking so badly, I can't hit a thing. It's now a $450 paperweight in my safe. And a very expensive Lesson. In Southern Cal in the first weekend of June, there is a gun show where the makers come out and you can try hundreds of guns in a day.
But there is a wealth of information on CalGuns. If you need info or contacts it is a great place. Feel free to contact me whenever. Tho my response times r slow :-(

You mean the one at the OC fair grounds? O:]

bak
10-07-2010, 4:48 PM
welcome to the CGN! all questions are good questions.

B

BayAreaShooter
10-07-2010, 7:38 PM
WELCOME :gura:

Sajedene
10-07-2010, 8:16 PM
I was going to say welcome but this thread was dated 2009!

Should I say welcome back?

PatriotnMore
10-08-2010, 9:14 AM

Raahauge's in Corona has their yearly Shooting fair around June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G97QeErkEWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhRcJ6riWMQ