PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Doesn't Lock Open On Last Round

jkchan83
03-16-2009, 1:52 PM
I recently purchased a 16" Mid-Length Addax GPU. Recently, I have noticed that the bolt does not lock open after the last round fired. If I then pull the charging handle, it locks back on the empty magazine.

In case you need the info: I am running a standard weight carbine buffer & spring. My magazine is a 10/20 PMAG. I have noticed this with 2 different magazines (both of which lock open if I use the charging handle). My gas system is set to open.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Addax
03-16-2009, 5:08 PM
I recently purchased a 16" Mid-Length Addax GPU. Recently, I have noticed that the bolt does not lock open after the last round fired. If I then pull the charging handle, it locks back on the empty magazine.

In case you need the info: I am running a standard weight carbine buffer & spring. My magazine is a 10/20 PMAG. I have noticed this with 2 different magazines (both of which lock open if I use the charging handle). My gas system is set to open.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please give me a call to discuss.

Thank you,
Chris
818-886-5008

jkchan83
03-20-2009, 1:22 PM
Chris,

Thanks for talking with me on the phone. I finally got a chance to go to the range and try out your suggestions. The problem seems to have been fixed. :)

Based on what we talked about, I tried the following:

- Lubricating the buffer spring

- Shooting different ammo (I was using 62gr. PRVI)
I tried Remington 55gr. Wal-Mart Value Pack, 62gr. Ammo Bros. reloads, and 62gr. M855 ball.

- Using a USGI magazine (green follower) instead of the PMAG

On the latest range trip, all of the ammo listed above locked back the bolt in both the USGI magazine and the PMAG. So, it could have been the PRVI ammo or the lack of lubrication on the buffer spring. Of course, I forgot to bring some of the PRVI along with me to test. I will follow up on that as soon as I get more range time.

Thanks again for the great customer service. My Addax GPU rocks and I have gotten plenty of compliments so far.

Addax
03-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Chris,

Thanks for talking with me on the phone. I finally got a chance to go to the range and try out your suggestions. The problem seems to have been fixed. :)

Based on what we talked about, I tried the following:

- Lubricating the buffer spring

- Shooting different ammo (I was using 62gr. PRVI)
I tried Remington 55gr. Wal-Mart Value Pack, 62gr. Ammo Bros. reloads, and 62gr. M855 ball.

- Using a USGI magazine (green follower) instead of the PMAG

On the latest range trip, all of the ammo listed above locked back the bolt in both the USGI magazine and the PMAG. So, it could have been the PRVI ammo or the lack of lubrication on the buffer spring. Of course, I forgot to bring some of the PRVI along with me to test. I will follow up on that as soon as I get more range time.

Thanks again for the great customer service. My Addax GPU rocks and I have gotten plenty of compliments so far.

Thank you for the follow up.:thumbsup:

Please keep me posted on trying out the PRVI ammo again.

jkchan83
03-23-2009, 1:10 PM
Well, it looks like the problem was with lubricating the buffer spring. I was able to shoot the PRVI this morning and it worked fine, locking back on an empty magazine.

Glad to see that the problem is solved.

Addax
03-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Well, it looks like the problem was with lubricating the buffer spring. I was able to shoot the PRVI this morning and it worked fine, locking back on an empty magazine.

Glad to see that the problem is solved.

Excellent.:thumbsup:

Have fun with your GPU.