PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Remington Rand m1911-A1 1944 prod.

5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
03-16-2009, 1:05 PM
Ok So I have been wanting to pick up a Rand for a while. I found one on gunbroker that I liked. I emailed the guy back and forth and he told me that it was all original and I ended up buying it. When I got it home an thoroughly inspected it I found that it was not all original as described. The right grip was not original to the gun and neither was the slide stop. Is there any recorse with gun broker to get this resolved if the seller isnt cooperating with me since the gun was not as described? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Evan

Gunaria
03-16-2009, 1:23 PM
There should have been a three day inspection period.

5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
03-16-2009, 1:25 PM
no inspection period

5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
03-16-2009, 1:26 PM
he told me this before i bought it but he also assured me it was all original

ajaffe
03-16-2009, 1:47 PM
How did you pay? I would suggest putting a hold or stop payment on whatever method you used and encourage the seller to work with you.

Flintlock Tom
03-16-2009, 2:02 PM
Gunbroker provides protection against fraud. Read this information and follow the steps outlined.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/BuyerProtection.asp

5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
03-16-2009, 6:25 PM
that would be great but i paid $1480 that would only get me $400 back or do I get this just because it was not original like he said it was?

ysr_racer
03-16-2009, 6:43 PM
Maybe he didn't know? I wouldn't.

Electric Factory
03-16-2009, 7:05 PM
Boy, that's a tough call. Neither of the WWII vintage parts you mention- grip panels or slide stop are serialized or maker stamped [ sometimes you'll see a serial number penciled onto the inside of a grip panel but not very often], not to mention that WWII [plastic ] grip panels varied widely and were often swapped out even during period of use.

In fact, are you saying that the gip panel isn't original to the gun, or not correct for the period ?
Now if any of the major components- slide assembly,frame, hammer, trigger, bbl, back strap, sights weren't weren't correct vintage to the gun that would be a pretty big deal to me.