PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to know - MEXICO!

gravedigger
03-16-2009, 12:14 AM
It may sound weird, but not being one who visits the cesspool just south of the U.S. border more than once every ten years or so, I have to wonder if Mexico might be an option for ammo purchases.

I know you cannot bring a gun down there, but ... they DO own guns! I have never checked, ... are there places in Mexico where one can purchase ammunition?!? Maybe not Tijuana or Rosarito, but what about farther south ... or Calexico, or Juarez? I really do not know if ammo is sold down there!

Update:

I found the answer here.

LINK (http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/mexican-drug-cartels-binge-on-american-bullets/)

Eroland7
03-16-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm pretty sure it is illegal to import ammunition into the U.S. from another country. I believe you need to have an approved importation permit (Form 6) from the ATF. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

will227457
03-16-2009, 9:14 AM
they may own guns but ammunitation importation is illegal....

will227457
03-16-2009, 9:15 AM
oh and not all of mexico is a "cesspool" please refrain from generalzations

DMCA
03-16-2009, 9:42 AM
oh and not all of mexico is a "cesspool" please refrain from generalzations

The governance, the endemic corruption, the structure of power, unfortunately, render the country to a "cesspool" status.

That there are many wonderful inhabitants in Mexico is not in doubt, but the level and nature of the immigration speaks volumes about the place.

will227457
03-16-2009, 10:11 AM
The governance, the endemic corruption, the structure of power, unfortunately, render the country to a "cesspool" status.

That there are many wonderful inhabitants in Mexico is not in doubt, but the level and nature of the immigration speaks volumes about the place.

nick
03-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Well, the article in the link seems to be full of crap.

BTW, the "Hispanic men" here clearing out Walmart shelves of the "military calibers", per that article you're buying it for the cartels down South. Just thought you might want to know.

Just wait, that'll turn out to be the official reasoning behind the DOD not selling brass to the remanufacturers. You know, so that "Hispanic men" can't buy it from the said manufacturers and sell it to the cartels.

Sam1
03-16-2009, 11:47 AM
you can only buy firearms and ammo from 2 places. 1. Mexicos department of defense(SEDENA) or 2. face to face private party purchase. If you buy a firearm ftf it has to be a legal caliber and you have to keep it at home for home defense only(you can open or conceal carry in small towns if you know the cops) and you have to register it. Ammo in Mexico is way over priced . .

Born2Lose
03-16-2009, 5:02 PM
I live in San Diego and my friend Kin lives in Ensenada. He says the police down there have to pay for their ammo and they have to account for any bullets they shoot. This probably leads to very little target practice and horrible aim on their part. When you have a cartel with endless money, guns, and ammo and you have police with Barney Fife level skills and weaponry the outcome is inevitable.

comandante costello
03-16-2009, 5:50 PM

Unfortunately, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Personally, I'd refrain from making such comments until I learned something about the country I was denigrating.

5150Marcelo
03-16-2009, 6:02 PM
I get my ammo from Pemex. Cheap and dirty, but iut works:p

G-Man WC
03-16-2009, 6:12 PM
You want nothing to do with either guns or ammo in Mexico if your a not living there or know the right bribe to drop. Your not treated near as freindly as our south of the border counter parts when they do something wrong in the US.