PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See Wreckreation Nation?

tkmech21
03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
There was an episode on Wreckreation Nation about Target shooting legal homemade explosives. One of the places the host went was somewhere in CA down by the border. I'm curious if the guy doing the explosives is a Calgunner. he was making half pound, 1 pound, and blew a car apart with a 5 pound charge. It looked like a lot of fun and got sparked my curiosity.

bombadillo
03-15-2009, 11:11 PM
No cable or satellite unfortunately.

Seesm
03-16-2009, 12:50 AM
"Super secret squirrel" and if we tell you well you know.... :)

eccvets
03-16-2009, 12:58 AM
tannerite anyone?

Stormfeather
03-16-2009, 2:15 AM
tannerite anyone?

sssssh! super-secret-squirrel remember?!?

ander
03-16-2009, 7:04 AM
+1 for more info.

Think I could do that out in the Mendo National Forrest?

caldude
03-16-2009, 12:13 PM
They had two people with explosives on that episode, the one in California, and another in North Carolina. In both cases, it looked like tannerite. The guy in NC made plastic baggies that he attached to trap clays, which would then blow up when hit. The other guy was in CA down near the Mexican border, that was mentioned above.

While it looked very fun, their gun safety wasn't great. Before they started, one of the guys did a 'safety talk'. Yet when they were getting ready to shoot the car with the 5lb load, there were two negligent discharges. Luckily the guns weren't pointing at anybody. Fingers off the trigger until ready people!

jkchan83
03-16-2009, 1:06 PM
My girlfriend and I watched that episode, too. She noticed the girl with the Mini-14 jumping up and down with her rifle after they blew up the car. While she was not one of the accidental discharges, that wasn't exactly safe either.

Also, they said they were "200 yards" away from the targets, but it definitely did not look like 200 yards (maybe to the car, but everything else was a lot closer). One of the explosions sent a large metal panel into the tree ABOVE the shooting table (Quote: "It's okay. Tree's got it.") and other pieces rolling back toward their position.

I wouldn't want to be shooting with these people. Shooting (and blowing up stuff) should be fun, but safety first!

+1 for more info.

Think I could do that out in the Mendo National Forrest?

I'm pretty sure that it is legal only on private property. (I think they mentioned it in the show.) I doubt any of the forest rangers would appreciate having to clean up whatever got blown up.

ivanimal
03-16-2009, 1:11 PM
They broke the #1 tannerite rule. Never, I repeat Never, put anything between you and the tannerite. I would not like shooting with them they were unsafe at best.

naimad
03-16-2009, 1:22 PM
They broke the #1 tannerite rule. Never, I repeat Never, put anything between you and the tannerite. I would not like shooting with them they were unsafe at best.

I agree i wouldnt want to be anywhere close to that group, very unsafe gun handling

Decoligny
03-16-2009, 2:01 PM
I saw the episode last night where they were doing "Cowboy Shooting". They had to shoot a pistol, a shotgun, and a rifle, and hit a certain number of targets in the fastest time. The host was faster than two thirds of the contestants. They started by shouting "Try to rob me, will you?" and "What in tarnation is the Tehachapi Loop?" and then they started the clock and the shooting.

Army
03-16-2009, 2:12 PM
I saw the episode last night where they were doing "Cowboy Shooting". They had to shoot a pistol, a shotgun, and a rifle, and hit a certain number of targets in the fastest time. The host was faster than two thirds of the contestants. They started by shouting "Try to rob me, will you?" and "What in tarnation is the Tehachapi Loop?" and then they started the clock and the shooting.
CAS and SASS have been around for 30 years now, and is only now getting any real public attention.

That was a good episode, as it showed good careful people having a ton of fun with guns.

SSG David Medzyk, SASS#79240 aka "Ten Foot Pole".

tkmech21
03-16-2009, 7:46 PM
They had two people with explosives on that episode, the one in California, and another in North Carolina. In both cases, it looked like tannerite. The guy in NC made plastic baggies that he attached to trap clays, which would then blow up when hit. The other guy was in CA down near the Mexican border, that was mentioned above.

While it looked very fun, their gun safety wasn't great. Before they started, one of the guys did a 'safety talk'. Yet when they were getting ready to shoot the car with the 5lb load, there were two negligent discharges. Luckily the guns weren't pointing at anybody. Fingers off the trigger until ready people!

Yeah I agree with that one about the negligent discharges, Those two guys need to be sent home. And as far as that panel of metal coming back at them, That was extremely dangerous. If you get to see That episode again watch that sheet of metal just about decapitate tha shooter, It came whizzin right by his head like a frizbee. And another question: They were talking about it only being reactive towards a high power rifle rounds, something in upwards of 2300 fps, and that you could shoot it with a pistol even a couple feet away and it would not detonate, But if that is the case how were they detonating the charges with a 12ga?