PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Support Thread

Mstrty
03-15-2009, 9:18 PM
Just wondering after looking everywhere for more 45 ACP brass and noticing that CGF gives support to people with the 10 day blues, What help is there for me...;) I Want My Ammo!!!!! *huff* *sniff*

Jonathan Doe
03-15-2009, 9:34 PM
Do the hard search on internet, ask friends, check Walmarts, whatever....Buy, buy, buy...:)

One Shot, One Dropped
03-15-2009, 10:00 PM
And, if you buy by the case, a lot of gun stores have decent deals...

MarioS
03-16-2009, 1:34 AM
There should be an ammo support group thread for those of us who have ordered online and are waiting for shipping time...:)

Waiting for ammo I was intending on using for the HD gun was even more testing of my patience...I guess waiting for fun ammo isn't as bad, but it still stinks. Not to sound like an impatient, bratty child or anything.

xxdabroxx
03-16-2009, 10:20 AM
My name is Dave, and i have been waiting for my 45 cal bullets to come for 3 weeks now. I have looked at various stores, and no one has the UMC 250 packs of 230gr 45 cal.

DDRH
03-16-2009, 11:09 AM
My name is Dave, and i have been waiting for my 45 cal bullets to come for 3 weeks now. I have looked at various stores, and no one has the UMC 250 packs of 230gr 45 cal.

WWB 100 rnd value pack is a better value than the UMC 250 pack IIRC. regardless, can't find both...ahahaha, bummer :(

Was at the Walmart in the Bay Area a few days ago, and no 9mm or 45ACP. but they had a bunch of .40SW...so i picked up 500 rnds. CCI blazer brass

chickenfried
03-16-2009, 11:14 AM
I knew we were in trouble, when ammoman's prices didn't seem so high...

xxdabroxx
03-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Last WM i checked only had .25 AUTO :eek: I mean WTF is a 25 AUTO? Really, and i thought 380 was small.

socalgunrunner
03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Man...when I clicked on this thread I was hoping that it wouldn't turn into another Walmart whining fest.

It's time to get over it people. There are many other places to buy ammo besides Walmart. What would you do if Wallyworld suddenly decided to stop selling ammo in CA?

BLC
03-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Man...when I clicked on this thread I was hoping that it wouldn't turn into another Walmart whining fest.

It's time to get over it people. There are many other places to buy ammo besides Walmart. What would you do if Wallyworld suddenly decided to stop selling ammo in CA?

OK, I'll bite, WHERE?

I look at least a dozen websites everyday and nobody has anything worth a darn. I need .45ACP.

It looks like you live right around the corner so please share with me where you find it.

socalgunrunner
03-16-2009, 12:28 PM
OK, I'll bite, WHERE?

I look at least a dozen websites everyday and nobody has anything worth a darn. I need .45ACP.

It looks like you live right around the corner so please share with me where you find it.

How much are you looking to purchase?

BLC
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
How much are you looking to purchase?

At this point I am not picky, a couple hundred target and defense rounds. I would really like to get my hands on a couple boxes of winclean or something similar so I can go to Shooters.

swerv512
03-16-2009, 1:06 PM
i was looking for some 45acp at the last cow palace gun show, but they were sold out by the afternoon. i need at least 1000rds...maybe even 2000...

gdr_11
03-16-2009, 7:53 PM
Finding ammo in the current environment is a combination of persistence and luck. In the midst of the current drought, I have consistently found 9mm and .45 ammo online and in the 5-6 stores I check regularly. Being self-employed, I cruise the stores 3-4 times a week (mid-mornings) and check 4-5 websites as often.

When I do find it, I seldom buy more than 200-300 rounds so I can leave some for the other guys. Example....this morning I stopped by one of my China Marts...freshly stocked with a case of WWB 100 round boxes of 9mm, but no .45. I bought one box and went on my way.

DocSkinner
03-16-2009, 7:58 PM
500rds - 45 ACP Federal LE Tactical HST 230gr. +P HP Ammo $379.95
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php/pName/500rds-45-acp-federal-le-tactical-hst-230gr-p-hp-ammo/cName/45-acp-hollow-point-ammo

DocSkinner
03-16-2009, 8:02 PM
Federal Cartridge 45 Automatic by Federal
45 Auto 230 Grain FMJ/50
Regular Box Price: $24.00
Case Per Box Price: $20.38
Case Price: $407.60

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product.asp?keywords=45+Auto+230+Grain+FMJ%2F50&productid=15406

DocSkinner
03-16-2009, 8:09 PM
Item Features Qty. Price

PMC Bronze Bulk .45 ACP Handgun Ammunition Item number: 2UG-217099
CALIBER/GAUGE: 45ACP 230GR FMJ600BX
This item is in stock.
1 $229.99

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/item-added.jsp?_requestid=137850

and I'll only charge a 10% finders fee for doing your leg work for you! ;-)

socalgunrunner
03-16-2009, 9:11 PM
Item Features Qty. Price

PMC Bronze Bulk .45 ACP Handgun Ammunition Item number: 2UG-217099
CALIBER/GAUGE: 45ACP 230GR FMJ600BX
This item is in stock.
1 $229.99
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/item-added.jsp?_requestid=137850

and I'll only charge a 10% finders fee for doing your leg work for you! ;-)

You've got to watch out for Cabela's. I ordered some .223 ammo today that said "This item is in stock". When I get the order confirmation email it tells me that it's on back order. :confused:

BLC
03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
I appreciate your help doc but I already know where to find that stuff. I need WinClean or Federal non-toxic or something along those lines to use at the range I frequent.

ElkHunter
03-17-2009, 12:12 AM
California Police Equipment has in stock 380, 9mm, 357sig, 40S&W, 38spl, 357mag, 45acp, 308win and 12ga buck and slug. They have great prices that beat most shops in So Cal. Call and ask 619 280 1199

JoeC
03-17-2009, 12:18 AM
You've got to watch out for Cabela's. I ordered some .223 ammo today that said "This item is in stock". When I get the order confirmation email it tells me that it's on back order. :confused:

Same thing here. I bought 300 rounds of that PMC bronze that DocSkinner mentioned only to get my email saying 'backordered' under the item.:(

DocSkinner
03-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Same thing here. I bought 300 rounds of that PMC bronze that DocSkinner mentioned only to get my email saying 'backordered' under the item.:(

Bummer - never ordered from them though.

The Ammunition to go, Wholesale Hunter, and Natchez (www.natchezss.com) have always been accurate on their stock and fast shipping for me though. I didn't check Natchez as they are usually slightly higher priced than the other two (only a few case discounts), you might want to try them.

JoeC
03-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Bummer - never ordered from them though.

The Ammunition to go, Wholesale Hunter, and Natchez (www.natchezss.com) have always been accurate on their stock and fast shipping for me though. I didn't check Natchez as they are usually slightly higher priced than the other two (only a few case discounts), you might want to try them.

Ammunition to go only has CCI shotshells in 45 caliber under the FMJ category. Thats kind of weird. Maybe they just don't show it if its not in stock? They have a few hollow point options though.

I'm really thinking I'm just going to forgo manufactured ammo and pick up reloading immediately. The current state of ammunition means I'll hardly ever get to shoot my gun and it doesn't look like the rush is going to die down any time soon.

BLC
03-17-2009, 3:02 PM
California Police Equipment has in stock 380, 9mm, 357sig, 40S&W, 38spl, 357mag, 45acp, 308win and 12ga buck and slug. They have great prices that beat most shops in So Cal. Call and ask 619 280 1199

Did you call to verify this stock? I click on the ammo tab at their website and all that comes up is .223.

DocSkinner
03-17-2009, 6:01 PM
Ammunition to go only has CCI shotshells in 45 caliber under the FMJ category. Thats kind of weird. Maybe they just don't show it if its not in stock? They have a few hollow point options though.

I'm really thinking I'm just going to forgo manufactured ammo and pick up reloading immediately. The current state of ammunition means I'll hardly ever get to shoot my gun and it doesn't look like the rush is going to die down any time soon.

If you shoot a bunch, getting a nice progressive press will get you all set. Reloaded since I was 12, but never had the advance cash to buy a progressive, yet... Wonder if they could do a co-op with a group at say United Sportsman or something... that would be great, small buy in, and just schedule your time on it, and bring your stuff.

JoeC
03-17-2009, 6:26 PM
If you shoot a bunch, getting a nice progressive press will get you all set. Reloaded since I was 12, but never had the advance cash to buy a progressive, yet... Wonder if they could do a co-op with a group at say United Sportsman or something... that would be great, small buy in, and just schedule your time on it, and bring your stuff.

Sell some of what you reload. I'm sure it'll help you save for that progressive a little faster.

In the mean time I had an idea for a website that tracks when ammo is available. We get various merchants to sign up with the website to provide notices when ammo is available. The merchant sends out a notice to the website the moment it becomes available stating what ammo is in and the brand and caliber then the website will send out an email to those subscribed saying that some stuff is in at this particular store. The email will have a link to the specified product and the person can go straight there to get it.

Does something like this exist already? If not, are there any programmers who would be up for the task? I couldn't do it. I don't know how to program my way out of a paper bag.

bohoki
03-17-2009, 7:17 PM
if i ever have 10 days left to live i'll buy a gun cause those are the longest 10 days ever

gdr_11
03-17-2009, 8:39 PM
last time I ordered 300 rounds of MagTech .45 from Natchez, they shipped me aluminum casing Blazer instead. When I checked their site, the MagTech showed Out and the Blazer was $1.50 more per box, so I didn't complain

socalgunrunner
03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Sell some of what you reload. I'm sure it'll help you save for that progressive a little faster.

Don't even think about selling reloaded ammo without a license. Even if you don't get in trouble with the Feds, you're leaving yourself open to get sued if something goes wrong with one of your reloads.

JoeC
03-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Don't even think about selling reloaded ammo without a license. Even if you don't get in trouble with the Feds, you're leaving yourself open to get sued if something goes wrong with one of your reloads.

My mistake. I didn't consider that.

DocSkinner
03-18-2009, 12:21 PM

In the mean time I had an idea for a website that tracks when ammo is available. We get various merchants to sign up with the website to provide notices when ammo is available. The merchant sends out a notice to the website the moment it becomes available stating what ammo is in and the brand and caliber then the website will send out an email to those subscribed saying that some stuff is in at this particular store. The email will have a link to the specified product and the person can go straight there to get it.

Does something like this exist already? If not, are there any programmers who would be up for the task? I couldn't do it. I don't know how to program my way out of a paper bag.

Many of these sites have a "out of stock" and a a "notify when in stock" functions already.

Problem is the email goes out when they get their shipment, and then sometimes the majority goes to back orders, and the rest to lucky SOBs that just hit it right and even if you check immediately on receiving the email, it is already sold out.

Most also have a no charge til shipped function. if you have specific needs on ammo - you may just want to put in the backorders so you get it automatically.

and no worries - already no the liability legality issues! And with out a progressive, I would have to charge way too much to make up for my time, and probably only break even even with a progressive.

MarioS
03-18-2009, 6:51 PM
Waiting for a small quantity of some Federal .40 right now. :)

Many of these sites have a "out of stock" and a a "notify when in stock" functions already.

I'm definitely all over this. :D I get e-mail "pushed" to my phone so hopefully I can get it in time, log in right away from my phone and buy it. :thumbsup:

DocSkinner
03-19-2009, 7:49 PM
Waiting for a small quantity of some Federal .40 right now. :)

I'm definitely all over this. :D I get e-mail "pushed" to my phone so hopefully I can get it in time, log in right away from my phone and buy it. :thumbsup:

Did that for DPMS .308 mags from midway - out by the time I could log in. Thankfully 44mag had them, and cheaper...

DocSkinner
03-19-2009, 7:50 PM
I don't own a .45 ACP, so wouldn't help much on that one, but is tehre a way to order a BATCH of ammo from the manufacturer?

Huge group buy for those that like 500/1000 round lots at a time?

JoeC
03-19-2009, 8:00 PM
Most also have a no charge til shipped function. if you have specific needs on ammo - you may just want to put in the backorders so you get it automatically.

The backorders are hit and miss. Some sites I've been to specifically state no backorders.

MarioS
03-19-2009, 9:48 PM
Did that for DPMS .308 mags from midway - out by the time I could log in. Thankfully 44mag had them, and cheaper...

Haha, maybe it was a good thing you missed the first one then.

I don't own a .45 ACP, so wouldn't help much on that one, but is tehre a way to order a BATCH of ammo from the manufacturer?

Huge group buy for those that like 500/1000 round lots at a time?

Would 500/1000 rounds at a time be large enough of an order for that?

epic4444
03-19-2009, 10:11 PM
haha i just bought 1250 rounds of 9mm becuase i was getting sick of not seeing any at walmarts and online stores being out of stock...i paid a lil more than i wanted but hey i cant complain i got a nice lil pile now

bplvr
03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
buy a gun from OOS ,send the money ,they send the gun to your FFL ,then u wait 10 days to pick it up.
Then u wait another 30 days for your back-ordered ammo to ship.
I don't think we really need the 10 day gun wait anymore.

So many guns,So little crime,So much fun ............CalGuns.

MarioS
03-19-2009, 10:26 PM
buy a gun from OOS ,send the money ,they send the gun to your FFL ,then u wait 10 days to pick it up.
Then u wait another 30 days for your back-ordered ammo to ship.
I don't think we really need the 10 day gun wait anymore.

So many guns,So little crime,So much fun ............CalGuns.

Haha.

DocSkinner
03-21-2009, 8:51 AM
Haha, maybe it was a good thing you missed the first one then.

Would 500/1000 rounds at a time be large enough of an order for that?

well, if you got 10- 30 people, each wanting 1000+ rounds...

THAT would probably be big enough!

MarioS
03-22-2009, 12:47 AM
well, if you got 10- 30 people, each wanting 1000+ rounds...

THAT would probably be big enough!

True. :D I'd be in...

thejackamo
03-22-2009, 12:54 AM

Doesn't relate to Cabela's, but I ordered some 185gr .45 from ammo to go, got a call next day apologizing that they didn't have it in stock but would gladly substitute 230gr for the same price. Now that's what I call good service.

MarioS
03-22-2009, 1:08 AM
Doesn't relate to Cabela's, but I ordered some 185gr .45 from ammo to go, got a call next day apologizing that they didn't have it in stock but would gladly substitute 230gr for the same price. Now that's what I call good service.

I am a big fan of AmmoToGo right now...seems to me like a business that is run right. And I think they take stuff off the catalog pages if they are not available at the moment too; I can certainly appreciate that.

socalgunrunner
03-22-2009, 6:51 PM
OK, I'll bite, WHERE?

Check this link out. If you want to go half's let me know.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=SEARCH_all_NYR&id=0065933216806a&navCount=12&podId=0065933&parentId=cat20837&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

BLC
03-23-2009, 7:17 AM
Looks like both flavors are on backorder, did they have some last night?

socalgunrunner
03-23-2009, 8:25 AM
Looks like both flavors are on backorder, did they have some last night?

Yeah. They had (600) rounds of .45ACP FMJ for $289.00. I almost bought some, but I don't really need that much right now. That's why I asked if you want to chip in half.

Next time I find something, I will send you a PM message instead of posting in an open forum. My bad.

BLC
03-23-2009, 1:35 PM
No problem SoCal, I will do the same. Splitting a large purchase is a great idea, I'll be keeping my eyes open.

dadoody
03-24-2009, 8:44 PM
I just went to Wal-Mart in Cerritos for some hair gel, and decided to check the ammo. I've been wanting a box of Winchester White Box 45 acp. All empty.

In a corner at the bottom, I saw a few large boxes of 45 auto. The company is called "Remington UMC". 250 rounds "Mega Pack". 230 grain.

Each box is $81.97, so it seems cheaper than the Winchester White Box (if it was even in stock) per round. A box of 100 45auto WWB is 37.99, and this divided out is about 32.99 for 100. Seems like a good deal for some stuff that looks like factory fresh.

It was 8:15pm, and kinda surprised to see handgun ammo @ Walmart this late in the day, so I decided to buy 2 of these boxes.

Anyone know if these are good rounds to be putting through my Kimber? Or are they junk?

socalgunrunner
03-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Yes. It's good stuff. It's equivalent to the WWB.

DocSkinner
03-28-2009, 4:44 AM
Yeah. They had (600) rounds of .45ACP FMJ for $289.00. I almost bought some, but I don't really need that much right now. That's why I asked if you want to chip in half.

Next time I find something, I will send you a PM message instead of posting in an open forum. My bad.

next time you find some, if you can float the advance just buy it, I am sure someone on here would take half in a heart beat...

HDRDR
03-28-2009, 8:12 PM
There is lots of ammo available on line for good prices (still) I will try and list a few www.georgia-arms.com

HDRDR
03-28-2009, 8:14 PM
www.sportsmansguide.com

HDRDR
03-28-2009, 8:17 PM
I just went to Wal-Mart in Cerritos for some hair gel, and decided to check the ammo. I've been wanting a box of Winchester White Box 45 acp. All empty.

In a corner at the bottom, I saw a few large boxes of 45 auto. The company is called "Remington UMC". 250 rounds "Mega Pack". 230 grain.

Each box is $81.97, so it seems cheaper than the Winchester White Box (if it was even in stock) per round. A box of 100 45auto WWB is 37.99, and this divided out is about 32.99 for 100. Seems like a good deal for some stuff that looks like factory fresh.

It was 8:15pm, and kinda surprised to see handgun ammo @ Walmart this late in the day, so I decided to buy 2 of these boxes.

Anyone know if these are good rounds to be putting through my Kimber? Or are they junk?
No wonder you needed hair gel:eek:

BLC
03-28-2009, 9:21 PM
www.sportsmansguide.com

Last time I tried to order from them they refused shipment to CA.

SimpleCountryActuary
03-28-2009, 9:26 PM
Last time I tried to order from them they refused shipment to CA.

Depends. They won't ship to me in Culver City because it is in LA County. I told them LA City has the mail order ammo ban not LA County, but Maroons are hard of listening.

If you aren't in one of the bad counties, they should ship to you.

And the mail order ammo ban to LA City has been useless at reducing crime. Double Maroons.

DocSkinner
03-29-2009, 1:15 AM
Depends. They won't ship to me in Culver City because it is in LA County. I told them LA City has the mail order ammo ban not LA County, but Maroons are hard of listening.

And the mail order ammo ban to LA City has been useless at reducing crime. Double Maroons.

Don't give them that much flack - you have to realize these people no squat about CA cities,counties, etc. They take the safest legal route/remedy. you can't blame them for the proportion of sales it makes.

Blame your local politicians - and fight, fight, fight!

If the only thing keeping you REP is 2A - swap to independent - pick pro 2A people on the primary ballots, you can always vote REP on teh final either way. quit letting thes 2 parties screw you!

leitung
03-29-2009, 1:35 AM
I am going to buy a .40 just because that's all I can find..

jumbopanda
03-29-2009, 1:37 AM
Been waiting for my damn .45 lead bullets for three weeks! One or two weeks behind on orders my ***!

Montana Gold removed .45 185gr JHPs from their product list.

I also wanna get some Beowulf ammo/brass for the upper I'm about to get but damnit there just isn't any around.

SirGlockALott
03-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Buy all you can.

BLC
03-29-2009, 6:27 PM

I am in Ventura County and they still wont.

ontmark
03-30-2009, 8:22 PM
Your Ammunitiontogo.com order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped

1 x 250rds - 357 Sig Speer Gold Dot 125gr. Hollow Point Ammo (CCIA953918) = $109.95

Ya I get to go shooting this weekend.
UPS tracking shows delivery Friday.
There was a five day delay from order date due to high volume.

MarioS
03-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Your Ammunitiontogo.com order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped

1 x 250rds - 357 Sig Speer Gold Dot 125gr. Hollow Point Ammo (CCIA953918) = $109.95

Ya I get to go shooting this weekend.
UPS tracking shows delivery Friday.
There was a five day delay from order date due to high volume.

I just got an order I placed with AmmoToGo as well; with about a 3-5 day delay due to high order volume as stated on their website. I'm a big AmmoToGo fan, no hiccups on any orders as of yet and they seem to stick to their word.

DocSkinner
03-30-2009, 10:56 PM
I just got an order I placed with AmmoToGo as well; with about a 3-5 day delay due to high order volume as stated on their website. I'm a big AmmoToGo fan, no hiccups on any orders as of yet and they seem to stick to their word.

Told ya it was a good site... ;-)

(an duhm, if any one there is checking this forum, feel free to offer me a discount now! LOL...

Justintoxicated
03-31-2009, 1:20 AM
Picked up 1000 rounds of Federal 230gr at a crossroads gunshow in vegas but I have no gun to shoot yet :(

Cost was about $390

They sold out at the gun show too I think, got their last box of Hyrda Shock too.

Bizcuits
03-31-2009, 11:16 AM
try gunbroker.com

bill104
03-31-2009, 3:32 PM
WHAT I just bought 500 rds of 9mm fronm Wm about 1 hour ago, oh by the way, there out of 9mm now, and the only thing left was 4 boxes of 223 and 22. so I bought all the 223 as well.

CA_SHARPSHOOTER
03-31-2009, 3:42 PM
I live in yolo county so shipping is a no go and no one in town has any ammo if I ever want to shoot I have to drive to sac and pay and arm and a leg just to find some ammo.:mad:

duck814
03-31-2009, 6:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/1300defender/DSC02895.jpg

now to find a .45 :thumbsup:

MarioS
03-31-2009, 7:42 PM
Told ya it was a good site... ;-)

(an duhm, if any one there is checking this forum, feel free to offer me a discount now! LOL...

Yeah, it's been great. I'm just going to keep making small orders with them every now and then and start a personal supply.

Doubt anyone there has time to check forums right now. :p

Mr. Beretta
03-31-2009, 8:17 PM
Buy all you can.

+1 Amen!

Exposed
03-31-2009, 8:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/1300defender/DSC02895.jpg

now to find a .45 :thumbsup:

Uhhhh, if you never get around to getting a .45 and you get tired of sitting on that ammo, I will be more than happy to take those off your hands ;)

Mstrty
04-01-2009, 1:58 PM
WHAT I just bought 500 rds of 9mm fronm Wm about 1 hour ago, oh by the way, there out of 9mm now, and the only thing left was 4 boxes of 223 and 22. so I bought all the 223 as well.

Stop hording. Ill take any .45acp you might have.

bill104
04-01-2009, 2:34 PM
whos hording I'm shooting, sorry no 45 yet but will keep a eye out.
Besides I don't consider 4 thousand rds of 223 and and 1000 rds of 9mm hording, even if my cloest is breaking from the weight.

freonr22
04-01-2009, 2:44 PM

AmmoEngine (http://www.ammoengine.com/)

www.ammoengine.com

Capt Jack
04-01-2009, 5:03 PM
I went to check out a few places yesterday on my never ending hunt for 9mm:

* Wally world - sold out of course, and they had no idea when they would get more...
* Big 5 had 4 boxes of Fiocchi (50 rounds) for $17 a box - haven't tried this brand yet so I was reluctant to pick it up.
* LGS had about 10 boxes of UMC and American Eagle but wanted $18.98 for each box of 50. Had 1 box of Remy JHP for $26 (20) and 1 box of Win JHP, also $26 for 20. More than a $1 a round, you'd think it was .308!

I just cannot bring myself to pay that much. I've only got about 600 rounds in the safe so I am still trying to stock up and avoiding the range like the plague but it is getting ridiculous looking for ammo.

Getting a .22 to make up for it though!

LOL - checked Cheaper than dirt, they are selling 50 round boxes of Wolf 115gr FMJ for $29.97 a box, I will sell my gun before I buy at that price!

5shot
04-01-2009, 5:59 PM
Went by Chino Walmart at 5pm today. Most of the shelves are bare, except they got a shipment of 40 S&W today. 30 boxes of "Blazer Brass", 180gr FMJ. $12.47 a box.

FeuerFrei
04-01-2009, 6:32 PM
Be the knuckle dragging meat eating caveman and go out on a mission to hunt up ammo.
Keep eyes up and listen hard.
I was just at Wally World buying chips, junk food, shooting magazines etc. and decided to walk the long trail to the "sporting goods" section for K's & G's. Low and behold I happened to find the rare Remington 45ACP HP's 100 count box! It had friends. Blazer brass cased in 45 and 9mm.
Yes I took down every last one of them with a single debit card and brought them home with a BIG smile on my face.
I could rub it in by telling you the silly price I paid but I think you get my point.
HUNT for it! It's out there for the avid ammo hunter. It's easier to take the shortage when you treat it like a game.

ontmark
04-02-2009, 6:26 AM
[QUOTE=Capt Jack;2255871]I went to check out a few places yesterday on my never ending hunt for 9mm:

* Wally world - sold out of course, and they had no idea when they would get more...
* Big 5 had 4 boxes of Fiocchi (50 rounds) for $17 a box - haven't tried this brand yet so I was reluctant to pick it up.
* LGS had about 10 boxes of UMC and American Eagle but wanted $18.98 for each box of 50. Had 1 box of Remy JHP for $26 (20) and 1 box of Win JHP, also $26 for 20. More than a $1 a round, you'd think it was .308!

I just cannot bring myself to pay that much. I've only got about 600 rounds in the safe so I am still trying to stock up and avoiding the range like the plague but it is getting ridiculous looking for ammo.

Getting a .22 to make up for it though!

I have had very good luck with Fiocchi. Very good groups and shot to point of aim in my P226 40SW.

maxicon
04-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I found some ammo that I had forgotten about...

A co-worker was moving out of state about 6-8 months ago, and asked if I wanted to buy his excess ammo so he wouldn't have to move it. The price was right, so I got it.

I realized recently I was getting low on 9mm and wasn't looking forward to hunting it down. That started me thinking, so I dug into my staging area, and sure enough, there it was!

Now I'm good to go for a little longer. Here's hoping supply picks up and prices drop before I burn all this!

http://maxicon.com/guns/ammo/ammo_stash-1a.JPG

The Tech-1
04-03-2009, 1:59 PM
um yea that 9mm should last you man :)

Sobriquet
04-03-2009, 3:20 PM
I'm not really a believer in that whole "everything you need to know you learned in kindergarten," but I feel like the 'no chewing gum unless you have enough for everyone rule' should apply here. Didn't your mother teach you to share, Maxicon? ;)

I'm down to like 100 rounds of 9mm and probably 300 of .45. I've got to find some ammo soon.

MarioS
04-04-2009, 12:31 AM
I found some ammo that I had forgotten about...

A co-worker was moving out of state about 6-8 months ago, and asked if I wanted to buy his excess ammo so he wouldn't have to move it. The price was right, so I got it.

I realized recently I was getting low on 9mm and wasn't looking forward to hunting it down. That started me thinking, so I dug into my staging area, and sure enough, there it was!

Now I'm good to go for a little longer. Here's hoping supply picks up and prices drop before I burn all this!

http://maxicon.com/guns/ammo/ammo_stash-1a.JPG

Dang!

xbimmers
04-04-2009, 9:44 AM
We should all have a stash like that!
Dang!