PDA

View Full Version : PA range/shop limiting ammo purchases to 1 box/person/day

Dismal_Scientist
03-15-2009, 9:10 PM
Reporting in with how things are looking in other parts of the country…

I'm visiting family outside of Philadelphia this weekend, and I went to the range with my cousin. We brought almost everything we needed except for targets and ammo. When I asked to buy a couple boxes of .45, the employee behind the counter said I could only buy one box. At first I thought it was some weird range rule, but after inquiring further he explained that they were limiting the purchase of ammo to one box per person (not sure if this was on all or only some calibers). The stated reason was that the store was worried about selling out given the current supply/demand gap. This was surprising as the store seemed pretty empty. Only 2 of the 15 lanes were occupied on a Saturday afternoon.

Despite the ammo limit, it was nice to see some of the inventory in a non-CA state. They had a new SL8 for ~ $2300, a USC, a Benelli M1 entry w/ 14" barrel, a number of AR's, and what seemed to be a great deal on a 4" S&W 500 on consignment for $599.

Kid Stanislaus
03-15-2009, 10:04 PM
RELOADING!!

Sheldon
03-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Who would have though things would get so bad that ranges would limit the sale of ammo....same thing is going on at a local indoor range with their RELOADS!!

I guess I haven't been shooting nearly as often as I had in the past and am now starting to run out of my reloading bullet stock. Prices have more than doubled for bullets compared to what I have traditionally paid......SUCKS. Used to be able to drop $500 and get around 12K lead cast bullets. Almost makes me want to get off my *** and start casting myself.

TheBundo
03-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Might have to go back to black powder and just shoot the wads