PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gone to the Livermore Rod and Gun Club?

cocorador
10-30-2005, 6:26 AM
I heard that the Livermore Rod and Gun club has reopened their rifle and pistol range. I have lived in the bay area all my life and the only range I go to is the Chabot Club in Orinda. I was just wondering if anyone has been to Livermore and can give a report. I live in Livermrore but still travel to shoot. Los Altos is my other place. You kind of get used to certain places. I also like Chabot because of the view. Please tell me what you think if you have shot at Livermore. Thanks.

TonyM
10-30-2005, 7:04 AM
If you look in this thread there is some information about the Livermore range starting on page 3.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=57

cocorador
10-30-2005, 9:26 AM
Thank you.

Brass Balls
11-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Been there twice since the reopening. The rifle range is really nice although somewhat limited in that you can only place targets at 25 and 100 yards. Cost is $12 per day I don't remember if you paid half with an annual membership or if you didn't pay anything after buying the membership, but I do remember that you didn't start saving money with the annual membership vs. the daily fee until your 13th visit.

Being that you are so close I'd say it is well worth checking out.

bassplayrr
11-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Just went there with a buddy today. Great place with a capital G, at least from what I saw today. It is $12, $6 for members for a 3 hour period. The membership is $60 a year plus the $6 fee per three hour window. The two gentlemen working there today were extreamly friendly and even allowed some of us patrons to shoot one of the RM's S&W 500. That thing was a hoot! :D I used to go to USI because, living in SE Antioch, it was closer. However I will be going to Livermore despite the longer drive from now on. If I have the same pleasant experience on my next visit I will be signing up with a years membership. A quick heads up though, they don't sell ammo. Well at least I know they don't sell 7.62x54 (my buddy brought a half empty box for his Nagant on accident), but I don't think they sell ammo in general.

-Chris

cocorador
11-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks again everyone. I may be going there soon to check it out.

jtv3062
11-07-2005, 7:30 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=24498 a link on steel core bullets at livermore. also if your a member then everybody you bring to the range that is not a member shoots at the members price. thats pretty cool. to what bassplayer said $60 dues+$25 initiation