View Full Version : Notary Public commission letter as Evidence of Residency?

03-14-2009, 7:12 PM
I bought a great gun at Uncle Pauls gun exchange today. (Thanx Eric)
I have a question for you guys. To prove the evidence of residency i was told that i have to provide utility bills, car registration or lease agreement. However, NOTHING is under my name it's either under my wife's name or my mother's name (only bank statements, cell phone bills, credit card bills are under my name). However, I am a full time banker and a part time Notary Public. And the notary public commission letter has the seal of California Secretary of State and the expiration date but not my current address. It just states that I am licensed to notarize documents until 2011 in county of los angeles. Would this work as the evidence of residency?

03-14-2009, 7:38 PM
Isnt the cell phone considered a utility bill ? a house phone i think is .

03-14-2009, 7:43 PM
no, a cell phone bill is specifically not POR.

A person can give any address they want for a cell phone or satelite TV bill. That's why they don't count as POR.

Mr. Magoo
03-14-2009, 7:43 PM
No cell phone bills.

All you need is a letter that states you live at xxxxx address and that you STILL live at xxxxx address. Sign this as well as your "landlord"/homeowner at your Notary. Your DL should also have a matching address as your second proof of residence.

I also have nothing under my name and live at my GF parents house and this is what I did.

"This letter confirms YOUR NAME is a resident of YOUR ADDRESS. I, YOUR HOME-OWNER, confirm YOUR NAME currently resides at YOUR ADDRESS and will for the foreseeable future."

Or similar.

03-14-2009, 9:16 PM
Do you by any chance own the house? Perhaps the loan doc's or deed of trust will do.