PDA

View Full Version : Parker Semi Auto - 10mm

dfletcher
03-14-2009, 5:16 PM
Well, I'd never heard of the 10 mm Parker semi auto until today. Anyone know anything about these? They look sort of like an AMT, wondering if this is a follow up version after AMT went out of business. And are magazines hard to find? I'm thinking of buying one, don't want to get stuck with a lousy gun or magazine that can't be found.

naimad
03-14-2009, 5:31 PM
http://www.bren-ten.com/website/id59.html

SCMA-1
03-14-2009, 6:06 PM
Looks and sounds like the designs/rights may have been bought from AMT then Irwindale Arms. If you want a 10mm, there are better ones out there, namely from Glock, EAA, Tanfoglio, Colt, or the already mentioned rare Bren Ten and it's later copy Peregrine Falcon.

Doubletap

dfletcher
03-14-2009, 6:46 PM
Looks and sounds like the designs/rights may have been bought from AMT then Irwindale Arms. If you want a 10mm, there are better ones out there, namely from Glock, EAA, Tanfoglio, Colt, or the already mentioned rare Bren Ten and it's later copy Peregrine Falcon.

Doubletap

That sounds about right. I have an older Smith 610 & kind of like the 10mm. Price on this thing is about $475.00, didn't know whether it was a sleeper good deal or waste of $$$. Seems to have only very average fit & finish. I haven't seen many 10 semi's around and I don't at all care for Glocks.

SCMA-1
03-14-2009, 7:11 PM
I have a couple of AMT handguns; they were pretty cheap back when I bought them and the fit and finish is kinda rough but that wasn't surprising considering the price.

The EAA Witness is a a good solid CZ/TZ style pistol (similar to D&D Bren Ten) and the retail is pretty reasonable IMO (~514). Personally, considering the price delta between the Parker and EAA is very small, I'd get the EAA as they typically have nice fit and finish and the Witness is just a nice looking piece IMO.;)

http://www.eaacorp.com/handguns-witness-steel-Full-TP.html

SCMA-1

SCMA-1
03-14-2009, 7:18 PM
That sounds about right. I have an older Smith 610 & kind of like the 10mm. Price on this thing is about $475.00, didn't know whether it was a sleeper good deal or waste of $$$. Seems to have only very average fit & finish. I haven't seen many 10 semi's around and I don't at all care for Glocks.

I have a buddy who has 2 610's and he loves them too! I have a 645 and it is one of the most accurate stock out-of-the-box pistols I've ever owned; paid a whopping $278 through a dealer friend back in the day! I really liked the 2nd gen Smith autos; lost interest with the 3rd gens.

SCMA-1