PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER Turner's story

ZombieKiller
03-14-2009, 5:45 PM
So I meet Jicko's bud for a transaction at Turner's in Kearny.....Nice guy by the way. I was pickin' up a Magpul MOE stock from him.

We talk for a little and then I hand him the cash and I get the stock and we talk a little more- we are in the parking lot.

Old dude with a pony tail comes out and warns us that no cash can change hands there in the parking lot in front of their store.

If we wanted to continue he said we should go down the lot "in front of the restaurant.." He mumbles something as he walks away and I am puzzled at this point.

Does anybody have any idea why he would do that?

It was obviously not a PPT and we weren't even on the sidewalk - we were on the black top. Hmmmmmmm...

Crazed_SS
03-14-2009, 5:47 PM
Probably cause they dont want it to seem like people are illegally transferring guns outside of their gun store.

caduckgunner
03-14-2009, 5:48 PM
Did you tell him to mind his own damned business?

mike100
03-14-2009, 6:04 PM
Ha! the Turners in Orange got all bent out of shape when we were exchanging money in the store because the atf was there doing an audit..I recall saying something about there being a no law about one person handing the other currency and we are obviously doing a legal and proper ppt.

Those guys just make stuff up to make themselves feel important. I like turners, but ppt is weird there.

B.D.Dubloon
03-14-2009, 6:07 PM
Did you tell him to mind his own damned business?

+1000 to this. Should have told him to get a haircut.

5150Marcelo
03-14-2009, 6:11 PM
Just give him the bird, and carry on.

ZombieKiller
03-14-2009, 8:01 PM
Im gonna do all my transactions there now.....right in front of the window.

pullnshoot25
03-14-2009, 8:11 PM

I love the way you think :)

hoozaru
03-14-2009, 9:04 PM
Probably cause they dont want it to seem like people are illegally transferring guns outside of their gun store.

Like that's any of his business! :mad:

What if people are just doing cash and carry C&R item transaction??

The Nomadd
03-14-2009, 9:11 PM
Yeah, that was a little rude. He could have at least politely asked you to do it elsewhere, and maybe explained why while he was at it.
Oh, and in response to someones suggestion to tell him to "get a haircut." Uhm, why? Last time I checked, this is still the U.S. and it's not like there's anything wrong with him having long hair. So, I don't see what making an insulting comment about his appearance would accomplish. Besides, why make yourself sound like an inbred hick anyways?

Black Majik
03-14-2009, 9:13 PM
Old dude with a pony tail comes out and warns us that no cash can change hands there in the parking lot in front of their store.

That's funny. Around 2004 or so during a PPT at the Signal Hill store we were advised to do the money transfer outside of the store.

They just can't make up their minds huh? :D

Seesm
03-14-2009, 9:16 PM
I get a woody when I hear Turner stories cuz onCal Guns there are TONS of them!! Yeah... Btw I have no affiliationw ith Turners and NEVER have even been but will steer clear just seems like a lame place.

Darklyte27
03-14-2009, 9:41 PM
Probably because its their business;s parking lot? property?..

hoozaru
03-14-2009, 9:48 PM
Probably because its their business;s parking lot? property?..

I am not sure about the Turner's in Kearny, but most turners I have been to do not OWN the parking lot. They share it with other business in the plaza.

Flintlock Tom
03-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I am not sure about the Turner's in Kearny, but most turners I have been to do not OWN the parking lot. They share it with other business in the plaza.

The Kearney Mesa store is renting in a strip mall. The parking lot is used by all the stores.

CSACANNONEER
03-15-2009, 7:15 AM
Tell him that no money is changing hands for a firearms purchase. Instead, you guys are in the middle of a drug deal, ransom or political bribe and it doesn't concern him.

ZombieKiller
03-15-2009, 8:46 AM
Let's all meet at the Turner's in Kearny.......We'll plan a day.

Then we will all start trading $20 bills....

Kingofthehill
03-15-2009, 9:18 AM

one day a big buddy of mine ate pizza's in front of a 24hour fitness so the people on treadmills could watch us :D

Jonathan Doe
03-15-2009, 9:18 AM

That will be a funny event!

Kingofthehill
03-15-2009, 9:25 AM
That will be a funny event!

Or everbody get a ton of 1's so it looks like were trading major money, and inbetween the change we can trade gun cases :D

CALI-gula
03-17-2009, 3:28 AM
We talk for a little and then I hand him the cash and I get the stock and we talk a little more- we are in the parking lot.

If we wanted to continue he said we should go down the lot "in front of the restaurant.." He mumbles something as he walks away and I am puzzled at this point.

Does anybody have any idea why he would do that?

Jealousy.

Someone is making more money than he is; of course, the kid on the corner with the lemonade stand, or the guy at the highway-exit selling oranges, is making more money than that Turner's employee.

CnCFunFactory
03-17-2009, 4:45 AM

OH I am so there but only if the next weekend we can do it in Pasadena at the turners there. :43:

rocketrod
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Oh, the Pasadena store... gotta be the only gun shop next door to a kiddie gym! Always makes me a bit nervous when I see some yahoo customer swinging an "unloaded" gun around while playing cowboy.

Overall, the EMPLOYEES at the Pasadena Turners are good eggs (with a few notable exceptions). It's the corp management that stinks at times. And I have no idea what kind of pressure they are up against, but it's clear that ALL stores are making a bundle right now, as they cannot keep stuff on the shelves. I would like to see them reinstate commissions for their guys.

Gunaria
03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes, another Turner's thread.

Shoot-it
03-17-2009, 11:43 PM

You are cracking me up man that's funny sh*t. I wish i could be there if i wasn't so far away.