View Full Version : Misc CCW Stories

03-14-2009, 3:21 PM
I have a couple of stories to tell everyone concerning my life since I received my carry permit.

The first and pointless one: I carried in San Fransisco and the Davis co-op. While nothing happened to note, it gave me huge satisfaction to know I was rubbing my nose secretly against them all! :thumbsup:

The second and more important one: I recently took Alpha Safety Training's Utah CCW course. (I highly recommend Jim, the instructor. He's great!) I also grabbed a Florida permit. While on the way to the Post Office to mail my Utah permit I stopped by a local copy shop to get the Florida application notarized, and my prints taken for the Florida permit. The guy that took my prints and notarized my application obviously saw that I was applying for the Florida permit. Even in liberal Davis, he said that he has recently started to take many more sets of fingerprints for out of state permits.

I explained to him the differences between shall and may issuance and explained to him why I am getting my permits and why I have my California permit. He thought that the California system seemed unfair. Of course, he asked me if I actually believed carrying guns would lead to a reduction in crime and I spouted off the evidence I always say when presented with the question. Surprisingly, he completely agreed with everything I had to say. He knew very little about CCW in the United States and he said he thought people should be able to protect themselves. But, now he knows the system and knows/was persuaded by what I had to say. It wasn't a huge victory, but it felt good knowing I had at least opened someone's eyes to CCWs. The fight continues!

03-14-2009, 4:54 PM
Good for you and good for us! Keep up the good work. :thumbsup::thumbsup: