View Full Version : Anyone go to the Stockton gunshow today?

03-14-2009, 12:46 PM
I may be heading out there tomorrow. Is it worth my time?

03-14-2009, 3:55 PM
I went this morning. it is smaller than the Cow Palace, Cal Expo, San Jose, etc., but not as much junk as the other shows. seemed the ratio of guns to junk is higher but that is just my opinion. it is free to park and 8.00 to get in. there was a Thompson there, I imagine it was semi-auto for 1999.00 saw a couple of BAR's......lots of bolt action military rifles..........a decent assortment of new and used handguns along with a decent assortment of long guns.

03-14-2009, 5:16 PM
Went this morning with a friend. Lots of bolt action rifles. Very low on ammo sales. One guy selling reloads, mostly pistol. He said he sells to Jackson Arms Shooting Range. $60.00 for 200 rounds .40, no .223 or 7.62. There were some uppers for all the rich guys. The lady selling the Thompson had a Stag upper for $1,090.00, but hey you get the BCG and CH.
Sierra Arms out of Modesto had a Armalite upper for $1,199.00. The same guy was selling Federal .223 for $599.00 for 1,000 rounds. I bought a bullet button ring. I thought it was a clever idea, and i'm a sucker for the tacticool gadgets. M24 armor was there handing out CG flyers along with all his cool stuff. My friend ordered an upper from him. Great guy. There were a few lowers there also. Around 260.00 (LRB). And yes the Sham-WOW was ever present. No beef jerkey. Heres a picture of the BB Ring.