PDA

View Full Version : go on offense

pizzapaiute
03-14-2009, 10:41 AM
It seems that once an anti-gun law passes, it seldom gets repealed. If this continues it's only a matter of time before we lose all of our rights. I'd like to see a big effort ot repeal the so called assault weapon registraion scheme.
It's really about time that a huge march was organized for gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters. If other special interest groups can march for rights that aren't even in the Constitution gun owners should be able to muster something to defend the 2nd Amendment.
First we march on Sacramento and eventually on DC. Why hasn't this been done every year? Defense is a losing proposition. Let's take back our rights.

forgiven
05-25-2009, 2:06 AM
Let me know when.:patriot:

BigDogatPlay
05-25-2009, 7:35 PM
The headlines for the "Million Gun Owner March" would likely put Keith Olbermann, among other media elites, right over the edge.

While it is a noble idea, marching to me is a way to attract negative press coverage that we have no control over.

But that's just me.

berto
05-27-2009, 3:06 PM
There are threads in other sections of this forum discussing marches. Some think a march is a grand idea, others don't.

Marches sound great in theory. In practice the media will find the most stereotypical whackjob to interview and portray him as representative of our cause. Think camo, tinfoil hat, anti-everything PC and loud, belligerent, and frothing. We don't need that kind of attention.

nicki
05-28-2009, 3:43 AM
Why not just make it mandatory that all laws have a 10 year sunset.

That would solve alot of problems..

Nicki

Can'thavenuthingood
05-28-2009, 6:22 PM
Why not just make it mandatory that all laws have a 10 year sunset.

That would solve alot of problems..

Nicki

Yes, I've been advocating this for years.

All laws to have a sunset clause.
Except for the Sunset legislation itself:)

Vick

forgiven
06-14-2009, 3:16 AM
10 min sunset on 90% of the laws sounds good to me.