View Full Version : Letter from Arnie regarding SB357

10-27-2005, 10:21 PM
A while ago, I emailed the governor, urging him to oppose SB 357 (bullet serialization). Today, I got this email from him:

Subject: Re:Oppose SB 357 - Bullet Serialization (Dunn)

Thank you for your email regarding SB 357. I appreciate you voicing your opinions on proposed legislation affecting our State.

Now that the legislative season has closed for the year, I wanted to let you know that SB 357 was not approved by the Legislature, and therefore never reached my desk. For more information on how this bill came to fail, please refer to the Official California Legislative Website: www.leginfo.ca.gov.

Again, I appreciate your interest in California's future. An informed and engaged citizenry is important to effective government in our Golden State.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

10-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Got the same email;)

10-27-2005, 11:06 PM

Lots of info on the law here, shows their intent as well as the text of the law, as well as some analysis.

This is the system they are talking about using: http://www.ammocoding.com/index.php

HAHAHAHA! Look at this, from the website they cited:

Can the ACS technology be circumvented?

Not easily. It would require considerable skill and knowledge for a criminal to circumvent the ACS technology. A person with the right knowledge, skill and equipment could cast and load their own ammunition. Similarly, a person could disassemble a coded bullet, file off the ACS codes and reassemble the component parts. However, criminals are not known for their advance planning skills. As an example, fingerprint technology is easy to defeat simply by wearing gloves, but that does not mean the police no longer dust for fingerprints at crime scenes. Most criminals don’t wear gloves; similarly most will not take the time nor do they have the knowledge or equipment to defeat ACS.

10-28-2005, 4:58 PM
But I read, probably in NRA newsletter that it could be revive again so everyone still needs to be vigilant. I fax and mail letters to him and also called his office to say my opinion on this matter. Darn I didn't get a single reply.

On another note, it wouldn't hurt to thank him for vetoing SB997. They still do exit polls.

edited to add - It was the 996 and not 997. My bad.