PDA

View Full Version : APS - March 15, 2009 MATCH CANCELLED

Timberwolf
03-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately we have less than the prescribed minimum number of shooters I need to close the rifle range signed up for this month’s match. As a result I am going to have to cancel this month’s centerfire match scheduled for this Sunday.

So that all understand unlike other venues that hold matches A Place to Shoot is a public range and to hold matches I have to close areas otherwise open to the general public. Because of this I have to have a minimum number of competitors for each match, rimfire as well as centerfire, to compensate for the lost revenues caused by the closure of certain parts of the range.

This is not generally a problem with our rimfire matches as we use one of two private bays that we have and also an area not open to the general public for the matches. However, this is a definite requirement with our centerfire matches due to the fact that because of the layout of our facility I have to close the rifle range for these matches, which is the heaviest used range at our facility.

I tried doing it differently in January’s match just to see if I could run a fairly decent match without closing the rifle range, but it was too restrictive and did not work out to my satisfaction.

In past months I have had 15 – 20 people “pre-register” for a match and normally out of that we field 12 – 15 shooters, which is fine. This month I have had well below 10 “pre-register”, in fact I’ve had less than my minimum amount resulting in my decision.

The next centerfire match is scheduled as a night match and is scheduled for April 18, 2009. More will be posted about this later.

lvshooter
03-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Thats to bad.
Where have the shooters gone?
You need to get the Frog and his tadpole back in the game.
Mabey ammo costs and availability have somthing to do with it. I lost 2 shooters last match due to this.

shooter65
03-13-2009, 1:28 PM
Bummer, was looking forward to the match.

Religious Shooter
03-13-2009, 1:31 PM
Well I may have gone. But the schedule was changed this year and now this match coincides with the X3 Multigun match in Piru.