PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Bday gift and ?'s

ThatFishGuy
03-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone,
so my Dad calls me a few minutes ago, he was asking about some sales prices at the local turners (he doesnt mind them). He calls back about an hour later saying he bought me my 21st bday present........(drumroll)......

A Springfield 1911!!! I nearly crap my pants and i dont even know which model yet :D Somehow he doenst know exactly which model it is, but i guess it was a display do they knocked off a little $. i figure its the GI or milspec model, both of which i was dreaming of purchasing. again he calls me back to give me to model number. PX9151..... i have no clue so i look it up. Its the SS Loaded! Holy crap this thing was way nicer than any of the ones i was currently looking at. I dont think my dad understands how nice of a gun he just bought. He loves guns but honestly doesnt know too much outside of the basics, but man did he do a good pick on this one! sorry, i'll stop being overwhelmingly excited now.... Conveniently the pick-up date is 2 days after i get home for spring break. GO DAD!!!!

-Sam

....this way overshades my bday present to myself of an xd9.... now i dont know which one to upgrade. By the way does anyone know if that model comes with nightsights or not? look like novaks but cant tell. springfields website just says combat rear.

lasereye
03-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Happy Birthday ,Sam. Nice present.

hawk1
03-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I dont think my dad understands how nice of a gun he just bought.

Don't underestimate your dad...;)

Japsican
03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Wow, Congrats! for getting an awesome pistol for you b-day as well as having a cool Dad!

P.S. That model comes with the standard Novak cut sights. I have the same one.:thumbsup:

Oldnoob
03-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Truly a happy birthday Sam. In suggestion of which to upgrade, keep the XD stock and focus on SA 1911. SA make really decent GI and the Loaded series are every man's dream for a starter 1911. Even I'm not a 1911 fan, I can appreciate it's genius design.

leitung
03-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Dads are pretty awesome like that, my dad bought me a Glock last year, I still wonder if he has something going on for my 21st..

savs2k
03-13-2009, 12:29 PM
congrats! thats a nice present. make sure you show your appreciation

DRM6000
03-13-2009, 12:29 PM
very cool. nice bday gift. happy 21st.

GenLee
03-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Happy b-day Sam. Now you go out there and make that Dad of yours proud. :thumbsup:

Turbinator
03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm jealous!

Turby

paladin4415
03-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Happy B-Day sam. Your Dad is a great guy.

Damn....I just wish I could remember my 21st birthday....or my 31st...or my 41st for that matter. :(

ThatFishGuy
03-13-2009, 1:58 PM
Thanks for the bday wishes everyone! and yes my dad is a great guy. as a plus he's been buying himself guns left and right the last few months so i have to go home and break them in :68: But you're all late ;) my bday was on the 1st. its ok i'll forgive you all if you send me a box of .45acp or 9mm....

haha im still all giggly when i think about the new guns in my near future. :willy_nilly:

Cal45man
03-13-2009, 2:14 PM
Thats a sweet B-day gift from your dad to you enjoy.On my B-day I bought myself a Kimber awhile back.My dad passed on he left me a Colt government model he was a former rock army marine captian .It put tears in my eyes and memories everytime I hold it, now forever safe queen.

gdr_11
03-13-2009, 7:58 PM
Welcome to the SAA Loaded club. These are awesome pistols and something that you can be proud to own and shoot.

Dad's can be cool. I can remember when my 30 year old stepson admitted one day that he never got over my buying his older brother a Remington 870 20 ga. when he (younger one) was 9 years old. He told me that he never understood why he didn't get one too. His father bought him a piece of crap Mossberg the next year, so I never thought any more about it. Fast forward 21 years and I drove him to RCGE in Sacramento one day, put a Ruger Red Label 20 ga. in his hands and said "hope this makes upper for 20 years ago".

I believe it did!