PDA

View Full Version : I think shes going to leave me soon

dirtykoala
03-12-2009, 7:31 PM
a few weeks ago i was trying to decide if i should sell my sti 2011 or not, soon after, i decided not to, but ive reconsidered and ive posted her on the for sale section. im pretty upset, ive already got a reasonable offer and its starting to become realistic that i will never fire my favorite pistol again. i hate to see such a great gun leave my collection, but i cant resist the temptation of building an AR and having money left over.

is selling a bad idea????
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m87/chdahlen/sti/IMG_4169.jpg

AlexBreya
03-12-2009, 7:32 PM
if you sell that, you will regret it for the rest of your life.

dirtykoala
03-12-2009, 7:35 PM
thats what im thinking, but on the other hand, i dont have the time or money to use it for what its meant for.

Seesm
03-12-2009, 7:38 PM
Give it to me for safe keeping and if you want it back we can talk down the road... :)

m1match
03-12-2009, 7:39 PM
I wouldn't sell it if I were you. Replacing it in California will be very difficult and expensive. If you have to have an AR, buy a stripped lower and wait till this black rifle frenzy subsides before buying the rest.

cheese
03-12-2009, 7:40 PM
Everyone always talks about the one they let get away. Dont do it man ...dont do it

rdmax
03-12-2009, 7:41 PM
It starts off as "why" and then it leads to "what have I done"!!:no:

PatriotnMore
03-12-2009, 7:43 PM
Don't do it!!!!

Take your time and build an AR from scratch.

jumbopanda
03-12-2009, 7:47 PM
Dangit man, don't sell your pimp gun.

Save up for the AR. And besides, there aren't too many ARs out there that are as unique as this pistol.

JTROKS
03-12-2009, 7:50 PM
Go ahead and sell it to somebody that will definitely shoot IPSC as it is meant to be. If for some reason you want it back you can always provide a picture to Johnny and I'm sure he can build it just like that. Although you know you'll end up paying more and waiting.

n2k
03-12-2009, 7:51 PM
I wouldn't get rid of such a beauty, don't do it :no:

thefinger
03-12-2009, 7:53 PM
don't do it. AR's are fun, but come on, dude. step away from the ledge for god's sake.

trashman
03-12-2009, 7:54 PM
Don't do it. Even when NRFs et al are in place these things are hard to come by...

--Neill

xxxx
03-12-2009, 8:01 PM
Don't do it hombre.

ghostrider4evr
03-12-2009, 8:03 PM
You're letting your emotions get the best of you here. Do not sell that, you will regret it.

gunsmithcats
03-12-2009, 8:13 PM
i woudlnt sell a 2011, specially if you have the high caps for it.
Sell other factory handguns first, and save your customs for last resort if you really need the funds.

GrizzAwoken
03-12-2009, 8:21 PM
Keep a hold of her. She is your and because she is your's one of a kind. Keep it man =)

1064chubbs
03-12-2009, 8:28 PM
I would keep it...;)

hylander
03-12-2009, 8:30 PM
Sell it, Sell it, Sell it :reddevil:
Seriously, if your not useing it and don't intend to use it for what it is made for, why keep it.
But that is just me, I'm not one for hanging onto something I don't use.

galabomber
03-12-2009, 8:34 PM
i woudlnt sell a 2011, specially if you have the high caps for it.
Sell other factory handguns first, and save your customs for last resort if you really need the funds.

That thing looks pretty sweet. If you got the mags for it, keep it, and sacrifice the others.

OTOH... You can never have too many AR's :thumbsup:.

GL with yer decision.

cineski
03-12-2009, 8:51 PM
Sit back, put her away for a few weeks and get her out. The way she feels when you pick her up will tell you if it's time for her to go. I don't miss any of the guns I've gotten rid of, including my W.German 220. Someone else out there will appreciate it while you appreciate your AR.

Gunaria
03-12-2009, 9:11 PM
Don't sell something you will probably be never able to get again. AR's are not all that. I say go get the mil-surplus bug and go that way.:thumbsup:

HCz
03-12-2009, 9:26 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!

Look Wat I kAn DO !
03-12-2009, 9:31 PM
Wow, don't sell that. It's like selling your children ..lol

223Dude
03-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Please don't sell it. AR's are really cool, but a Legendary Johnny Lim built custom is not only hard to come by, it's flat out skyrocketed in price compared to what you paid before. I mean, sure he could build you another one, but it's gonna cost. Take it from someone who as an AR that is trying to find something affordably decent to shoot IPSC, but can only dream of having something this beautiful man... Keep it, unless you really hate it. You won't be sorry... my $0.02

dirtykoala
03-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Sell it, Sell it, Sell it :reddevil:
Seriously, if your not useing it and don't intend to use it for what it is made for, why keep it.
But that is just me, I'm not one for hanging onto something I don't use.

i will probably shoot myself in the foot, with my new AR... this has been a really really tough decision, i didnt want to put something this nice out of my collection, but i dont see what i will do with it. i have a glock (not that it compares at all) but it will suffice for pistol shooting at the range for fun, the problem with a gun designed for ipsc, is that you use it for ipsc, i dont have the time or money to goto chabot and go through 120 rounds every month for fun, and if i ever got good at it... i would have to stand on the corner with a sign that said "will work for ammo" i feel bad, but i think shes getting a good home where she will be put to use. too bad it sold so quick, i wanted to goto the range one more time. i plan on buying an AR and a remington 700 with the money it sold for.

leelaw
03-12-2009, 11:34 PM
You're right where I am, except I'm looking to offload a custom Caspian 1911 for an STI 2011 :D

supermario
03-12-2009, 11:38 PM
If you have to ask for peoples opinion on wether or not you should sell it,,
then you shouldnt be selling it.. Everytime i sold something that i thought about for a long time, i ended up regretting it,, and eventually buying another one for alot more $$$$. Dont sell it,, just relax,, and buy a lower,, then slowly build a nice AR.. Supply is gone but there are still parts out there,, just gotta be patient and look around.. Trust me dont sell it.

hnoppenberger
03-12-2009, 11:44 PM
idiot. there someone had to say it.

dude, keep the gun. a wise man once said, its only money you'll make more.

very true. just keep it, charge the AR and pay it off when you can.

savs2k
03-13-2009, 12:51 AM
keep it man. you'll regret it for a long time if you sold it.

Sam Hainn
03-13-2009, 1:06 AM
a few weeks ago i was trying to decide if i should sell my sti 2011 or not, soon after, i decided not to, but ive reconsidered and ive posted her on the for sale section. im pretty upset, ive already got a reasonable offer and its starting to become realistic that i will never fire my favorite pistol again. i hate to see such a great gun leave my collection, but i cant resist the temptation of building an AR and having money left over.

Well, that's one way to double your exposure of an item for sale.

;)

proraptor
03-13-2009, 7:03 AM

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m87/chdahlen/sti/IMG_4169.jpg

California AR's are so boring after awhile....Keep the 2011....If you get rid of it you are going to regret it

Bongos
03-13-2009, 7:12 AM
If you are going to sale your 2011 for a get it anytime AR, it's going to be one of those, I wish I didn't and regret it ever since "gun Stories" almost as bad a " the one that got away " (Fishing or Girl story... it works). i would sale something else, something more common and replaceable... that said if ou plan on moving out of CA in the years to come. That is a different story

STIforme
03-18-2009, 6:41 PM
For those of you who do not read very carefully.....HE ALREADY SOLD IT!
No point in talking him out of it, is there? :(
On 03-13-09 dirtykoala himself says that the gun is already gone! Click back to page 3 if you do not believe me :)

tankerman
03-18-2009, 7:16 PM
For those of you who do not read very carefully.....HE ALREADY SOLD IT!
No point in talking him out of it, is there? :(:confused::confused::confused:

sltgunner
03-18-2009, 7:34 PM
For the love of all that is good, DON'T DO IT MAN!

Every gun I have sold, I have regretted.

I *never* should have sold my Browning HP that had the 13 round magazines way back before the ban. I thought I'd be able to buy another, buy the days of standard (i.e. "hi-cap") magazines may be totally lost to us here in California....

I even regret selling my Astra A90 in .45acp. I was just too poor to really shoot it at the time.

The Ruger GP100 in .357 was one of the sweetest shooting revolvers I owned, never should have sold it.

Considering the current majority that the antigunners hold in our state and national legislatures, I'd be loathe to get rid of *any* firearms...

However, if you *do* sell it, sell it to someone who will use it for IDPA(?), so at least one of you can be happy :thumbsup:

sltgunner

bruss01
03-19-2009, 8:06 AM
If you sell it, I want to see the video clip of you kicking yourself afterwards posted on Youtube.

Right now it is just me and a few others sitting here saying to ourselves "WHAT A FOOL!" and who knows, tomorrow it can be YOU saying it, and with the help of Youtube, millions of others can join in the fun too!

I'm especially looking forward to the bang-head-against-wall segment of the clip. C'mon, we need some decent entertainment... DO IT!

bruss01
03-19-2009, 8:51 AM
I don't sell my guns. I worked hard for the money to buy them, and in most cases I worked hard to get a good deal on them. All the 10 day waits, all the dros fees... I just don't understand why people don't save up for the new one, feel like they have to sell an old friend to get something "new" or "different". Is a few months of saving that torturous? Are we that averse to picking up a little extra work on the side? That we have to sell our guns that we worked so hard to acquire? I will sell my plasma before I sell a gun. Oh, of course, everyone has the RIGHT to sell a gun, just like they have the right to cut off a finger or a toe, just because the mood suits them. But WHY? It's just not necessary. If the gun is fine, and it suited you once, then just put it away for a few years... odds are it'll suit you again sometime. If it's not fine, then would you sell a gun to a fellow gunner which you knew wasn't ok? That's a pretty crappy way to live, take your problems and make them some other poor sucker's problems. Anyway, I've said my piece, most gun sellers eventually regret, but as they say, live and learn.

JTROKS
03-19-2009, 9:04 AM
He just wanted to make down payment on the latest Limcat design.

http://www.limcat.com/Site/Products/Pages/IPSC_Standards_files/Media/perfect%20sight%206/perfect%20sight%206.jpg

Kid Stanislaus
03-19-2009, 9:51 AM
[QUOTE=dirtykoala;2159352] is selling a bad idea????

Only YOU can answer that and unfortunately you won't know until you do it!:(

Warhawk014
03-19-2009, 2:21 PM
i thought your wife was leaving you when i saw the thread

btw dont sell

MStrideR
03-19-2009, 7:37 PM
my take, sell off what you dont use. use money to get something useful, and worthwhile

MStrideR
03-19-2009, 7:37 PM
i thought your wife was leaving you when i saw the thread

btw dont sell

what do you mean, that is his wife. its always greener on the other side