PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any public ranges in the Cambria area?

Professor Frink
03-12-2009, 1:22 PM
It's a longshot question, but what the heck. Spending the weekend there with some inlaws, I'm going to need an excuse to go somplace.

Failing that, how 'bout some decent bars.

Thanks

prod39
03-12-2009, 1:39 PM
Ah, Ah, Ah ! You're supposed to be with the family!!

But, there is one in Morro Bay, where the ICORE match was last month.
If I can get the address, I'll call you.
Jim B

SixOnTheFloor
03-12-2009, 4:20 PM
There is a range on the East side of Hwy 1 about half way between Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo.

Sam
03-12-2009, 4:50 PM
I've never been to it, but my brother has told me it's a nice place.

reyna12
03-12-2009, 5:02 PM
check out http://www.slosa.org/

its only about 15 minutes south of Cambria on the east side of Hwy 1

as far as bars...
be sure to check out the Cayucos Tavern at 130 N. Ocean Ave in Cayucos
it would probably fall under the "old tavern" / "dive bar" category
always good times...
:thumbsup:

Moto4Fun
03-12-2009, 9:19 PM
It is a nice outdoor range. Can't miss it. Take HWY 1 south from Cambria. 5 minutes south of Morro Bay it will be on your Left.

Camham
03-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Cambria Pines Lodge has a pretty good bar (depending on what band is playing). It's more of a laid back atmosphere with couches, live music and a fireplace. There is a really cool garden on the property that is great to walk through, great place to take the wife. http://www.cambriapineslodge.com/Lounge.htm

There are some bars on the main drag in Cambria but I haven't been to them in about ten years. If you drive down to the bars in Morro Bay make sure you get a DD. Morro Bay PD is very... "active / zealous / careful" pick your own word.

SLOSA is a great range, actually heading there in a couple of hours.

Sam
03-13-2009, 2:33 PM
nice to see someone from Los Osos here, my family has a vacation home there.

Camham
03-13-2009, 3:42 PM
Los Osos is a great little town. One mile from the bay and 5 minutes from Montana de Oro. No tourists like Cayucus, Morro Bay, Avila & Pismo. No college kids like SLO. I'm starting to sound like my grumpy old grandpa. Stay off my lawn you damn kids!!!

Sorry to hijack your thread.

AKman
03-13-2009, 3:51 PM
Los Osos is a great little town. One mile from the bay and 5 minutes from Montana de Oro. No tourists like Cayucus, Morro Bay, Avila & Pismo. No college kids like SLO. I'm starting to sound like my grumpy old grandpa. Stay off my lawn you damn kids!!!

Sorry to hijack your thread.

A nice place until you get the bill for the new sewer system.:eek:

leitung
03-13-2009, 4:15 PM
Check out SLOSA on Hwy 1. I stopped by but didn't shoot last time I was down there. I plan on shooting there next time I go down. I may check out the morro bay range as well.

We used to rent a vacation home in Cambria all the time, but now we stay in Morro Bay with a good friend of the family. We usually go once a year outside of tourist season.

Camham
03-13-2009, 4:45 PM
A nice place until you get the bill for the new sewer system.:eek:

Fortunately my place is an acre plus lot so as we are exept but the entire project has been a complete cluster.