PDA

View Full Version : Dreams about shooting?

Teletiger7
03-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Just curios. Anybody have dreams in which they are shooting?

Fate
03-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Only once, and it was zombie related. Was the night after I saw one of the "28" movies. LOL

The dreams I really miss as an adult are the flying ones. :(

ke6guj
03-12-2009, 12:22 PM
yah, but I've never got a shot off in my dream. Either the gun is empty, is broken, or has a 200# trigger pull that I don't have the strength to pull.

mif_slim
03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Had a dream of shooting Dragons with a M16A2, exact! Yeah, dreams and get pretty detailed.

jumbopanda
03-12-2009, 1:13 PM
I've had dreams in which I had to defend myself from zombies or criminals, but for some reason, my guns never fire.

valleyguy
03-12-2009, 1:38 PM
Always -- even before I owned. The difference now is that in my dreams I'm concerned about gun safety, what's downrange, not sweeping anyone with my muzzle (unless it's a combat dream), etc.

mcsoupman
03-12-2009, 1:47 PM
Since I am new to HGs within the last 45 days . . . I dream about at least muzzling someone once a week. It is funny because I don't want to have to use it. Believe me I am not axious about wanting to muzzle someone. Maybe my subconcious is trying to make up for some doubt in my being able to use it ICE. I can't wait till I start my course on the 28th!

valleyguy
03-12-2009, 1:54 PM
I've had dreams in which I had to defend myself from zombies or criminals, but for some reason, my guns never fire.

That's normal -- usually some kind of sign of frustration in your life or fear. I've had similar dreams, but where I'm fighting, and right before the punch lands, I lose power.

bluestaterebel
03-12-2009, 2:11 PM
yah, but I've never got a shot off in my dream. Either the gun is empty, is broken, or has a 200# trigger pull that I don't have the strength to pull.

thats interesting. iv'e had the same experience. it scares the bejesus out of me when i have those dreams, and i am usaually on the range the next day to make sure everything works

JamesY
03-12-2009, 2:21 PM
Lol. I have similar things happen to me. Some nights, the trigger is 200#s, other I am able to pull it, but no ammo, other times I'm able to shoot but beef jerkey or ground beef come out of the barrel instead of bullets. Weird and very frustrating when you're trying to defend your life...

tgriffin
03-12-2009, 2:22 PM

That and worse. Ineffective bullets that never kill anything.

Saigon1965
03-12-2009, 2:24 PM
You guys are too violent - Dreaming about shooting - All I want to do is sleep -

mydogsmonkey
03-12-2009, 2:30 PM
i didn't get a shot off but i did just have one last night
i was with a bunch of friends and one of them lived next door to drug lord/king pin type of guys. we were about to walk in with all our guns but for some reason decided not to. a few days later we all got arrested for some reason. i guess i learned my lesson
don't go after a drug lord! the police will come after you!

hybridatsun350
03-12-2009, 4:36 PM
I had a dream once where I was at the toll plaza for the Golden Gate Bridge trying to stop an invasion of San Francisco. I was armed only with a .50AE Desert Eagle. Anyway, I ended up shooting a guy square in the chest and he said, "You think that little thing is going to hurt me?"

It scared me so much I woke up. How could a .50AE to the chest not kill someone? :eek:

I've also had a dream where I executed someone with a Colt Python. Non-firing or ineffective guns are one thing, but it's really freaky when you actually kill someone in a dream!

stillnotbob
03-12-2009, 4:39 PM
yeah.... and it was zombies:thumbsup:....and of course my rifle would not work. But then I did the "Sean of the Death" thing and just acted like a zombie.... AND IT WORKED!!!:)

Hamster16
03-12-2009, 8:26 PM
i have dreams about killing zombies all the time. those are my favorite dreams. one time though i had all my guns and no ammo, that really sucked. zombie dreams are better than the dreams where im at work all night and when i wake up i feel like i was at work the whole time and i have to then go to work.

joea
03-12-2009, 8:39 PM
I dreamt I just got a little kel tec (.32 I think) was real excited. I shot a guy in the left shoulder blade area as he and 1 or 2 friends walked past my house. While I peered through my barely open security screen door. He turned back and looked me square in the eyes. He's expression was "Why did you shoot me?" and turned around and kept walking like nothing happened. Needless to say I was not very happy with that disturbing dream when I awoke.

252yft
03-12-2009, 8:40 PM
i've had multiple dreams of being in a gunfight. law enforcement, border protection, home defense, combat, shootout at the o k corral .......the gun goes bang, but the bad guys never takes a hit. point blank shots and still nothing. i wake up to a speeding heart rate. i waiting for the dream in which i am a captain of nuke sub...push the launch button and nothing.

packnrat
03-12-2009, 8:43 PM
I voted maybe.

It all depends if the body has been found....yet.

AngelDecoys
03-12-2009, 8:47 PM
Ah, but do you focus on your front sight when in the dream? ;)

Now that's subconsciously competent!!

eccvets
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
ive had dreams of guns but never shooting them.

Jpach
03-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Ive had many dreams about guns, shooting, etc. I LOVE apocalyptic dreams. So action packed. Hopefully I have one soon. I dont know about you guys, but when I play any half-life game in story mode, I get some cool *** dreams. I hope they come out with more HL stuff soon.

Macadelic4
03-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Ive had many dreams about guns, shooting, etc. I LOVE apocalyptic dreams. So action packed. Hopefully I have one soon. I dont know about you guys, but when I play any half-life game in story mode, I get some cool *** dreams. I hope they come out with more HL stuff soon.

Why did you have to bring this up?!?!?! Just when I was slowly forgetting my HL addiction...

radioburning
03-13-2009, 12:14 AM
I actually had a dream once of me at Angeles having a ball. When I woke up I was like "I think about shooting way too much...awesome.":43:

Jpach
03-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Why did you have to bring this up?!?!?! Just when I was slowly forgetting my HL addiction...

Ha sorry man, I couldnt help it. HL is just such a bad *** game. I NEED MORE!!! The crappy part is that my computer just cant handle the new games. I got HL2:Episode 1 and 2, and Lost Coast and only episode 2 works semi reliably. If I try and load the others up it usually just doesnt fully load and they freeze. If they do manage to fire up at all, or when there are too many explosions, noises, and creatures at once my computer will basically have a seizure, go to a blue screen real quick with a bunch of computer language and then reboot. Same goes with L4D. Any computer people know what could be the cause?

jumbopanda
03-13-2009, 1:44 AM
yeah.... and it was zombies:thumbsup:....and of course my rifle would not work. But then I did the "Sean of the Death" thing and just acted like a zombie.... AND IT WORKED!!!:)

You mean Shawn of the Dead? :thumbsup:

xibunkrlilkidsx
03-13-2009, 7:06 AM
Yep. typically its about zombies. And i dont know about you guys. but my gun fires all the time. sounds like a personal problem that you and your doctor should suggest.

caldude
03-13-2009, 7:50 AM

Yeah, I hate it when I try to shoot the guys chasing me, and the trigger acts like it's locked up. Or, if the gun does actually fire, I see the bullet fall to the ground like 20 feet in front of me.

How come I can't shoot in my dreams, yet when I play guitar in my dreams, I'm really good?

SgtDinosaur
03-13-2009, 8:38 AM
Every dream I have had about a gun fight I have won. A couple were very vivid, and I didn't feel bad when I woke up. Some of my dreams about physical altercations are frustrating, though. Not long ago I hit the pillow next to me with a hammer fist as hard as I could while I was dreaming. Put a scare into my wife.

RangerRick
03-13-2009, 8:48 AM
I just had one of those dreams last night. Bad guys robbing a store i was in, threatened my kid, pulled out my glock and of course it didnt fire. Then couldn't get the slide to work to clear it. Finally cleared it, the rounds didn't do anything to the bad guys. Woke up at 3a very unhappy. :(

Jpach
03-13-2009, 5:21 PM
!!!I had a gun dream last night! And I even shot! So apparently in my dream I had just acquired some really old and semi old guns and they were on a couple racks, 1 in the kitchen and one by the table. So im minding my own business. Next thing I know, some random black guy (just being specific) is in my backyard. He looked like he was 20 and looked like some regular non-threatening kid just in Lala land, oblivious to the fact that he is in my back yard. I yell GET THE F*** ON THE GROUND!!! Then I take him to the ground and have the gun pointed at him. He kept trying to get up and was just being an idiot so I shot him.

I tell my sister and dad to call the cops and they are down crouching with me and just not listening. So what do I do? I find my other Beretta 96 with a tannish green color and on the grips are number buttons. I called 911 with my Beretta. Dont really remember the rest.

audihenry
03-13-2009, 7:34 PM
I wonder what Freud would say...;)

NRAhighpowershooter
03-13-2009, 8:09 PM
Holy necro, semi-dupe posting batman!!! :p

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=51411&highlight=dream%2C+shooting

JTecalo
03-13-2009, 8:14 PM
I've also had a dream where I executed someone with a Colt Python. Non-firing or ineffective guns are one thing, but it's really freaky when you actually kill someone in a dream!

When you kill someone in your dream are they really dead?

NRAhighpowershooter
03-13-2009, 8:20 PM
When you kill someone in your dream are they really dead?

in my dreams, pelosi and feinstein both have handcuffs twirling from their fingers saying 'how dare I shoot a mis-understood, fine young citizen' who was clearly trying to reach out to me ....

2009_gunner
03-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Only once, and it was zombie related. Was the night after I saw one of the "28" movies. LOL

The dreams I really miss as an adult are the flying ones. :(

ha. I had a dream once I was piloting Airwolf for about 10 seconds. For years I was hoping to have that dream again