View Full Version : S.F. Bay Area Pistol Course?

03-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Anyone know of a good pistol training or course of any kind near San Jose? Thanks - Evan

03-12-2009, 1:10 AM
Anyone know of a good pistol training or course of any kind near San Jose? Thanks - Evan

I'm bringing Blackwater up to Richmond for an Advanced Handgun Skills class:

Otherwise, Reeds Indoor Range in Santa Clara brings Yavapai (Lewis Awerbuck) in to do classes:

03-12-2009, 6:18 AM
My wife and I took their class 5+ years ago. Great intro class and low key.

Basic Pistol

BAYPROFS offers an NRA Basic Pistol class at Target Masters West Range in Milpitas. (Need driving directions?) Classes start at 10:00 AM and end at about 8:00 PM. Cost is $125.00 to cover class materials, text, range fees, insurance, and ammunition . An overview of the class is here, and many helpful details are found in our FAQ.

Next classes: (subject to being rescheduled as needed.

Classes for 2009:

Basic Pistol March 14
Basic Pistol May 9
Basic Pistol September 12
Basic Pistol November 14

03-12-2009, 1:14 PM
Thanks guys, Im looking in to both of those programs. I wont be able to make the BW in Richmond this time around hopefully they come next year. The NRA one seems great, but I would like to also complete one prerequisite for the Blackwater program. Why not enroll in both? Anyways Thanks again- Evan

03-12-2009, 4:57 PM
I just took Basic Pistol at Bullseye in San Rafael with Jim. He was a great instructor. This is the only course I've taken but I had a great experience and learned a lot. http://www.bullseyerange.com/range/training.html

03-13-2009, 9:55 AM
Looks like a nice course Scudco. Do you know what it covers as for certifications?