PDA

View Full Version : Jawbone Canyon

11Z50
03-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Anybody have intel on Jawbone canyon? It seems to be one of the few places I can ride my ATV and shoot.

Just bought a brand new toy-hauler at a helluva a discount and I want to get busy.

mrboma
03-12-2009, 9:14 AM
If your talking about the Jaw Bone out in the Mojave Desert (BLM Land) I have been out there many times. We used to have a "Dirt Squirt / Bullet Fest" out there every year. Our camping spot was on the other side of the highway on top of a mesa overlooking the salt flats. WIDE open areas for riding and shooting are plentifull. Hot days and cold nights the norm. I really miss those trips out to BFE.
Regards,
Mike

HUGH
03-12-2009, 9:49 AM
11Z50, if you dont mind me asking , what type of ToyHauler did you get? Was there a good discount?
Just curious, i have been looking for a while.I would like to get rid of my dirt bikes and get a four seat Chenowth buggy. i have been to Barstow OHV area evidently there are places to shoot out there as well.A little ridin,a little shootin, GOOD TIMES in IMHO.

MikeH1
03-12-2009, 5:15 PM
it's worth a camping trip, with shooting and off-roading in the same place. I've been twice, lots of places to shoot south of the main road in the park.

easy
03-12-2009, 6:30 PM
Went there this last weekend. More riders than shooters. Friday night wind was about 35mph, Saturday was about 5mph, really nice.

Capt. Speirs
03-12-2009, 7:22 PM
PM me GPS coordinates please.

11Z50
03-12-2009, 7:26 PM
11Z50, if you dont mind me asking , what type of ToyHauler did you get? Was there a good discount?
Just curious, i have been looking for a while.I would like to get rid of my dirt bikes and get a four seat Chenowth buggy. i have been to Barstow OHV area evidently there are places to shoot out there as well.A little ridin,a little shootin, GOOD TIMES in IMHO.

It's a 2009 Coachmen Blast 170 MPH (21') with the platinum finish. I got it for around 16 OTD, to include mating my 06 Tahoe to the trailer. That's about 7K off the original inflated MSRP, but I liked it and took it over a smaller unit at the same price. This will provide me a trailer light enough to easily tow with my Tahoe, but will give me ample storage space for my ammo, guns, ATV and other necessities.