PDA

View Full Version : where has all the ammo gone..

hitandmiss1988
03-11-2009, 9:54 PM
i know we are at war and 9mm has gone up in price becuase of that but damn i cant find a decent website online with any real amount of ammo instock...and ive read that walmarts sell out thanks to fellow calgunners buying all it up...plus my countys walmarts dont even sell ammo so i ask you..where has all the ammo gone

AndrewMendez
03-11-2009, 9:56 PM
Its actually gotten better then it was a couple weeks ago! Little by little! What websites have you tried?

Futurecollector
03-11-2009, 9:56 PM
In my safe :thumbsup:

HappyG
03-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Through my barrel. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AlexBreya
03-11-2009, 10:04 PM
I'n not so sure the war has to do with a shortage of 9mm? its mostly because people are hording it all. people are buying it all up before bans/SHTF or before the prices get any higher.

Seed
03-11-2009, 10:11 PM
It has to do with the new Administration we have in place in our Government. Panic buying and such. It also has to do with the economy. People hunker down during a recession, stay in with their families, crime is bound to increase as unemployment rises and people get desparate. We're burrowing in for some uncertain times thus we protect ourselves.

I hear this is suppsed to pass and gun and ammo prices will drop in the next couple months. I am not so sure that will be true.

That's my take.

-Seed

Quiet
03-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I agree gun/ammo shortage/back orders are due to panic buying from people worried about what the current administration is going to do and every new piece of anti-gun legislation being introduced/talked about & media reporting of gun violence, is keeping the panic buying going.

eccvets
03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
time to reload baby!

bbguns44
03-11-2009, 11:29 PM
What shortage ? Plenty of web sites with ammo in stock.
Just no cheap ammo. Forget the .10/rd days. Plenty at .50/rd.

3GunFunShooter
03-12-2009, 4:37 AM
I'm stocking up.

BLC
03-12-2009, 6:23 AM
What shortage ? Plenty of web sites with ammo in stock.
Just no cheap ammo. Forget the .10/rd days. Plenty at .50/rd.

Well I sure cant find what I need at the dozen or so placed I shop. How about a list?

Zion Lion
03-12-2009, 6:24 AM
I hear this is suppsed to pass and gun and ammo prices will drop in the next couple months. I am not so sure that will be true.

That's my take.

-Seed

Yea I doubt it will go down. Dont forget about the new sales tax that will take effect April 1, 2009.

maxicon
03-12-2009, 8:40 AM
There's been a pattern the last few months. You can always find ammo at high prices, but the reasonably priced ammo comes in waves.

A batch will come in to various online shops, the ones that aren't gouging, and will last a day to a week before being sold out.

You have to keep an eye out at the major sites, or call Walmart regularly.

Here's a website that shows who has reasonably priced ammo. When it's available, don't waffle and consider, just order some up. If you get too much, you can always get your money back on it here. When you find a good deal that's not listed on the site, add it - this is how the system works!

http://gun-deals.com/ammo

zman
03-12-2009, 8:48 AM
1. More guns sold = more ammo needed
2. Ammo/gun ban/restrictions scare = more ammo needed
3. Cali sales tax increase by Apr 1 = more ammo needed :p

GrizzAwoken
03-12-2009, 9:29 AM
Yea I doubt it will go down. Dont forget about the new sales tax that will take effect April 1, 2009.

What new sales tax?

*btw swears he doesn't live under a rock* :D

Zion Lion
03-12-2009, 9:33 AM
What new sales tax?

*btw swears he doesn't live under a rock* :D

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=161948

bohoki
03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
my hypothesis is that when times get tough the full auto owners sell some of their collection that sits in their safe often unused but upon sale the new owner uses it a lot driving up the demand and when people see prices slowly rising they stock up that causes more demand like a run on a bank

mcsoupman
03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I wonder why your Walmart doesn't sell it. Maybe make a request to them to sell. Is there another one close to where you travel? I have 3 or 4 local Fresno Co. ones that I call depending on where I am at and then decide if I need a detour.

hitandmiss1988
03-12-2009, 1:09 PM
no they dont sell it becuase of political reasons...no matter how much we complain it aint gunna happen...and i dont know about paying 50cents/rd but i'd pay 20cents/rd happily..and ive check ablesammo, midwayusa, outdoorsmanwarehouse, cabelas and cheaperthandirt...all are pretty much tapped out...

RobG
03-12-2009, 1:17 PM
i know we are at war and 9mm has gone up in price becuase of that but damn i cant find a decent website online with any real amount of ammo instock...and ive read that walmarts sell out thanks to fellow calgunners buying all it up...plus my countys walmarts dont even sell ammo so i ask you..where has all the ammo gone

First, where are you located? Second, where have you been? Everyone is selling ammo, guns, reloading supplies, etc., at phenomenal rates post election. Lately my local WM have had decent supplies. Of course this depends on what you are looking for. Look here, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=139848
for frequent updates. You may have to travel a bit for decent deals.

epic4444
03-12-2009, 6:49 PM
concord...alameda and contra costa walmarts dont sell it and our big5 never have good stock