PDA

View Full Version : Parts Kits?

devjunk762
10-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I've been seeing alot of cheap parts kits avaiable for the FAL and AK variants, and was wondering if these are legal to own in CA? That is, if the parts kits didn't include the receiver or magazine? It seems to me that they are legal to bring into the state, but I always triple check any CA gun law- they can be pretty confusing.

The whole reason I'm asking is that I'm defecting to another state next year, but would like to buy a parts kit for a FAL and AK before they become harder to find.

Thank you for your answers!

-devjunk

Charliegone
10-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Don't worry as long as the kit contains no high cap mags or the receiver you are fine. Just remember if you are going to convert it to semi-auto do it before you get the receiver or do "some" parts, specifically the trigger parts.

Mike
10-21-2005, 11:40 AM
The whole reason I'm asking is that I'm defecting to another state next year, but would like to buy a parts kit for a FAL and AK before they become harder to find.

-devjunk

To be honest, I'd have already jumped on those if I were you. There were quite a few parts kits available at the last show I went to in Charlotte, but one vendor had sold out of $80 parts kits within the first couple of hours. Others were selling them for 90-100, and they were definitely moving them. Thanks to the BATFE, you are not going to see much more (KITS) coming into the US. :mad:

C.G.
10-21-2005, 11:51 AM
To be honest, I'd have already jumped on those if I were you. There were quite a few parts kits available at the last show I went to in Charlotte, but one vendor had sold out of $80 parts kits within the first couple of hours. Others were selling them for 90-100, and they were definitely moving them. Thanks to the BATFE, you are not going to see much more (KITS) coming into the US. :mad:

Exactly. I don't know about AK kits, but FAL kits are $250 to $350 now.

6172crew
10-22-2005, 8:31 PM
Grab as many kits as you can, the jig is up; Feds have figued out another way to wreck a junk yard.

Really, Ive bought kits that may be no good but who knows maybe a semi-auto swedish k pistol can be made in the future. If your looking at kits Ive bought from Sarco Inc, DSA, GunPartsGuy.com and MilitaryGunsSupply.com

The AK's, Uzi's, and 1919's seem like hot kits right now.;)