PDA

View Full Version : confused

gibbygoo
03-11-2009, 5:29 PM
So what does it mean when you sell a couple guns to buy new guns and can't bring yourself to spend the cash? I thought I wanted a Glock 19 and a DW CBOB. The Glock is in stock at the LGS. :confused:

<edit>don't miss the guns as I didn't really care that much for them.</edit>

<edit2>maybe I just need a bigger safe :)</edit2>

Arteel
03-11-2009, 5:35 PM
It means you wanted something you could'nt have at that moment so badly that you sold some things, and when that time came you could actually afford what you wanted, you didn't want it as bad and maybe you noticed other options started looking pretty good. Just my theory lol.

hawk1
03-11-2009, 5:37 PM
constipated?:p

B Strong
03-11-2009, 5:38 PM
So what does it mean when you sell a couple guns to buy new guns and can't bring yourself to spend the cash? I thought I wanted a Glock 19 and a DW CBOB. The Glock is in stock at the LGS. :confused:

It might mean that you didn't fully think things through before you sold the guns you had in hand.

What's holding you back? there must be something you're thinking about, sellers remorse?

gibbygoo
03-11-2009, 5:39 PM
constipated?:p
I know for sure that isn't it. I'm regular. :p

JTROKS
03-11-2009, 5:40 PM
It's premature buyer's remorse. :D

gibbygoo
03-11-2009, 5:42 PM
maybe anticipating buyers remorse. I have refined my little collection to what I think I want now. I guess I need to just go rent the Glock again. It's been a year since I shot one. I had an XD and it was blah. I think each time I shoot my 1911, everything else seems so mediocre.

gibbygoo
03-11-2009, 5:45 PM
It's premature buyer's remorse. :D

ding ding ding ding ding

JTecalo
03-11-2009, 5:53 PM
a symptom of antigunitis, a disabling chronic disease that leads to rapid mental deterioration.

treatment involves prolonged immersion in firearm related activities. Family and friends should be involved in treatment to expedite full patient recovery.

Squidward
03-11-2009, 5:54 PM
Dr. Squidward says it is "Midlife transition"

This is a natural stage that happens usually at about age 40, give or take 20 years ;).Midlife transition can include:

Discontentment or boredom with life or with the lifestyle (including guns) that have provided fulfillment for a long time.
Feeling restless and wanting to do something completely different. Like selling old guns to finance new guns.

Reading between your lines it appears there is some hesitation on buying the Glock but not on the DW. Although I'm a Glock-guy, you can't go wrong with a 1911 .45...

Full disclosure: I am not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But if anyone in TV land likes what I wrote, I would consider a lucrative TV contract as a doctor on a prime time series...

maxicon
03-12-2009, 8:50 AM
Here's what to do.

Take the money, stick it aside, and that's your new-gun kitty.

Go to a gun shop at least once a week. See what they've got. Handle stuff, check out used guns, and keep an open mind.

At some point, something will speak to you and you'll know it's the one.

Repeat as necessary.

Black Majik
03-12-2009, 8:53 AM
Here's what to do.

Go to a gun shop at least once a week. See what they've got. Handle stuff, check out used guns, and keep an open mind.

Repeat as necessary.

Excellent answer. +1 :thumbsup:

gibbygoo
03-12-2009, 4:57 PM
Here's what to do.

Repeat as necessary.
That's exactly what I've been doing. :thumbsup: