PDA

View Full Version : Listing your guns in your signature...

One Shot, One Dropped
03-11-2009, 3:34 PM
I have always thought about being like so many other people on this board and posting a description of my current collection (or at least a few key parts) in my signature, but I don't quite see the point. Sure, many people like to show off, but many of those same people spend time posting about how Old Bill is reading these forums for the ATF or whatever. They, supposedly, watch what they say, but then list what they have for everyone to see.

As a side note, I have update a few of my guns (added some and modified some), but I can't seem to find the time (even in the last six months) to post updated pictures or threads about "look what I just picked up!" (Now, to think back on it, it might have something to do with someone stealing my D-SLR).

Anyways, I was just curious as to whether we all should post that (take the time to choose what's worthwhile), and I felt like starting a new thread, and I felt like ranting a little.

So, yeah, that's it...

PolishMike
03-11-2009, 3:35 PM
and the point of this thread is....?

Backcountry
03-11-2009, 3:38 PM
Bandwidth and boredom.

JDoe
03-11-2009, 3:40 PM

:p

...I felt like starting a new thread, and I felt like ranting a little.

:thumbsup:

Black Majik
03-11-2009, 3:44 PM
I don't see signatures anymore, but I used to find the collection inventoried in a signature annoying. Especially if they're listed vertically instead of horizontally it takes up too much space every time they post in a thread.

I do notice it's usually new members with a couple of guns in their collection that post it up. Can you imagine if it was Ivananimal, Quarterboregunner or scombs23 who decided to post their inventory in their singature? :D

The SoCal Gunner
03-11-2009, 4:04 PM
I don't see signatures anymore, but I used to find the collection inventoried in a signature annoying. Especially if they're listed vertically instead of horizontally it takes up too much space every time they post in a thread.

+1. Look at Sigforum.

Black Majik
03-11-2009, 4:25 PM
+1. Look at Sigforum.

LOL. I actually remember making a thread over there in the "Pitch your *****" section about this very subject. It was horrible over there.

One Shot, One Dropped
03-11-2009, 4:33 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, JDoe! I was pretty sure I put that in there, and I was just wondering what everyone else felt (should have put a poll ("Do you think people should list their guns in their signature?")).

chickenfried
03-11-2009, 4:37 PM
I'm betting you call a fridge an icebox.
Old Bill is reading these forums

NRAhighpowershooter
03-11-2009, 5:42 PM
I would never list my fireams in my sig line.. mainly because it would take 6 pages to list them all............ :p

NotSoFast
03-11-2009, 9:05 PM
Didja notice that not one post has a list in their sig line? :D

yellowfin
03-11-2009, 9:10 PM
I suppose to some extent one's choice of guns might tell you a little bit about their tastes and thus about them.

bombadillo
03-11-2009, 9:44 PM
Yeah, UCLAplinker, post up all your guns, it sounds like you have a ton!!!!

One Shot, One Dropped
03-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm betting you call a fridge an icebox.

Only when I want to sound cool on the online...

One Shot, One Dropped
03-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Didja notice that not one post has a list in their sig line? :D

I think they are too intimidated to post with that still on there (either they just avoid the thread or delete it before posting...)

Timberwolf
03-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah like I'm going to post such a list on a public form . . . next

Freagan
03-12-2009, 2:38 AM
hahaha One Shot your sig is one of the funniest ive seen in a while

AaronHorrocks
03-12-2009, 7:47 AM
I used to list my airsoft guns in my sig on airsoft forums, but it just ended up getting out of control.

I don't even know how many real guns I own anymore. I should probably go through all my safes and locked containers and write them all down somewhere. Then again, updating the list would suck when I buy and sell. :confused:

zman
03-12-2009, 9:05 AM
I can see it useful in a manufacturer-specific forum. Say I see user123 has a Sig 888x then I could PM him for some feedback or something for that particular gun.

mk3mitch
03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Wheres Alexbreya at? I know he has a list of firearms in his Sig. haha

AngelDecoys
03-12-2009, 10:10 AM
I'd actually be more amused to see someone list the number of full safes they own (over a list of firearms).

acegunnr
03-12-2009, 10:42 AM
^
haha we must have posted at the same time!

Maybe we should just list the number of safes and their capacity in our sigs?

nochance
03-12-2009, 10:52 AM
And it's always great when you're doing a search for information about a specific piece of hardware and you have to sift through 1500 posts from one user who has that item in their sig file! heh, not complaining about anyone here, but I have run into this on other forums.

tombinghamthegreat
03-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Whoever said we posted all of our guns in our sig?;)

JamesY
03-12-2009, 2:32 PM
I also don't understand why people do this. Same goes for airsoft/car/truck/fishing/hunting/camera forums. That's fine that they have what they have but I really DGAF. On forums where I have the option, I usually just disable the signature feature anyway. I only turn it on for a few min when people make a big deal out of xxxxxx's sig line.

One last thing that I ABSOLUTELY HATE: people that post pics of their stuff for sale with a pic of their FEET!!! Wear some damn socks or shoes, especially if you have some dirty ***** carpet!

-hanko
03-12-2009, 2:37 PM
It sounds to me like lack of self-esteemor maybe just immaturity..."They'll show me respect if I have a bunch of guns...":confused:

Equally moronic are the FS posts in sig lines...put it on the For Sale forum.

-hanko

MacDaddy
03-12-2009, 3:03 PM
ure, many people like to show off, but many of those same people spend time posting about how Old Bill is reading these forums for the ATF or whatever.

Similarly, the CIA has a stake in FaceBook (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=cia+facebook&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8), and many other businesses (http://www.iqt.org/technology-portfolio/index-alphabetical.html). Fascinating.

I better watch my back now.

chickenfried
03-12-2009, 3:06 PM
Pretty good use of sig line if you ask me. I don't do it cause I'm too lazy to keep on switching around sigs.

Equally moronic are the FS posts in sig lines...put it on the For Sale forum.

-hanko

Matt C
03-12-2009, 3:18 PM
I used to have that back when I was a noob, now I have now too many to fit.

Saigon1965
03-12-2009, 3:20 PM
Yep - Useful - Everyone sees it all time -

Pretty good use of sig line if you ask me. I don't do it cause I'm too lazy to keep on switching around sigs.

Saigon1965
03-12-2009, 3:21 PM
Put a link to it -

I used to have that back when I was a noob, now I have now too many to fit.