PDA

View Full Version : Beware ammoexperts.com, possible Scam Site

dac41
03-11-2009, 4:17 PM
I have a knack for digging up the most obscure sites on the web and finding things that are out of stock everywhere else. I came across 'ammoexperts' the other day and I think they are likely a scammer website.

They have all brands of 7.62 and .556/223 in stock, even privi partizan cases. This seemed to good to be true. There is no phone contact, and the site seems to be put up rather hastily.

But this is what clinched it for me and made me really suspicious.

"With todays economy and ammo prices on the rise we feel the need to try and relieve your wallet as much as we can. "

I would bet they do! haha

Watch out, I do not trust this site and it would be a shame for anyone to lose their hard earned dollars to some *****s looking to take advantage of the market.

bountyhunter
03-11-2009, 4:20 PM
I would also be wary of "brand new" ammo sites popping up. The current wave of ammo hysteria is a perfect setup for scammers.

Jpach
03-11-2009, 4:22 PM
Ya I thought I got scammed once buying a scope mount for my AK at some odd optic place. I make the order, cant figure out what was taking so long for it to get to me and when I went back on the website to ask them...NO CONTACT INFO!!!! I soon got the mount and it was actually nicer than the other mounts from Belarus that I had seen and at a better price so I was pretty happy.

Maybe someone will chime in with info about these ammoexperts, they could be in the same boat as the random optic people that I got my mount from.

Bobotheclown
03-11-2009, 6:49 PM
Whois Record

Domain Name.......... ammoexperts.com
Creation Date........ 2009-01-14
Registration Date.... 2009-01-14
Expiry Date.......... 2010-01-14
Organisation Name.... Tristan Schwalbach
Organisation Address. P O Box 99800
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. EmeryVille
Organisation Address. 94662
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

timdps
03-11-2009, 7:45 PM
Google: Tristan Schwalbach

Does not look good....

tim

818gtiguy
03-11-2009, 7:50 PM
Thanks for looking out for your fellow Calgunners....This site is for sure a scam IMO.....

B Strong
03-11-2009, 7:55 PM
Lookee here:

http://br.tradeholding.com/default.cgi/action/viewtradeleads/tradeleadid/226682/subject/Small_arms_ammunition/

biscuitninja
03-11-2009, 7:59 PM
I bow to your to your superior Google FU!

BigDogatPlay
03-11-2009, 8:10 PM
This guy is like a rash... he's everywhere. There's at least one Audi person who is seriously looking for him. Interesting he appears to be operating in Bellevue, WA and trying to buy phones, ammo, car parts etc. all over the world, yet uses a PO box in Emeryville to reg his domain.

ETA... Was I the only person who found that name as a 1997 elementary school grad?

bplvr
03-11-2009, 9:25 PM
This guy is like a rash... he's everywhere. There's at least one Audi person who is seriously looking for him. Interesting he appears to be operating in Bellevue, WA and trying to buy phones, ammo, car parts etc. all over the world, yet uses a PO box in Emeryville to reg his domain.

ETA... Was I the only person who found that name as a 1997 elementary school grad?

I saw it to ...and his home address phone and fax number. Seems like he wants to buy LARGE quantities of ammo. Perhaps one of the CGN LEO's can 'arrange' for WA. PD to sell him a couple of pallets ....real cheap.
as WA is already looking for him. {and his brother's name is John}

The site is down do to an "error"

Seesm
03-11-2009, 9:50 PM
Looks a little funky... WHY can't people spent all the time they spend trying to mess with people just working? They would be HIGHLY suscessful for sure if they same amount of time was put in...

devildog999
03-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Sounds like a scam to me. If an online business has no phone number, I wouldn't even think about attempting a purchase.

old-trapper
03-11-2009, 11:34 PM
got scammed on cheaper than dirt listing board for 230.00 ....dont buy from guys with bad contact info or no history...plain and simple

TommyGun
03-12-2009, 2:30 AM
Looks like the guy just graduated from high school in 2005.

trinydex
03-12-2009, 10:02 AM
is this going to be one of those epic internet winz where forum members out a scammer and post his info all over the internet?

818gtiguy
03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
check this out guys...this guy is 21 yrs old and has SEVERAL types of fraudulent businesses...scamming people left and right.. http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/224675/Be_Careful_of_this_FRAUD_company_Xenon_Zone_Inc_.h tm?va=0&page=

viras
03-12-2009, 12:08 PM
check this out guys...this guy is 21 yrs old and has SEVERAL types of fraudulent businesses...scamming people left and right.. http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/224675/Be_Careful_of_this_FRAUD_company_Xenon_Zone_Inc_.h tm?va=0&page=

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I love the link!

All people must be careful of this company, never do business with them. We never found American white people like this guy before, really !!