PDA

View Full Version : Holsters

mcsoupman
03-11-2009, 3:50 PM
Several Questions

Do you own a holster for every handgun you own? I see the benefits especially if you are at the range to have one for at least my primary HG.

Is their a universal, or does it need to be tailored to the gun?

I have a Sig Trailside with no holster. Where can I find one on the lower price side?

Thaks in advance :D

paintballergb
03-11-2009, 4:38 PM
Yes I do.............buttttt.....I only have one handgun lol. I wouldn't buy anything that claims it's universal. I would purchase a holster for every handgun I owned if I owned more.

mcsoupman
03-11-2009, 4:54 PM
you been to the sheriff range off of herdon? I heard it was a good place.

HCz
03-11-2009, 7:09 PM
Not all, just the ones I shoot often and is most likely to carry if needed.

RedRocket
03-11-2009, 7:23 PM
uncle mikes makes a great holster that will fit all types of guns...

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/sidekick_ambidextrous_hip_holsters.html

check out the fit chart.....

personally i like the Blackhawk serpas.. about 25 bucks online and they are gun specific..

savs2k
03-11-2009, 7:51 PM
i have 2 universal generic holsters and fir my glock pretty snug. my main holster is a serpa blackhawk for my 1911. love it to death

mcsoupman
03-11-2009, 8:32 PM
Thanks for the link. Not sure where I would rate my Trailside based on that scale. Anyone have an idea? Mine is the 4" barrel.

SammyL
03-11-2009, 8:37 PM
http://www.theholsterstore.com/servlet/StoreFront

try those guys they ship pretty quick and are gun specific holsters i have one for my xd and love it great quality leather holster and will only probably set you back less then 50 or so

NiteQwill
03-11-2009, 8:56 PM
Yes, I have a holster for every gun. :) I use Comp-tac and Safariland almost exclusively.

Personally, I like holsters that "fit" the gun snugly.

RedRocket
03-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the link. Not sure where I would rate my Trailside based on that scale. Anyone have an idea? Mine is the 4" barrel.

I have a size 5 for my full size 1911.. I bought it at turners... to check the fit the sales person let me put one of the display guns in it...