PDA

View Full Version : Florida ccw and Hurricane Wilma

dwtt
10-25-2005, 6:39 PM
I have a feeling that the lawlessness seen in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina won't be found in southern Florida even though Wilma did a lot of damage to the state. Conclusions about Florida's CCW laws and laws supporting citizen's rights to self defense are going to be made based on what happens there in the next two weeks. It would be good if the contrast between New Orleans and southern Florida can be used to change some of the antigun laws here in CA.

PanzerAce
10-25-2005, 7:14 PM
I have a feeling that the lawlessness seen in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina won't be found in southern Florida even though Wilma did a lot of damage to the state. Conclusions about Florida's CCW laws and laws supporting citizen's rights to self defense are going to be made based on what happens there in the next two weeks. It would be good if the contrast between New Orleans and southern Florida can be used to change some of the antigun laws here in CA.

*prays that hell freezes and that pigs learn to fly*

seriously though, I doubt that even those two extremes (assuming Florida does as you say) wont be able to change the opinions of many people in California. On the other hand, on the off chance that it does....

*hopes pigs learn to fly fast*

mblat
10-26-2005, 12:43 PM
One shouldn't assume that violence ( or luck of it ) is solely due to CCW rules. I think make up of the population is bigger factor.
After all we didn't see too much trouble in New York during last blackout....