PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from SIG today

rp55
03-10-2009, 8:12 PM
So I'm home making lunch and the phone rings. Caller ID says "SIGARMS" and I start thinking "what are they calling for?" Then I start worrying "they're recalling." So I pick up the phone. Very polite gentleman says "Hi, I'm **** from SIG Sauer and we just now got around to processing your warranty card (from my first SIG bought new last Nov.) and we were calling to see how your pistol is doing. I am amazed. We chat about my guns and SIGs for awhile he tells me they're having a sale on accessories and wishes me a nice day. Does SIG always do that? I have been buying guns since 1976 and always send in the warranty registration and have never once been contacted by the manufacturer. SIG went way up as a company in my opinion after that.

bwiese
03-10-2009, 8:17 PM
Are you sure that was really Sig?

Or maybe something related to ATF inspection making sure you had the gun?

:)

snowdog650
03-10-2009, 9:29 PM
They called me as well.

JTROKS
03-10-2009, 9:32 PM
They called me as well.

Who the ATF?

:D

halifax
03-10-2009, 9:52 PM
Sounds like a sales call. By sending in the warranty card, they now have an established business relationship with you. They can legally call you to sell you things. No different than AT&T, NRA, CC companies, etc.

I hate unsolicited phone calls no matter who they're from. :mad:

Sam
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
what's a "warranty card" you speak of? I thought all that paperwork was just some lawyer speak so I threw it in the shredder. ;)

Alvin Tostig
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
I got the call too... the young lady on the other end convinced me that I needed 2 more mags.

SNEAKS
03-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I got the call twice also. Its just a sales call. When I told them what I was interested in they said those products are not on sale but they have plenty of other stuff (overstock) at a great deal.

stormy_clothing
03-11-2009, 1:21 PM
I also got a call and told them that I would longer be buying sig sauer firearms after my local dealer started charging double what they were paying for 556 rifles.

So they agreed to send me 10 free and a pot of lucky charms :D

hawk1
03-11-2009, 1:54 PM
Whoever gets the next call, be sure and ask as to when will they get off their *** and start selling repair parts for the Sig 556.

Not uppers or lowers, but springs, firing pins, etc...

B Strong
03-11-2009, 5:08 PM

Bill, you really know how to hurt a guy.

12voltguy
03-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Whoever gets the next call, be sure and ask as to when will they get off their *** and start selling repair parts for the Sig 556.

Not uppers or lowers, but springs, firing pins, etc...

ASK WHEN THE RIMFIRE 522 IS GOING TO BE OUT:D

Gnome
03-11-2009, 11:12 PM

Sorry B, but just a little :TFH:

tonelar
03-11-2009, 11:33 PM
they havent changed their caller ID name yet...
Sigarms is no more actually.

The US distributor did a name change from Sigarms to SigSAUER last year.