PDA

View Full Version : All the News Stories Involving Guns / Shootings

BroncoBob
03-10-2009, 7:32 PM
Is it me or is there a lot of news stories lately regarding guns and or shootings? Seems like a whole lot more then normal.

gunpower500
03-10-2009, 7:40 PM
Yea there are the church shooting on sunday and the Alabama shooting that just in today. The economy must be getting into people's head. These incidents are looking pretty bad, especially the Alabama's one.

USN CHIEF
03-10-2009, 7:45 PM
Yes because they know that guns is a big issue in America right now. They want to create conflict to see what Mr. Obamas' Administration is going to do about all the lil puppies that get kill. They know what they are doing. It will not be very long before the 2nd amendment gets attacked by the new Administration. I say maybe 1 or 2 years from now or as soon as the economy gets back on track.

Jesse996r
03-10-2009, 7:46 PM
Also news on Mexico, and boarder states with gun violence.I belive they are trying to scare the general public IMO.

The SoCal Gunner
03-10-2009, 7:49 PM
I really don't think there are more stories because guns are a hot topic now... a church shooting and a 10 person massacre are usually enough to get into the news.

rumble phish
03-10-2009, 8:13 PM
Yes because they know that guns is a big issue in America right now. They want to create conflict to see what Mr. Obamas' Administration is going to do about all the lil puppies that get kill. They know what they are doing. It will not be very long before the 2nd amendment gets attacked by the new Administration. I say maybe 1 or 2 years from now or as soon as the economy gets back on track.

I agree with you on 99% of what you posted.

The only part I disagree with is that I think it'll be more like 4-6 months (maybe less) from now when they launch an all out assault (no pun intended) the Second Amendment. He's got Holder on the case and Holder already let it "slip" that they are looking to enforce a new ban.

SmokinMr2
03-10-2009, 8:14 PM
I really don't think there are more stories because guns are a hot topic now... a church shooting and a 10 person massacre are usually enough to get into the news.

I think it's just a hot topic as well.
I doubt there are any more actual incidences than usual.

rumble phish
03-10-2009, 8:14 PM

I just find it odd that these shooting start popping up now. Almost on cue..... almost.

Now where did I put my tinfoil hat? :TFH:

gunpower500
03-10-2009, 8:56 PM
I can see the future of gun control now... We will follow the Mexican government and strictly enforce our gun control. Then when we have thugs shooting up our street we can start blaming it on Cuba for supplying the thugs guns.:D

gazzavc
03-10-2009, 9:56 PM
Well here is a link to an article on the BBC of all places comparing what Brits here in the US have been saying for years !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7359513.stm

Quiet
03-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Standard operating procedure...
Need to report more mass shootings, in order to get anti-gun legislation moving.

Nodda Duma
03-11-2009, 6:46 AM
Maybe more crazies are ticked off now that Obama was elected?

-Jason

rumble phish
03-11-2009, 6:58 AM
^ even in Germany

Turbinator
03-11-2009, 7:07 AM
Standard operating procedure...
Need to report more mass shootings, in order to get anti-gun legislation moving.

I've noticed the reports as well, and am wondering if the media is just picking up on these more, or what? I tend to think that the economy is doing strange things to people who normally wouldn't have gone off the deep end.

Turby

gunpower500
03-11-2009, 7:36 AM
its been almost a week straight that the new chanels been broadcasting gun violent... Even in Germany, where they have the most strict regulation in Europe been hit with the "gone postal" flu. :52:

Man, I wish i have CCW so i can protect myself in case someone decide to go postal near where i live.

vinny_land
03-11-2009, 8:08 AM
Its all one big coup from Obama to take our guns away!!!

PatriotnMore
03-11-2009, 8:14 AM
Remember, never waste a good crisis? I think we are in full swing.

However, I would put forward that the gunman could have been stopped had just one person had a gun to defend with. If all would have been carrying, the results could have been much different.

Jbox
03-11-2009, 8:37 AM

I'm sure if gun control was not the "hot button" issue it is right now a massacre of 10 people wouldn't have made the news.....

P.S.-They were not lil puppies they were human's you know living people that were shot and killed for no apparent reason...

Jbox
03-11-2009, 8:51 AM
Its all one big coup from Obama to take our guns away!!!

My bad

vinny_land
03-11-2009, 8:56 AM
Its a joke.

As more gun related stories come out...sooner or later the Obama administration is gong to take action and recognize its a huge problem.

Jbox
03-11-2009, 9:02 AM
Its a joke.

As more gun related stories come out...sooner or later the Obama administration is gong to take action and recognize its a huge problem.

My bad it's getting harder and harder to distinguish the normal people from some of the lunatics here.

tcrpe
03-11-2009, 9:50 AM

Cause + Effect

That's why the stories are coming out.

Nothing happens in a vacuum.

thatrogue
03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
"Shock Doctrine" Not just for the pages of history people. He will do what he believes his political clout will allow. The reason everything has been rammed down our throat is because sooner rather than later he will lose most of that clout + the will of the people hence be less effective. Untill there is an event to capitalize upon, bogus or real to institute pre-crafted legislation... ala Patriot act 1 sweeping pass for AWB blah blah blah. :TFH::rant:

Monte
03-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Well here is a link to an article on the BBC of all places comparing what Brits here in the US have been saying for years !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7359513.stm

Nice find. I'll have to share that with a few folks I know.

p7m8jg
03-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey, once they got their guy in office, the liberal-leftist-media is now turning to their next crusade - banning guns.

I don't subscribe to our local paper anymore...

Jbox
03-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey, once they got their guy in office, the liberal-leftist-media is now turning to their next crusade - banning guns.

I don't subscribe to our local paper anymore...

Now I understand!!!!! This dude was a liberal plant on a mission to get all your guns taken and that's why he killed those 12 people. Man those liberals are a sneaky bunch and will stop at nothing to take your guns....

tcrpe
03-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Now I understand!!!!! This dude was a liberal plant on a mission to get all your guns taken and that's why he killed those 12 people. Man those liberals are a sneaky bunch and will stop at nothing to take your guns....

UUuuummmm, he wasn't referring to the shooter, rather the media and their incessant coverage.

And yes, the media is full of liberal plants . . . . .

Jbox
03-11-2009, 10:45 AM
UUuuummmm, he wasn't referring to the shooter, rather the media and their incessant coverage.

And yes, the media is full of liberal plants . . . . .

The media covers everything incessantly that will get people to watch Octomom, Phelps hitting the bong, Brittney's legal troubles the list goes on and on and on....Even when GW was president if something like this happened which it did the media coverage was non-stop its not a symptom of liberal media its a symptom of a country addicted to TV.

Obviously a Plant
03-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Help me with this algebra, Obama + Presidency + 200 million guns + (What?) = Conspiracy to abolish the 2nd amendment?

So that unknown quantity is the Media? Crazy Democrats? Lousy Economy? People using those guns against other citizens?

The cause and effect eludes me when people say these reports are broadcast more often (not just loudly) because of gun control interests.

The tragedies have happened. I promise you if a car accident happens to kill a dozen people, the nation will hear about it. Gun violence is even more sensational because it happens less often, and there is the notion that it would be preventable if guns were illegal... like Mexico.

vrylak
03-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Well, the irresponsible mainstream media has a job to keep brainwashing the American public that firearms equate to violence and that the government is their only source of protection amongst themselves. They'll keep this up as if they've graduated from "Joseph Goebbels' school of journalism."

Come to think of it, actually the media could be one of the primary sources of violence in the US, subjecting the people with constant barrage of crimes and violence reporting in broadcast and print media. Motivating copycats and disensitized ciitzens.

I believe true journalism died a very long time ago.

M1A Rifleman
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM

I agree, this is part of it. The other part is that people are on edge and it does not take much to send someone over the falls due to fears about the poor economy, growing unemployment, mortgage problems and fears of loosing their homes, and the draining of life savings (401/457 plans)

DisgruntledReaper
03-11-2009, 2:38 PM
There has been a shooting in Germany also..like 12 people...another pissed off student....FOR FUUUUUUKS SAKE!-Seems like whenever there is an election,new administration,economic crap going on I SWEAR there are 'sleepers' turned on to prove one thing or another in order to further a particular agenda...in this case gun control....

Like the Amish incident last year, school shootings, work shootings......it does seem like it happens 'on Q' ......almost like there are some PRO DEMMI/PRO Gun Control/Pro Liberal type of 'extremist' or 'militant' ready to do whatever needed ot 'help the cause' --hey if they are dead then there can be no counter point,confession,etc

I know it sounds nutty bUT............

Just makes me cringe and go 'not again'....these characters need to take themselves out and leave the other people alone.... OR if there WERE and LAW ABIDING Citizens carrying...then the perp WOULD NOT complete their 'task'

Whose tag line is it...'when seconds count the cops are only minutes away".....

rumble phish
03-11-2009, 3:54 PM
Well, the guy in Ark was reported as using an SKS and a Bushmaster. They mentioned these two BY NAME, not just as AW. Interesting spin by the liberal media to hype up the new ban. Just pumping fuel onto Holder's fire.

Funny thing is, anyone could go out and do the same kind of damage with a couple of .22's with 15 round tubular magazines. Does it really matter what he used? I guess to the liberal media it does. Sensationalizing the story for more readers/impact.