PDA

View Full Version : I need some new friends...

IStern
03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm in the process of purchasing an awesome ar15 from a member here (Sephy) and, as it turns out, my roommates and most of my friends in the bay area believe that the rifle will come alive in the middle of the night and eat small children and massacre the neighborhood :confused:

Good thing I have a buddy in Livermore who also shoots, and is willing to store it for me.

Just need to vent :mad:

HotRails
03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Good idea not to share your interests with future roommates. :)

Agustav
03-10-2009, 10:11 AM
They do "come alive in the middle of the night and eat small children and massacre the neighborhood "! I thought this is common knowledge? :43:

hoozaru
03-10-2009, 10:13 AM
at least no puppies were hurt in the process

pwall
03-10-2009, 10:15 AM
you can store it at my house if you like!

IStern
03-10-2009, 10:21 AM
you can store it at my house if you like!

Serious? :D

I live in the sunset and work in san mateo

USN CHIEF
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
man, this is why I love Cal Guns so much. Thank you for looking out for him Pwall.

I have personally stored a few firearms for different cal gunner for various reasons. Is all part of the Cal Guns Family.

Sutcliffe
03-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Take them shooting.
If they don't want to drop the Freud quote on them.

joemama
03-10-2009, 12:12 PM
get a safe to put it in and tell them to screw off and mind their own business.

Snapping Twig
03-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Life is too short to deal with pin heads.

Don't sell yourself short and demand quality friends to share your life with.

Group-think idiots chap my hide.

rc50cal
03-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I agree. Living with roommates can be challenging, but tell them that you will compromise. You will store it unloaded in a locked case and they will stfu.

NSR500
03-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Get yourself a new living situation as soon as it becomes possible. There have been a few Calgunners in the past that have needed roomates in the past. In my opinion it is better to live with like minded folks to avoid drama. Last thing you need in life is a leftist roommate that will report you to the cops for some stupid BS.

gcvt
03-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Show them http://assaultweaponwatch.com/

Bug Splat
03-10-2009, 2:45 PM
Tell them to STFU or you will shoot them:43:

J/K please don't do that:D

Sandman511
03-10-2009, 2:52 PM
Yeah I also get mixed reactions about my rifles......

I have learned to let only a select number of people know about my interests.....

But I feel for you brother !

eccvets
03-10-2009, 2:56 PM
jesus, just dont tell them about it and they wont know about it!

Fate
03-10-2009, 3:01 PM
jesus, just dont tell them about it and they wont know about it!
The first rule of fight club...

ZRX61
03-10-2009, 3:02 PM
Tell them all you're going to a concert & have extra tickets.. then give them tshirts to wear..
http://www.jiggy.com/cat-images-lg/wh0004t-lg.jpg

.. and stop by the range on the way... ;)

IStern
03-10-2009, 3:42 PM
haha, been good friends with my roommates for 10+ years, so I'd rather just sidestep this issue...and I guess you can't really reason with people with phobias.

So...if any kind calgunners in the sf bay area is willing to rent some closet space for a hard case, name your price :thumbsup:

B Strong
03-10-2009, 4:05 PM
I'm in the process of purchasing an awesome ar15 from a member here (Sephy) and, as it turns out, my roommates and most of my friends in the bay area believe that the rifle will come alive in the middle of the night and eat small children and massacre the neighborhood :confused:

Good thing I have a buddy in Livermore who also shoots, and is willing to store it for me.

When you get your rifle, take them to the range. Better to convert them to Second Amendment supporters than write them off.

PonchoTA
03-10-2009, 4:31 PM
Show them http://assaultweaponwatch.com/
I think it's incredibly funny (and ironical!) that they accept donations via PayPal!
:rofl2:

rkt88edmo
03-10-2009, 4:33 PM
fewer children to consume their "more than fair share" of world resources? you're doing it for the good of the planet!

Sam
03-10-2009, 6:51 PM
get a safe to put it in and tell them to screw off and mind their own business.

If you have your own bedroom, it's none of their damn business.

edit: If you share a bedroom, it's still none of their damn business.

MadMex
03-10-2009, 7:14 PM
Golly gee, I wonder who they voted for?

wolf13
03-10-2009, 7:23 PM
You pay rent? If so, put it in that case under your bed.

Blacktail 8541
03-10-2009, 7:34 PM
:haha, been good friends with my roommates for 10+ years, so I'd rather just sidestep this issue...and I guess you can't really reason with people with phobias.

:thumbsup:

Guess you didn't know them as well as you thought. :shrug:

jlh95811
03-10-2009, 7:35 PM
Give the rifle to me.

Problem solved. :thumbsup:

paintballergb
03-10-2009, 7:36 PM
For $50 a month, I'll be your friend. Hell for $100 a month, I'll be your bestest friend. :thumbsup:

bplvr
03-10-2009, 8:11 PM
Why not just kick them all out and move in three 2A friendly smokin' hot foxes . :seeya::clap::yes:

rumble phish
03-10-2009, 8:24 PM
I took my new Mossberg 500 to show my Dad when I got it. My Nephew and his new bride were there. We all piled in my Astro van to go get some after dinner/movie goodies (it was "movie night"). When she saw the 500 in the back she literally started to shake and cry and refuse to even go near the van. I couldn't believe it! So I left there crying and whimpering about the shotgun. Needless to say my Nephew and I have spoken very little since. Oh well, one less uber-liberal to deal with I say...

My sister has a .32 pistol she got years ago and she has never fired it. So I was talking to her about going out to the Livermore Gun club in a couple of weeks to get her comfortable with it. She mentioned this to a few of her co-workers and now we have a "group" shoot happening. All of her "liberal" friends are nervous that I'll have the AR's and the AK out there. I told her to tell them to be very careful around these types of guns as they may spontaneously start to shoot people all by themselves! She's already had two co-workers bow out. :laugh:

quagmiles
03-10-2009, 8:47 PM
Just stomp your feet, yell and cry like a school girl about your roommates trying to take away your rights. The only thing a San Franciscin understands is childish emotional outbursts. Stand up for your self and be a girl!

devildog999
03-10-2009, 8:48 PM
Good idea not to share your interests with future roommates. :)
+1

dodgeit101
03-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm over in Outer Richmond. I told my roommates I'm going to be getting any AR-15. One of them was completely fine with it and thought it was cool that I was exercising my 2nd admendment right. The other one was freaking out but I told him we should go shooting, which calmed him down a bit but he still seems nervous. I'm going to take him pistol shooting this weekend so he won't such a wuss about it.

If you need a place to store it let me know, your over in sunset right? It's kind of close to me. Where in the sunset do you live?

Sam
03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Why not just kick them all out and move in three 2A friendly smokin' hot foxes . :seeya::clap::yes:

can you explain this process in depth?

:Ivan:

dodgeit101
03-10-2009, 10:35 PM

Yeah good luck on that, it's hard enough finding one normal roommate.

Sam
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
I took my new Mossberg 500 to show my Dad when I got it. My Nephew and his new bride were there. We all piled in my Astro van to go get some after dinner/movie goodies (it was "movie night"). When she saw the 500 in the back she literally started to shake and cry and refuse to even go near the van. I couldn't believe it! So I left there crying and whimpering about the shotgun. Needless to say my Nephew and I have spoken very little since. Oh well, one less uber-liberal to deal with I say...

Did you see the show created by the same guy who did the "Supersize me" documentary? There was an episode in which an adamant anti-gunner went to live with a gun loving family in Ohio. They took this lady to shoot some clay pigeons and on her first shot, lost it and started bawling. What a load.

dadoody
03-11-2009, 12:31 AM

I didn't take it from my roommates. Moved my guns in anyways, slowly.

Overtime, my roommates have come to accept them - I've even taken them shooting. Now a days, they're fine with it. They now believe that I am the go-to guy if a SHTF/zombie apocalypse/civil unrest/ event ever happens.

Quiet
03-11-2009, 1:25 AM
My roommate keeps bugging me to clean his shotgun (Mossberg 500).
Apparently, he doesn't know how to dissassemble/assemble it and has never clean it (over 7 years old now). :eek:

Sutcliffe
03-11-2009, 7:23 AM
My roommate keeps bugging me to clean his shotgun (Mossberg 500).
Apparently, he doesn't know how to dissassemble/assemble it and has never clean it (over 7 years old now). :eek:

Shotguns in particular almost never need cleaning. I doubt my brother has ever cleaned his 500.

IllTemperedCur
03-11-2009, 8:09 AM
That's a tough one. Do you own the house? If you're renting, is your name on the lease? If so, tell the roommates to go pound sand (since they're friends, you should probably phrase it a little more diplomatically, but you get the idea).

But if you're renting a room, things get more complicated. The homeowner or lessee has rights too. They have the right to decide what happens in their own home, even to the point of deciding that they don't want firearms in their home at all.

That's one of the trade-offs of renting a room rather than separately renting an apartment or buying a home. Less cost vs. less privacy and the owner having more control of your life.

IStern
03-11-2009, 9:01 AM
Thanks for the support/suggestions guys 8) I'm gonna go with the take them shooting route and see how that goes.

domokun
03-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the support/suggestions guys 8) I'm gonna go with the take them shooting route and see how that goes.

I agree with the guys here. Get a gun locker/cabinet and put the guns inside there so they're "caged" like a zoo animal so the guns won't get out and hurt them while you're away or asleep. ;) Good luck on taking your housemates to the range and don't forget to run through the 4 basic safety rules with them prior to going to the range so they are familiar with it and know how to properly load and clear the firearm.

Rhyyke
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM

GOOD GOD MAN! did not not notice that it was a BLACK RIFLE?? BLACK is the color of bats, shadows, and everything else evil!!! Clearly the power of the dark lord will posses your rifle in the middle of the night and murder the neighborhood, or worse, steal their weed! Quick, send the rifle to me so i can contain its infernal power!

In all seriousness, i've had a similar experience with my AK. Most of my friends are pro-2A, but i rent out one of my rooms to someone i didn't know well from my school. His expression when he saw my "gangster" gun was pretty hilarious. just to be safe, i sat him down and educated him in exactly how it was configured legally (fixed 10 rnd mag, raddlock), just to prevent any problems in the future.