PDA

View Full Version : Marlin .45acp Camp Carbine Question

vietnam1947
03-10-2009, 8:47 AM
I was wanting to buy a 45 acp Camp Carbine by Marline, BUT from what I have read there is a Problem with the stock Breaking where a right handed shooter whould have his right thumb and index finger? Is is common for this to happen, I have also read that the buffers have to be changed about every 200-500 rounds? Thanks, Fred

EZ G
03-10-2009, 9:00 AM
The guns have not been made in awhile and the buffers become hard or brittle. Older ones which have the original buffers MAY be likely to suffer the cracking of a stock IF they do not have their buffers changed out. Too much slamming can (not will) cause stress fracture of the stock.

It is easy to purchase stronger recoil springs and several new buffers and do preventive maintenance. If you find one in good shape and no cracks in the stock and you change the spring and add a new buffer, I think you could go far beyond the 200 to 500 rounds. The issue with the original buffer is primarily age and the plastic getting brittle.

If you have three or so buffers (4 $ or so apiece) you can change them out as soon as you think the buffer is wearing down. Stronger springs will also minimize the damage to the new buffers.

I had one and loved it. Sold it to fund an EBR primarily because I love EBR's : ) and I disliked cleaning the marlin and it's plastic trigger group. I was always a little worried I would melt it on accident.

vietnam1947
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the reply. I will keep this all in mind if I can fine one that fits my budget. Again Thanks, Fred

KimoBBZ
03-10-2009, 11:25 AM
How about a 45acp AR build?

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=56&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

Dirtbiker
03-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I had a Camp 45 carbine and the stock broke in less than 500 rounds. Turner's was kind enough to replace the stock with one off of their display guns and sent that one in for repair.

Seesm
03-10-2009, 5:38 PM
WHat something said NICE about Turners.... WTF?!!!

Walking Fire
03-10-2009, 7:33 PM
Where do we buy new stronger springs and improved buffers?
Thanks, M.

Walking Fire
03-10-2009, 7:39 PM
found a buffer, how about the spring?
http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=196

230grjhp
03-10-2009, 8:02 PM
My Camp 45 went through factory buffers every 200 or so rounds. The buffers get so deteriorated that pieces got into the firing pin channel preventing the gun to fire. I replaced the factory recoil spring (rated at 12 lbs) with Wolff 22 lb ones and got replacement delrin buffers. This setup gave me no problems and the delrin buffer's like new after 600 rounds. Google "delrin buffer for camp carbine". The Camp 45 is one fun gun :)

Walking Fire
03-10-2009, 8:06 PM
My Camp 45 went through factory buffers every 200 or so rounds. The buffers get so deteriorated that pieces got into the firing pin channel preventing the gun to fire. I replaced the factory recoil spring (rated at 12 lbs) with Wolff 22 lb ones and got replacement delrin buffers. This setup gave me no problems and the delrin buffer's like new after 600 rounds. Google "delrin buffer for camp carbine". The Camp 45 is one fun gun :)

Thanks, will do..

230grjhp
03-10-2009, 8:08 PM
It's the same one blackjack buffers sells, by the way. Their buffers are made of delrin.