PDA

View Full Version : Only At Turners...

rocketrod
03-10-2009, 9:39 AM
Imagine my excitement when I read this description: a 20 GA revolver!

"Turner's / Orange / New / Remington 1100 G3 20 Gauge Revolver / NEW $929."

"That'll beat the pants off that Taurus .410 job!" I thought smugly.

Breathlessly, I clicked on the mouse with trembling fingers...

Only to find an old, plain-jane Remington smallbore shotgun...

Oh well.

Fjold
03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Shotguns with revolving cylinders are AWs if I'm not mstaken.

Saigon1965
03-10-2009, 10:42 AM
This has all the sounds of being bad news -

pwall
03-10-2009, 10:50 AM
whats that? Turners sucks? I agree...

hawk1
03-10-2009, 10:58 AM
You should have known yourself that a '20 ga revolver' was a no go in California, but nooo, you'd rather bash Turners for it...:thumbsup:

Seesm
03-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Turners I still o this day never get a replies to why are they so bad...? Let get ALOT of bashing around here, why is THIS?

rc50cal
03-10-2009, 1:26 PM
Turners I still o this day never get a replies to why are they so bad...? Let get ALOT of bashing around here, why is THIS?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't bring this up again. We can't handle another 8 page post filled with the bashing and defending of Turner's.

Maddog5150
03-10-2009, 3:42 PM
Imagine my excitement when I read this description: a 20 GA revolver!

"Turner's / Orange / New / Remington 1100 G3 20 Gauge Revolver / NEW $929."

"That'll beat the pants off that Taurus .410 job!" I thought smugly.

Breathlessly, I clicked on the mouse with trembling fingers...

Only to find an old, plain-jane Remington smallbore shotgun...

Oh well.

Must be nice to be purfect and never make a mistake. Your mother should be very proud of you. Ever thought that maybe the guy entering it in for the internet made a mistake and didnt click right field? No but you would rather be a part of the "cool kids" and jump on the wagon. :thumbsup:

rocketrod
03-11-2009, 7:09 AM
Jeez, guys, I just found it amusing. Yes, the lines are long and the showcase is empty. Yes they are understaffed. Yes it's lousy that they eliminated commission to their sales staff. And yes they are cavalier, and the corporate structure can be remote and unhelpful. And disorganized.

They are THERE. And their prices are fair. So I'm grateful.

But their online ads can be hilarious!

Now- feel free to close this thread and I'll not bring them up again.

Seesm
03-11-2009, 11:34 AM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't bring this up again. We can't handle another 8 page post filled with the bashing and defending of Turner's.

Noooo I am NOt defending or bashing... but I AM curious WHY they get bashed so much? I know no matter who bashes there will always be a poster defending as that is a given.

BUT AGAIN... why do they get BASHED SOOOOO MUCH?

CSACANNONEER
03-11-2009, 3:58 PM
It's an 1100. If you want a Ca legal 20g handgun, get a Lemat Revolver.

tgriffin
03-11-2009, 5:13 PM
It's an 1100. If you want a Ca legal 20g handgun, get a Lemat Revolver.

That hardly counts :-P and those are 16 gauge.

rocketrod
03-17-2009, 9:38 PM
IMO they get bashed primarily due to understaffing, underpaid managers and shortsighted management. I'm close to a number of the guys who work at one location, and they stay due to their love for guns, and despite the meddling from corp. Now, most employees at branch locations disdain corporate management (where I have spent some time myself, tho not at Turner's), so it's all relative. All I know for sure is that if I go there to avial myself of low prices (yes, I know it's a trade, no flaming please), I take a number and then wait 1-2 hours for service.

Also, if you do an out-of-area FFL to FFL transfer, it's a nightmare. Last two I did took 2 months each! Rifles made their way to corporate HQ, then got misdirected in both cases.

There's more, but those are the broad strokes.

And to *anyone* who chooses to accuse me of being perfect and never making mistakes, I would say: who crapped in your beer? I started this post on a light note, making fun (primarily) of MYSELF.

socalgunrunner
03-17-2009, 9:57 PM
And to *anyone* who chooses to accuse me of being perfect and never making mistakes, I would say: who crapped in your beer? I started this post on a light note, making fun (primarily) of MYSELF.

Heck I'm just happy that this thread doesn't have any crybabies posting about how Walmart doesn't have any ammo!

Gunaria
03-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes, yet another Turner's thread.

MikeinnLA
03-17-2009, 10:35 PM
I have shopped at Turner's in Reseda and Pasadena and have been treated well each time.:confused: Flame suit on.:20:

Mike