PDA

View Full Version : glock 26 slide lock lever issue

alc
03-09-2009, 9:20 PM
i just purchased a used g26 and the slide lock lever does not catch the slide when i rack it with a mag. when i rack it and catch it with the lever, it does not release the slide either. in addition, it is much more difficult to rack than my g17. has anyone had this problem? does anyone know of a glock armorer in north orange county? thanks for the help in advance.

paintballergb
03-09-2009, 9:25 PM
I have never had that issue but I would take it apart, make sure it is nice and clean, inspect it to see if something is obviously wrong and then put it back together properly and see if that solved anything.

Voo
03-09-2009, 9:37 PM
i just purchased a used g26 and the slide lock lever does not catch the slide when i rack it with a mag. when i rack it and catch it with the lever, it does not release the slide either. in addition, it is much more difficult to rack than my g17. has anyone had this problem? does anyone know of a glock armorer in north orange county? thanks for the help in advance.

Sounds like the lever might not have been installed in the correct order. There's a tiny 'leg' (actually the spring) that sometimes doenst get lined up correctly. It's simple to check..

Remove the lever and reassemble it by first placing the pin into the locking block then inserting the slide stop, followed by the trigger pivot pin.

MAILMAN187
03-09-2009, 10:14 PM
You can get full glock diss/Breakdown Vids on YouTube. They come in real handy and 99% of the stuff can be performed by a monkey with a punch.
No kidding. Glocks are very simple to "do youself"
Plus, it's free!!!!

Josh
03-09-2009, 10:28 PM
the 26 will be harder to manipulate than the 17 as its a compact pistol and uses a heavier spring to compensate for the loss in mass of a smaller slide/barrel assembly.

As for your slide catch issue. It sounds like you might have 2 seperate issues.

Make sure that the mag is applying sufficient force to the catch to push it into position and that the spring on the slide catch is not damaged/missing

alc
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
hi josh,

i am a bit of a newbie. how can i tell if the spring is missing?

alc
03-10-2009, 3:12 PM
redbull addict has also mentioned that this could be due to a bad mag. any thoughts from anyone on this?

Josh
03-10-2009, 6:02 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/staticpages/highres/799965.jpg

The thin metal wire is the spring that pushes the stop back down into the frame.

It is captured underneath the pin above it when installed in the frame.

alc
03-10-2009, 7:58 PM
thanks josh. i guess i will have to take it apart to take a look.

MAC USMC
03-11-2009, 10:55 AM

CONTACT CALIFORNIA POLICE EQUIPMENT IN SAN DIEGO (619-280-1199) THEY HAVE TWO GLOCK ARMORERS WHO ARE VERY HELPFUL AND CAN FIX THAT PROBLEM. OTHER SHOPS WILL COST YOU A LOT MORE AND MAY NOT BE CERTIFIED ARMORERS. SINCE THE WEAPON IS USED CONSIDER HAVING ALL THE WORN PARTS REPLACED AT THE SAME TIME. YOU GAIN MONEY SAVINGS PLUS A RELIABLE WEAPON.

Josh
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Just and FYI, if you wait until a local shop or range has a glock sponsored event the glock rep will look over and fix your pistol at no charge. At least this has been my experience.

supersonic
03-11-2009, 3:58 PM
thanks josh. i guess i will have to take it apart to take a look.

You don't have to take it apart. Just remove the slide & look under the left side of the locking block pin. You'll see the back of the spring right there. Actually, you won't, because that's precisely what your problem is.;)