PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm ready to move back to CA

aslink
03-09-2009, 9:17 PM
I needed a 1911 and after much debating about which one I decided on the Springfield Operator. I love my XD 40 Service so why not keep it in the family. Plus I needed an SC and I didn't have a 9mm.

Now I'm ready to move back to CA this month. I wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row. Before we left.

http://idisk.mac.com/kenaslin-Public/3.9.09-1911-xdsc-sm.jpg

So here's a new family photo. 45ACP, 40S&W and 9mm. It seems well rounded to me.

http://idisk.mac.com/kenaslin-Public/3.9.09-familyphoto-sm.jpg

devildog999
03-09-2009, 9:38 PM
Why in gods name would you want to come back to this hell hole

Sam
03-09-2009, 10:05 PM

yes, I don't understand either. Unless there is some compelling reason, run, don't walk, run away.

Saigon1965
03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Bring more stuff to sell -

aslink
03-09-2009, 10:30 PM
The wife wants to be close to her family again. Plus I really miss the weather in the Bay Area. I ride bikes both bicycle and motorcycles. I don't get to do much of that here. It wasn't until I moved to Montana where I got to meet my 2nd amendment. So when I get back I want to be part of the solution to get California re introduced to it. It's been too long since the people running the place pulled their heads out and took a fresh breath. lol

Other than a long hard fight I'm not sure what that means. But it sure seems like there are a lot of gun owners in CA. So how the people in charge got to do what they did is beyond me at this point. But I'm sure I'll be getting a real education very soon.

Ken

hybridatsun350
03-09-2009, 10:44 PM

I lol'd at that one! :D

Trench Broom
03-09-2009, 10:44 PM
It's good to see someone with your attitude moving back into California :thumbsup: - it benefits all of us who remain in this state and try to make a difference for the better ( nice family portrait, BTW - I'm diggin' on that .45! )

aslink
03-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks.

I'm trying to remain as positive as possible. The only way to fix what's broken is to get your hands dirty and fix it.

devildog999
03-09-2009, 10:53 PM
The wife wants to be close to her family again. Plus I really miss the weather in the Bay Area.
Ken

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!

You mean to tell me, you get away from California, and decide to move back. While I think you crazy, I can live with that. But then you go and say you are moving to the Bay area?! Are you crazy??!!

I hope you have a good health plan, cuz your gonna need A LOT of psychiatric counseling. That and after a while, likely a suicide watch. I mean c'mon, that's too much anti 2A right there in one move. You gotta ease into it. Live on the border of AZ, but on the CA side. Every couple years, move more and more north. It's like cooking a frog, you can't just throw him in a pot of boiling water, he'll jump out. You gotta slowly raise the temp. Same thing here, ease into it. For the sake of your mental health.

HCz
03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
It wasn't until I moved to Montana where I got to meet my 2nd amendment. So when I get back I want to be part of the solution to get California re introduced to it. It's been too long since the people running the place pulled their heads out and took a fresh breath. lol

:thumbsup:

Just get some pistols you won't be able to get here in CA like Ruger LCP or HK45 before you move back.

Sam
03-09-2009, 10:59 PM
:thumbsup:

Just get some pistols you won't be able to get here in CA like Ruger LCP or HK45 before you move back.

Be careful not to do so much as to be viewed as a dealer by the ATF.

aslink
03-09-2009, 11:05 PM
For me this a funny thread. Thanks again guys.

Regarding get pistols before I return. Here's my currently list.

Sig 556 with plenty of pmag 20 & 30 parts wink wink
XD40 Service lots of extra hi-cap mags soon to be parts wink wink
XD9SC
Non CA Springfield Operator

As far as the LCP and the HK45 go, I'm not interested in them. I've handled the HK and didn't like it. I've also tried over and over to get a Sig handgun and don't care for those either. So I've gotten the toys I've wanted and ready to come back.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Riodog
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure he should be posting stuff like this as he's more than likely 5150. I don't think his doctor would sign off on his being mentally stable enough to possess guns, knives, pointy sticks, or anything else that he could hurt himself with.

Hope you bring a lot of money with you as our taxes just got raised.
Rio

gravedigger
03-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah! Move here, to Commiefornia! Buy MY house and MY business so I can get the cluck out of this bastion of liberalism! I promise you that San Diego North county is a GREAT place for motorcycling, and I run a specialized motorcycle towing business! You can immediately immerse yourself in the motorcycling community! I am well established for 11 years now. It is a turn key business. I'll give you the house and all of the furnishings, the truck, the copyrighted logo, the toll-free numbers, heck, I'll even give you my Blackberry! I'll toss in the customer base and the web domains, all for a reasonable price! The house is a 3BD/2BA 1875 sq.ft. on 1/2 acre on a hill with a view, and a pool! I'll take my guns, my computers and my tools, etc. and leave EVERYTHING else for you! you can move right in! Pots and pans etc. in the kitchen, 35" color TV with digital cable in the living room, high speed internet access throughout. I'll leave the fax machine, the color laser printers, the well... practically everything! I'll even leave 60 pairs of jeans and several dozen T-shirts with the company logo on them, if you fit em! Phone, paper shredder, stereo, DVD player, vacuum cleaners and practically everything you will need to jump right into my shoes, including my shoes!

So when are you coming? Tomorrow? Wednesday? Bring cash! I'm thinking ... $750,000.00 for the whole package, and the phone will start ringing the moment you take over! The biz grosses $60K annually. Man! You sure are LUCKY I'm leaving! This is a STEAL! :thumbsup:

rod
03-10-2009, 3:51 AM
I gotta ask this question and I'm not sure how to put it without getting someones panties all bunched up...why do a lot of Californians get upset when they encounter negative attitudes, from out of state folks, when the same anti-California attitude comes from within the State lines too? Is it a case of "it's my litter box and only I can crap in it" or something else? I moved out of California for a job oportunity, and I miss a lot of things about California. I hear a lot of anti-California jokes at the gun shows but I always point out the success Californians have had in recent years in regards to gun laws and the jokes turn into New York jokes.

I guess I thread jacked this. Sorry. Aslink, nice collection of guns you have. You'll be a happy Californian with a collection like that. You'll also be a huge asset to fight the remaining gun control laws with a good attitude like yours.

aslink
03-10-2009, 8:35 AM
Regarding the California bashing I think people just like to ***** either, for or against.

Thanks for favorable comments regarding my little friends.

And I hope I'm able to make changes in CA I do love the place and a good portion of family will not leave so back we go. We were hoping they would see how beautiful MT was and maybe just maybe some would move out with us. But the money is much better there I'll give CA that.

Thanks for the great comments in general. I love the sight and the people.

Ken

devildog999
03-10-2009, 8:52 PM
I gotta ask this question and I'm not sure how to put it without getting someones panties all bunched up...why do a lot of Californians get upset when they encounter negative attitudes, from out of state folks, when the same anti-California attitude comes from within the State lines too? Is it a case of "it's my litter box and only I can crap in it" or something else? I moved out of California for a job oportunity, and I miss a lot of things about California. I hear a lot of anti-California jokes at the gun shows but I always point out the success Californians have had in recent years in regards to gun laws and the jokes turn into New York jokes.

I guess I thread jacked this. Sorry. Aslink, nice collection of guns you have. You'll be a happy Californian with a collection like that. You'll also be a huge asset to fight the remaining gun control laws with a good attitude like yours.

I think it comes mostly from out of state people not wanting to do business with us

JeffM
03-10-2009, 9:13 PM

It's only the guys in SoCal that are saying the place is a S-hole. Which SoCal is, but the rest of the state is nice. It's just too bad the politicians that come from the S-Hole south and the nice, but silly, Bay Area, guide policy for the whole state.

HCz
03-10-2009, 9:58 PM
Be careful not to do so much as to be viewed as a dealer by the ATF.

I'm not saying he has to sell it. There are times when you wish you bought it before you couldn't.

Squidward
03-11-2009, 12:00 PM
I'd be more concerned about the JOB situation than the GUN situation in CA, if I were returning....

BTW- what type of bike? (and everyone likes pix of them too)

aslink
03-11-2009, 1:32 PM
Got that covered already. So I'm ready. lol

high_revs
03-11-2009, 1:40 PM

+1... haven't you been up to snuff what PRK is like these days? :)

but if you like bikes, prk is the place to be (bay area too!). skaggs, the usual weekend grief on 9/35/84, etc. tough that you're moving back now when all the nuts come out to play on the twisties. that or unless it's a harley/cruiser, then any road will do. LOL

aslink
03-11-2009, 3:59 PM
No Cruisers I like motorcycles, that go fast. lol

N6ATF
03-11-2009, 5:26 PM
With the largest tax increase of any state in the union, ever, that just passed, this is really the worst time to move here, unless you plan to
1) not pay income tax
2) not buy anything taxable in-state
3) not register any vehicles here

Though I guess it would be ok if you have enough to build an impenetrable compound to defend against enforcement of the highest tax rates in the country.

SCMA-1
03-12-2009, 10:39 AM
.....among all the reasons already stated.:( Read this:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2698-Charlotte-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m3d5-What-is-your-states-Freedom-Index

“Freedom In The 50 States: An Index of Personal and Economic Freedom” measures a number of variables beyond the usual economic measures, including, “measures of social and personal freedoms such as peaceable citizens’ rights to educate their own children, own and carry firearms, and be free from unreasonable search and seizure.”

SCMA-1

CAL.BAR
03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
For God's Sake - pick up an HK45 before you come. If you don't instantly love it (i.e. you're bent or retarded) you can sell it to a VERY eager audience at a nice profit.

chris
03-12-2009, 12:59 PM
dude stay away from this herpe infested puss ridden state. it will in time contaminate the entire country with herpes.

for gods sake stay in the free state you live in and enjoy and watch the once great state of california develop full blown herpes simplex 10!

aslink
03-12-2009, 3:11 PM
Well I must be retarded because I have yet to love any HK, sorry.

Herpe town here I come. I will bring plenty of condoms, how's that?

Ken

luchador768
03-12-2009, 3:55 PM
Oregon and Washington are pretty close to the Bay Area. So is northern Nevada. I find a 250+ mile buffer zone from the in-laws is best. The Reno area is every bit as "nice" as 95% of South and Central California, and just a 3 hr drive to the bay area.

N6ATF
03-12-2009, 3:58 PM
The rapist (the state government, which collectively dreams of 100% income tax) doesn't like condoms.